onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Go back to plan a

tonyh

Ok issues I have are:

1) When James, McDonald, Morsy and Williamson were regulars the team spirit seemed higher

2) Purse is by far the best CB defensively BUT he just hooves the ball forward at every opportunity and that's not how we play.

3) Can Loft and Burge play together as effectively as Morsy and Burge(I think not)?

4) For all of Dodd's shortcomings he links the play between the midfield and the striker(s) well, something that we have been lacking in the past few games.

1) McDonald was the worst centre half we have had in years. Do you want him to be a glorified cheer leader?

2) that's the most ridiculous thing yet. All his clearance headers are directed to people and his distribution is 100000% better than mccombe. A genuinely think people watch a different game to me sometimes!

3) loft is better at left back. The big problem was our midfield was over run regardless of who plays. It's a tactical thing.

4) has to be dodds or Hughes. Andrew isn't good enough. And Williamson is the striker version of Taylor.

Advert

1) McDonald was the worst centre half we have had in years. Do you want him to be a glorified cheer leader?

2) that's the most ridiculous thing yet. All his clearance headers are directed to people and his distribution is 100000% better than mccombe. A genuinely think people watch a different game to me sometimes!

3) loft is better at left back. The big problem was our midfield was over run regardless of who plays. It's a tactical thing.

4) has to be dodds or Hughes. Andrew isn't good enough. And Williamson is the striker version of Taylor.

Take a second and watch Purse when he has the ball at the back. 9/10 it's long ball and not a pass into feet. I counted at least 12 times last night. So if you mean by he can distribute better he can kick it further I agree

This is all i think we need to do - and it isn't like they're all strangers to each other :-

Neal

Duffy Purse Chilvers (if fit) Loft

MW Morsey Burge Jones

Dodds

Pope

Home and away (possibly swap Loft and Jones around at home)

Id go with that, but have yates at right back with duffy in the middle for chilvers, and loft on left wing and jones at left back.

Take a second and watch Purse when he has the ball at the back. 9/10 it's long ball and not a pass into feet. I counted at least 12 times last night. So if you mean by he can distribute better he can kick it further I agree

He never has any options though, the midfield never seem available for the ball attacking wise or defensively, his distribution of what ive seen is far better that mccombe, chilvers and mcdonald, who was the worst defender ive seen for a while.

I've said for some time that we need to change it at home to the better sides, nothing major jfor me 2 changes would so it, Dodds back alongside Pope and Morsey back in the middle with Loft moving out wide in place of Vincent. All our home wins this season have been by 3 or more goals against the weaker/poorer teams(bar Rotherham), we need to maybe tighten up at home aginst the better sides and try to grind out some wins a bit like we did under Adams in his first spell. We also need to learn that 2 big lads up front does not work! If Pope is playing he is better with Dodds or Williamson and for me at home Burge & Loft are not working as a pair when we play with 2 wingers.

For me the team at home should be:- (When all available)

Neal

Duffy

McCombe

Purse

Jones

Myrie-Williams

Morsy

Burge

Loft

Dodds

Pope

Subs

Johnson

Yates

Chilvers

Birchall

Vincent

Williamson

Hughes

Loft has been dreadful the last few games in the middle, that is certainly one thing that needs to change for me.

I tend to agree with original poster, Rotherham was probably the last time we played really well against a decent side(I didn't go to Gills but you can't knock that result either). I thought we did well against Plymouth but they are a poor side and did have 10 men, but Williamson was excellent alongside Pope in that match yet seems to have been put out to grass since(taken he has been ill last 2 games) which is harsh imo.

I'm not sure I'd play Yates over Jones though. Yates has proved he's a better left back than right back for me this season but I'm still not confident with him in the side.

I think some players(Vincent mainly plus JMW, Loft for example) are bang out of form. Popey also looks a bit flat imo maybe due to the afforementioned players.

There are 2 main problems. Firstly, Pope needs to play up front on his own, with Dodds or Williamson as support. Hughes should only be brought on as sub if necessary. Secondly, the contribution of Vincent & Myrie-Williams has been superb this season with many goals & assists, & with Pope, are the main reasons why Vale are doing so well. There is no one on the bench anywhere near as good as the wingers when in form, which is why Adams won't change the team. Therefore, Adams needs to concentrate in particular on getting Vincent back to form.

I do and we often comment on how his headers out are usually directed well as opposed to being spooned to their players. To even suggest mccombe or McDonald are even worthy of the same league doesn't even deserve debate.

ARRRR the keyboard managers return as expected, it's ok guys not knockings yers, gives us something to debate with out falling out ... I HOPE ...and gives MA some much needed help :) while not attacking the mentioned MA .. so bring it on

This is a football forum nobody is being a keyboard warrior or manager, people are putting there own opinions forward which is the whole point of a forum!!!!!!

Loft has been dreadful the last few games in the middle, that is certainly one thing that needs to change for me.

I tend to agree with original poster, Rotherham was probably the last time we played really well against a decent side(I didn't go to Gills but you can't knock that result either). I thought we did well against Plymouth but they are a poor side and did have 10 men, but Williamson was excellent alongside Pope in that match yet seems to have been put out to grass since(taken he has been ill last 2 games) which is harsh imo.

I'm not sure I'd play Yates over Jones though. Yates has proved he's a better left back than right back for me this season but I'm still not confident with him in the side.

I think some players(Vincent mainly plus JMW, Loft for example) are bang out of form. Popey also looks a bit flat imo maybe due to the afforementioned players.

I agree about Loft,i cant see at the moment why he appears to be a favourite of many,for me he played better at left back.

ARRRR the keyboard managers return as expected, it's ok guys not knockings yers, gives us something to debate with out falling out ... I HOPE ...and gives MA some much needed help :) while not attacking the mentioned MA .. so bring it on

It's only constructive criticism,I'm sure MA understands that.

Doesn't he?:unsure:

Switching from Pope upfront on his own to giving him a partner is the problem. Absolutely stupid. He spends more time running the channels and dropping deep to flick things on when he should just be the focal point and staying in the box.

Adams is going to cost us promotion at this rate.

Look at when a defender has the ball, Vincent and JMW join Pope and Hughes in a line of 4, then Burge and Loft are left with a midfield 5 surrounding them. So as there isn't a short option it's hoofed upfront.

Absolutely spot on.

Archived