onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams Out...

scVale

geosname,

I agree with your first sentence. Lets though take a closer look at the record of Micky Adams in his second spell at Vale.

1. His win rate is over 40%.

2. He stabilised the club last season with an improved league placing.

3. This season he has had us in the top three, despite being in Administration for a fair part of it.

4. The quality of the players in the squad is gradually improving.

5. He has produced a side with the best goal difference in the league.

6. Promotion is still in our own hands.

No he is not the messiah. Nevertheless from where we were under V2001, it is a remarkable recovery and performance.

Yes he will be judged on his performance, which to date has been excellent.

Spot on !!

Advert

Even talking about sacking Adams is disgraceful. He has done a fantastic job at this club in difficult times. People seem to forget how well we started the season when were in administration on a small budget. I know the Ryder promises helped us a bit but even still to achieve what he did despite the off the field set backs was fantastic. He is struggling now clearly, and a disgraceful minority have taken the opporunity to say "I told you so" and are giving him grief, and making it more difficult than it already is at the games for Micky and the team.

Micky is struggling at the moment, and it doesn't help he seems to have no idea what his best side is. There is perhaps also problems in the dressing room, hense Ryan Burge's ommission.

One think about Adams, he is stubborn as people say, and he will not throw the towel in on promotion. We will come good again and Adams will be working doubly hard with the team behind the scenes. The only constructive thing we can do is keep supporting them. I'm not going to Bristol, but I'll be one of 1000+ Vale fans right behind them at York on Saturday. Remember, a couple of back to back wins and everything's rosey again.

Even though I'm not an Adams disciple, and not a big fan, even I can see its ridiculous to state he should be sacked at this point of the season. Postmortem at the end then fair enough. I can also point out for those getting hysterical about the pesky Internet opinions, that its only a handful of fans at most saying that. But it's then repeated, quoted, moaned at etc. As much as those saying it should get some perspective until the summer, so should those getting hysterical and blaming everything from vales loss or form to global warming on the fans (including the manager). That's nonsense in itself. And the manager needs to stop reading message boards, stop having digs at the fans (twice in two weeks which just set this whole thing off), and start motivating the whole club and calling players and fans alike, to arms, ready for the last assault on the **** hole of a league.

If we don't get promoted then **** Adams off. Hope your reading this by the way Micky.

Leave ya brain in bed this morning Chris? Thats the sort of ******** comment we don't need right now so shut it and get behind the manager.

As an outsider I would be gobsmacked at this, even though i dont rate hime. I think he got lucky with the formation and team at the start of the season, with the admin situtation forcing his hand on who to play. As we have now seen him revert to one dimensional tactics from previously and bringing griff in (lazy transfers as they often are). He was lucky in that pope scored way more than anyone expected. But now the tactics have been sussed, he doesnt know what to do, and often reverts to hail mary tactics with his subs. Long term, I would be extremely worried if he was part of an 8 year plan with aspirations of bringing young players through the ranks. I also dont think he is a very nice character either, and have heard some horrible things. However we are 2nd, and he does deserve the chance to see if he can sort us out and get us over the line.

this should have read-We are in second,and he does deserve the chance to see if he can sort us out and get us over the line.

If we don't get promoted then **** Adams off. Hope your reading this by the way Micky.

Who would you replace him with?

What sort of message would sacking him now while in 2nd place send to any potential manager interested in taking on the job?

Who would you replace him with?

What sort of message would sacking him now while in 2nd place send to any potential manager interested in taking on the job?

Agreed.....and what sort of manager would we attract? What you get is what you pay for and in the lower leagues, Micky is a positive figure and works well with what he has got. Who else would we get? Look at the competition.......it's appalling......unproven or journeymen. We've had a few of those in recent history and those with short term memories need to remember what Sinnott and Gannon did for us!

A number of our players started better than expected this season, there has been a collective dip in form. We need to get behind the team now as they need it more than ever this week.

Feed THE POPE!

Post removedQUOTE]

We're already the ****ing laughing stock due to everyone moaning and bitching like a bunch of tarts, saying they want MA out when let's face it...we were due a blip in form sooner or later and it's a damn shame it's come now. But all the negativity isn't helping!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an MA fanboy by any means and have slagged him off rightly so for his team selections. But to come on here and say you want him gone is pathetic.

WE ARE WHERE WE ARE - never been more true - so let's ****ing get behind the team and be the 12th man.

Agreed.....and what sort of manager would we attract? What you get is what you pay for and in the lower leagues, Micky is a positive figure and works well with what he has got. Who else would we get? Look at the competition.......it's appalling......unproven or journeymen. We've had a few of those in recent history and those with short term memories need to remember what Sinnott and Gannon did for us!

A number of our players started better than expected this season, there has been a collective dip in form. We need to get behind the team now as they need it more than ever this week.

Feed THE POPE!

Even so Micky needs to get his act together and get it together PGDQ.He needs to get some confidence in the players,sort out any big heads,big mouths in the dressing room and STOP having digs at the supporters.Yes there are some supporters who are booing but they are very few.But this number will only increase if he continues having digs and blaming supporters.

Sorry but this sort of thread is what comes of being on a shocking run of form! If it was we were 2nd in the league having gradually climbed to this position there wouldn't be any whinging. However just after Christmas we were 12 points clear of the dreaded fourth spot, now we are just 3.

We are in relegation form at present with some tough games to come and a tactical plan that has been found out and now wanting. Plan B is rarely displayed as there doesn't seem to be one. The manager does have to answer for this, its his team, his tactics, his choice of tactics, his substitutions, his selection. It's easy to take the plaudits when things are rosy, what you don't do is turn on the fans (who actually saved the club, not turned there back on it) when the going gets tough.

I am not anti-Adams, in fact I still support him. Again though he needs to take stock of what is going on and appreciate that even he can still learn from his mistakes instead of being stubborn and burying his head.

I have to admit I think we will miss out this season simply because there are teams on much better vein of form going into the important part of the season. I really do want to be proven wrong, its been a long team in the doldrums. I just cannot see what Adams can do to turn it around at the moment, he seems to have lost belief in himself if you heard him on RS on Saturday.

Archived