onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out...

scVale

The supporters are fighting amongst themselves since MA turned on them, he is the one with the negative persona.

What is achieved from holding a grudge following a managers post match interview at Torquay? ( coincidently our last 3points )

It doesn't really matter who started it. What does matter is that if it continues, we stand a good chance of ****ing up our own season.

Advert

What is achieved from holding a grudge following a managers post match interview at Torquay? ( coincidently our last 3points )

It doesn't really matter who started it. What does matter is that if it continues, we stand a good chance of ****ing up our own season.

What matters is that the manager needs to get the team back to winning ways,playing decent football.

Of course I have evidence of this just can't mention my source on this forum

I am sure it is now noted that I am a close source to Papa Smurf who has been away for just over a week in the South of France

MA is not under threat and has the full backing of the owners

Although they may have not been in Football for very long they understand what is the best for PVFC its staff and fans

Stop fighting amonst yourselves stand proud in supporting the manager players and staff ,do you not understand how our opponents are seeing the club the team and manger are being undermined by its own fans

Smurf will comment on his Twitter account after this posting

But they're quoting Adams DIRECTLY from his RS interview yesterday! So how can they be stirring if it is what HE said? I heard him say those words myself and so did many others.
A managers first job is to avoid relegation--achieved. Next is a play-off place---. Then promotion---. He only fails when he runs out of matches. All he did was state the obvious...Performance though the season can raise expectations and cause disappointment, let`s keep our fingers crossed.

We?......Please dont blame the supporters for our blip,they /we have been magnificent all season only reacting naturally to some dire inept performances in recent weeks

I am sure it is now noted that I am a close source to Papa Smurf who has been away for just over a week in the South of France

MA is not under threat and has the full backing of the owners

Although they may have not been in Football for very long they understand what is the best for PVFC its staff and fans

Stop fighting amonst yourselves stand proud in supporting the manager players and staff ,do you not understand how our opponents are seeing the club the team and manger are being undermined by its own fans

Smurf will comment on his Twitter account after this posting

Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc

We need to defeat the league and go up,and not each other.Remove blame and replace with pride and support as I do we need it Papa Smurf

9 mins Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc

from the fans who have been to the darkest place in football prior to new ownership. I pledge my support to MA his support staff & players

11 mins Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc

Been away for 8 days and you would think the club was back in Admin Where has the support the Manager, players and staff should be getting

We?......Please dont blame the supporters for our blip,they /we have been magnificent all season only reacting naturally to some dire inept performances in recent weeks

You see how any little comment is turned and twisted on it's head to paint the darkest picture.

I'll move on..

There are some on here who say that the comments on here are just fans discussing football issues and in many ways that is correct.

The personal attacks on Mickey Adams abilities as a manager are coming from just a few people though. The reason I posted for the first time last week was that I could see the damage this was potentially doing to the club and in particular the effects on the new owners.

To prosper Port Vale have to deliver on the field of play. If that happens crowds should increase, more money from commercial activities would be obtained and most important the owners would seek to give funds to Adams for investment.

We have suffered a fairly serious setback to our promotion hopes, nevertheless the only viable thing for the future of Vale is for the fans to pull in one direction.

My guess is there is no chance of Adams being sacked, nor should he be. The attempts by a few on here to ridicule him and some of the players is absolutely the wrong thing to do at this stage and must be desperately frustrating to the new owners who want so much to get Vale moving forward.

There are some on here who say that the comments on here are just fans discussing football issues and in many ways that is correct.

The personal attacks on Mickey Adams abilities as a manager are coming from just a few people though. The reason I posted for the first time last week was that I could see the damage this was potentially doing to the club and in particular the effects on the new owners.

To prosper Port Vale have to deliver on the field of play. If that happens crowds should increase, more money from commercial activities would be obtained and most important the owners would seek to give funds to Adams for investment.

We have suffered a fairly serious setback to our promotion hopes, nevertheless the only viable thing for the future of Vale is for the fans to pull in one direction.

My guess is there is no chance of Adams being sacked, nor should he be. The attempts by a few on here to ridicule him and some of the players is absolutely the wrong thing to do at this stage and must be desperately frustrating to the new owners who want so much to get Vale moving forward.

Absobluddylootley

Good post..............If we dont go up and the figures are done and money is lost and potential revenue lost I hope the new owners learn a valuable lesson.

I just wish Adams would stop sniping at the "Customers" and that we can all pull in the same direction

With you all the way SC. We need to find a solution, not point fingers of blame. MA has his faults, including having sly digs at the supporters when unnecessary. Let's not hang him for it.

Things on the field are going wrong. MA and his staff need to put it right. Constructive criticism might aid him, but some of what I've been reading today is beyond belief. Anybody would think we're staring at relegation to the conference followed by immediate liquidation. Smurf's tweets are bang on.

I'm confident that things will eventually turn out right. If it's this season great, if not then hopefully lessons are learnt to put things right for next season.

For me, I'm looking forward to when I can fly over from Finland and get behind the lads. I won't boo the team, I won't hurl abuse at Adams. I'll enjoy the day and hopefully we'll take a step nearer promotion. If we don't, well.. it's not the end of the world.

I dont think its the right time to sack the manager.... Ive never seen him as the messiah but to sack him now would be counter productive to the club.

As I have said many times he is well paid to do the job he is doing, he will be judged on his performance by the owners at the end of the season, if they think he isnt up to the job they will get rid.

He has signed the players, he has picked the team and the subs and dictated tactics, he will stand or fall on those decisions, he may try to deflect some of the blame onto the fans to lessen his responsibility but its his team, his choices, his tactics that will be with the club at the end of the season and his fate will rest on his performance.

geosname,

I agree with your first sentence. Lets though take a closer look at the record of Micky Adams in his second spell at Vale.

1. His win rate is over 40%.

2. He stabilised the club last season with an improved league placing.

3. This season he has had us in the top three, despite being in Administration for a fair part of it.

4. The quality of the players in the squad is gradually improving.

5. He has produced a side with the best goal difference in the league.

6. Promotion is still in our own hands.

No he is not the messiah. Nevertheless from where we were under V2001, it is a remarkable recovery and performance.

Yes he will be judged on his performance, which to date has been excellent.

Archived