onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Touquay post match

yorky valiant

Advert

Started slowly again. Neal did indeed make a very good save early on which could have seen them take a deserved lead. Pitch was very bobbly and again made playing the ball on the deck a bit difficult. Our goal had an element of good fortune about it but not arguing about that! We were more in control in the second half and could have had one or two more with a dreadful miss by Vincent when through on goal being the low point. They pressed in the last five minutes but never created any clear cut chances. 700 Vale fans there. 2 Ladies toilets. I believe the queue is only just subsiding!

Not pretty but got the job done.

Neal made one great early save then had little bar for routine stuff to do.

2nd half was better from us than first and Andrew drew two good stops from the keeper, Vincent shanked a one on one wide after a bad bobble and JMW might have had a pen if he had gone to ground rather than trying to keep his balance.

Purse MoM for me. An absolute rock.

Not pretty but got the job done.

Neal made one great early save then had little bar for routine stuff to do.

2nd half was better from us than first and Andrew drew two good stops from the keeper, Vincent shanked a one on one wide after a bad bobble and JMW might have had a pen if he had gone to ground rather than trying to keep his balance.

Purse MoM for me. An absolute rock.

Reminded me for anyone as old as me of the last time we got promoted from this league in the early 80s I was a young lad it was a Friday night kick off we won one nil jim Steele scored the winner took about 13 hours to get there and back. I slept until match of the day on the Saturday. Remember being really pleased we were features on match of the day at the end of the programme.

Lets hope it's a lucky omen

Reminded me for anyone as old as me of the last time we got promoted from this league in the early 80s I was a young lad it was a Friday night kick off we won one nil jim Steele scored the winner took about 13 hours to get there and back. I slept until match of the day on the Saturday. Remember being really pleased we were features on match of the day at the end of the programme.

Lets hope it's a lucky omen

Your memory is playing tricks! The game was on a Saturday night, not Friday, and Match of the Day was on the Sunday afternoon during that season.

Your memory is playing tricks! The game was on a Saturday night, not Friday, and Match of the Day was on the Sunday afternoon during that season.

Thanks I was only about 13 so my memory was vague to say the least. I had to get a bus from Hanford to meet my uncle in burslem all I remember is that it felt like an eternity without sleep from the time I left my house.

Also remember feeling really proud after match of the day ( whatever day it was ) as I had to return to trentham high being the only vale supporter in the schools history and much maligned not only by pupils but teachers as well.

Neal's save was just in front of where I was standing and it was brilliant!He certainly made up for last week and kept us in the game on a couple more occasions.We were second best for long periods as Torquay were up for it and fighting for their lives.A good result but what a ref!!!!!:doh:

Neal's save was just in front of where I was standing and it was brilliant!He certainly made up for last week and kept us in the game on a couple more occasions.We were second best for long periods as Torquay were up for it and fighting for their lives.A good result but what a ref!!!!!:doh:

Don't think we were 2nd best at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a different type of game, i think MA got it spot on by picking Andrews, it was obvious that it was going to be a battle.

A battle it was but as much as Torquay huffed & puffed they never threatened (apart from the Howe heade & Neals truely world class save). Vale controlled the game although in a different manner than normal.

In the 2nd half Vale could have had 2 or 3 more if they'd have used the final ball better but a win is a win.

For me Purse was MOM by a country mile & he typified Vales game.

Reminded me for anyone as old as me of the last time we got promoted from this league in the early 80s I was a young lad it was a Friday night kick off we won one nil jim Steele scored the winner

We also won 1-0 there in April 1986 with a goal from Robbie Earle. Also a Saturday night game. The win ensured we were promoted from div 4. More Vale fans than Torquay that night and the Vale fans were allowed on the pitch after to celebrate. Great night that was.

Archived