onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

1,500 not renewing STs

andy jones

Making a half-hearted 'pledge' on the internet is one thing, come August I can assure you over 75% of the people who have signed up will have bought season tickets.

comments like make me so much more determined not to get one

nice to see you won't be posting again as well ! :D:D

Advert

Are you a shareholder if not why not how else do you think we can get these out.Its either by voting them out or by hurting them where it hurts most in the pocket.I dont want to do damage to the club that i love but if that what it takes to get these board members out then so be it.Like i have said before 56 years i have been going it will hurt not to attend home matches but i could not live with myself if i just stood back and did nothing.All i need is a justifiable reason off this board why we are stopping investment they never give one to the satisfaction of us the supporters.So once more i say to the board come clean tell us why it is you do not want investment off a vale fan tell us now before you lose the club that we as fans deep down love.

Well, it's clearly personal this time. But it's different reasons for different investors. And also there seems to be some concern when investors ask to see the books. The board seem to close ranks at that point.

What frustrates me is that the board must be blind not to see that the supporters and shareholders are very unhappy with them. What's even more frustrating is Bill Bratt says things that supporters do not want to hear e.g. we have not received a bid, it's not in the best interests of Port Vale (without stating why), their plan (Texans) will not work (without stating why).

They state they will step down if the supporters wish it, yet when push comes to shove they actually attempt to barricade themselves in. Say one thing, do another. This makes me lose trust in them and makes me believe that they do not know what they are doing. They've lost sight of the original V2001 principles and aims and are now clearly in it for themselves.

It is these 6 people that are at best holding the club back, if not already seriously damaging the club. The will of the supporters and shareholders is not yet being heard, hence pressure groups like B&G and SEO need to be formed, not so much to indicate to the board the general unhappiness, but to inform all supporters that something is not what it should be in the boardroom.

We're all Vale fans and we can of course all form individual opinions on the current affairs. If people want to buy season tickets it is their right to do so and I understand that and will not deride them for doing so. All I want people to do is to think a little what the present board would do with the money should they get it. as an example, what was the Micky Adams compensation money used for?

Bill Bratt comes across to me as a man that will never admit he is wrong. He will blame everyone but himself for the situation that the club finds itself in today. They've had a 8 year crack of the whip and quite frankly it has been a disaster from start to finish. We need them out while we still have a club to support.

I'm not renewing my season ticket, neither is my eldest step-lad nor my daughter and yes, I have signed the pledge. My wife can't quite believe that i'm not renewing my ST. I've explained the reasons why and she basically understands my reasoning (she's not a football fan as such) but she knows that missing the Vale will bug me, especially as I couldn't attend the Vale between 98-06 due to various reasons. When I started going back I swore i'd never miss a home game again as i'd missed it so much.

That was then, this is now. I am livid with the current board, the lies that they spout, the quite frankly, disgusting way that they treated Mike Newton, Mo Chaudry and now, lifelong Vale fan Mark Sims, appointing Jim Gannon and i'm convinced that they are trying to hide something rather dodgy in the books. Yes, V2001 saved us in the beginning but now they are on the verge of killing the club, they should have gone years ago but no, they want to cling on to power, but for how long? If they refuse to budge then i'm afraid our future will look somewhat similar to Stockports, destined for non league obscurity. Instead they should do the right thing and let Mo & Mark come in, they have talked the talk so lets give them a chance and see if they can walk the walk, hell we're already on a downward spiral (financially) so what have we got to lose?

If Bratt & Co are still here next season then i'm afraid it'll be mostly away games for me. I, for one think that SEO is the way to go with trying to get this lot out,but I will say that B&G have done a good job and NLV did a sterling effort with the EGM. I just hope though that those that do stay away from VP never forget it, the years that I was away I almost did. After a few months I stopped listening to the radio and only looked out for the results and league table on a monday morning. Personally I never want that to happen again but V2001 is driving fans like me away. Motorsport is one of my other loves and i've started going back to watch banger/stock car racing again after quite a few years absence. I even left early yesterday (well when Stockport scored thier 2nd)so I could get to Loomer Road in time for the 2nd race. Since October i've been to Coventry, Belle Vue, Buxton & Loomer Road and it's between £12-£15 get in so it's far better value than it is at Vale.

If any of the board/club reps read this please do what's right. Port Vale is my 1st love, always has been, always will be,so for the sake of the current and the next generation of Vale fans get the investment in and go. By staying you are driving supporters like me away from the club they love, don't give people a reason to stay away and pursue other interests/hobbies at the weekend, give them hope, that is all we are asking for.

I hope some one at the club reads this and begins to understands what they are doing. Alienating proper, lifelong fans from the club like this guy, has to be the ultimate proof that they are in the wrong. I honestly don't know how they sleep at night with what they are doing to this club.

It's a free country so they tell me and it's every supporters own money and decision whether to get a season ticket or not.

Yes it will hurt the club if large numbers decide not to purchase a ticket(s) but is there another alternative way of getting rid of V2001 personally I'm sure that there isn't.They just ignore visual protests. So for me 'Starve em out' is the only option.

For those who argue with my opinion, may I ask you a question?. At least those who have signed the SEO pledge are at least making it known and warning the board and for every pledger there will be others who haven't signed but have no intensions of renewing.

With regard to paying on the gate are you having a 'giraffe' £19.50 for the rubbish that is being served up lately, I'd rather eat 'yellow snow'.

Starve em out will win this war. So it's short term pain for longterm gain

I think the problem we have is that admininstration will come sooner or later, regardless of whether people buy season tickets or not.

This is the reason I support the Starve 'em Out campaign. None of us want administration, but we know that, if we do not get this board shifted, it is a certainty to happen.

Buying season tickets is delaying the inevitable and I feel the money will be used to fortify V2001's position in the boardroom rather than being used for the benefit of the club.

Fair comment, but surely the pressure on the board is massive and they will let go sooner rather than later. M & M need to take over a healthy club rather than a club that has just come from admin with a points deduction. I can't see that buying season tickets will fortify the boards position tbh, its falling apart before our eyes. I don't want to see my club die and for that reason i bought my season tickets...

IF we enter admin for a second time, not only do we get a huge points deduction, but would we also be put under a transfer embargo, like Bournmouth were? I think we could cope with the loss of points, if M&M are in charge, but with the currant players i doubt we would be able to.

IF we enter admin for a second time, not only do we get a huge points deduction, but would we also be put under a transfer embargo, like Bournmouth were? I think we could cope with the loss of points, if M&M are in charge, but with the currant players i doubt we would be able to.
Then explain these facts to the board mate. It's their call.===

Hopefully it wont come to this, but regardless of whatever damage is incurred this board has to go. It might take longer "to turn the ship around" if we face various stipulations. But at least we can then move on with some degree of optimism.

Then explain these facts to the board mate. It's their call.===

Me and a few mates have been saying for a long time(me since the AGM), that the board have something MASSIVE to hide, that is why they will not let anyone near the books. If we go into admin, i can foresee not only a huge points deduction and a transfer embargo, but also expulsion from the football league.

I have signed the pledge and WILL NOT be purchasing another season ticket whilst this bunch of reprobrates are in charge. I love the Vale as much as the next person but I will not give them a penny more to line their pockets with as much as it will hurt, and it will, away games only for me now.

:(:(:( :):):)

I really hope they stick with it,my fear is that a lot wont and will renew at the last minute.

I will say again and it's only my opinion but those totally opposed and vocal against the board who renew are only helping to keep in what they are supposed to be opposed to BUT everyone has a right to do as they wish i guess although i would like to know why they are doing it if so opposed to the current regime.

My very real fear as well.

It will be interesting to see the stats after Saturday and if / when the board extend their promotion into May in another desperate attempt.

not sure what overdraft facility they have but that 13k has probably already gone (assuming it was accurate in the first place)

why is it always Stan Meigh who has to dig deep? Jackson is worth more than him. The end is nigh.

But you have to remember that Jackson said he wanted to use someone else's money.

Which is a great idea,i wish could use someone else's money every time i go out.

Archived