onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Touquay post match

yorky valiant

Advert

Purse had another mega game and thought boom boom looked a bit rusty in his pairing with him so can only get stronger, burge needed to be subbed as he could easily have been sent off by the pleb of a ref

When I heard that Hughes and Williamson had gone down with tummy bugs and Andrews was starting I did think oh dear!!

But fair play to the lad he linked well with pope and looked sharp, didn't think we would lose as that's the worst Torquay side I have seen for a few years and as I said the back four were solid as a rock and another excellent performance and top class saves from Niel topped a great team performance

Then back to the hotel along with jimmy,Pete t and carpet boy few drinks, curry and throwing a few shapes on the dance floor till the early hours in the eighties bar if carlsberg did away trips!!!

Roll on Oxford and York for other away days creeping ever closer to the prize

UTV

Purse had another mega game and thought boom boom looked a bit rusty in his pairing with him so can only get stronger, burge needed to be subbed as he could easily have been sent off by the pleb of a ref

When I heard that Hughes and Williamson had gone down with tummy bugs and Andrews was starting I did think oh dear!!

But fair play to the lad he linked well with pope and looked sharp, didn't think we would lose as that's the worst Torquay side I have seen for a few years and as I said the back four were solid as a rock and another excellent performance and top class saves from Niel topped a great team performance

Then back to the hotel along with jimmy,Pete t and carpet boy few drinks, curry and throwing a few shapes on the dance floor till the early hours in the eighties bar if carlsberg did away trips!!!

Roll on Oxford and York for other away days creeping ever closer to the prize

UTV

I am reliable informed that Santa has been asked to audition for COME DANCING.:D........As well as a certain sitting down competition.........:shifty:........Young Carpetboy Tom has qualified for the 'Foul Bowels' title of the year.......:cry:

Posting here because the other thread has been closed by accident / for no reason at all.

A lot of people (including MA) seem to be lacking perspective here.

We've had a few unhappy years but finally it's our best chance of finally being promoted out of this division. Supporters are naturally pessimistic types at the best of times. One or two people are going to be anxious and frustrated after the previous two games. That just comes with the territory of being a football fan. Any booing after the Morecambe game was harsh based on the bigger picture but it was hardly a massive chorus.

One of Micky's jobs is to protect his players from this sort of anxiety and stop it from being transmitted to the team. On this occasion he's decided to make a big thing out of a fairly small bit of booing/moaning. The Micky Adams of three or four seasons ago would have simply risen above it. Now he seems to be going to great lengths to meet head on the criticism by fans on the internet message boards and radio phone-ins that he makes a big point of saying he doesn't read or listen to.

Posting here because the other thread has been closed by accident / for no reason at all.

A lot of people (including MA) seem to be lacking perspective here.

We've had a few unhappy years but finally it's our best chance of finally being promoted out of this division. Supporters are naturally pessimistic types at the best of times. One or two people are going to be anxious and frustrated after the previous two games. That just comes with the territory of being a football fan. Any booing after the Morecambe game was harsh based on the bigger picture but it was hardly a massive chorus.

One of Micky's jobs is to protect his players from this sort of anxiety and stop it from being transmitted to the team. On this occasion he's decided to make a big thing out of a fairly small bit of booing/moaning. The Micky Adams of three or four seasons ago would have simply risen above it. Now he seems to be going to great lengths to meet head on the criticism by fans on the internet message boards and radio phone-ins that he makes a big point of saying he doesn't read or listen to.

I'm not going to enter the Micky debate, but I thought yesterday was a massive massive game and it showed. Torquay probably sensed we were vulnerable and played well, we were nervy and probably should have put the game to bed. I thought the defence were magnificent and our goals against column is now looking like that of a promotion side.

I can understand fans' frustration but we are Vale - we do everything ****-about-face and had we beaten Morecambe but lost at Torquay we would still have had 3 points, but some fans would seem happier - I never understand this but we seem obsessed with our home form!

Speaking with a few of their fans after the game and Purse should have been sent off twice,also should have had a penalty 1st half (can't remeber seeing anything and it was at our end) and a 2nd in the 2nd half too.

Play was also pulled back for a foul when clean through one on one, still with a bit to do though, didn't the same thing happen in the home game when we were 2 on 1 in the final seconds.

Thought that we played well, 1st 10 they were on top but 2 good saves from Neal and that was it felt fairly comfortable after that. Purse was great, put up with lots of off the ball stuff and Benyons diving. Mickys substitution of Burge the right thing as he'd probably have walked, Morsy did well when he came on. Pleased for Andrew as he played well, just sometimes lacked the vision (that Pope seems to have) for the killer through ball, had he played it early a couple if times we would have killed them off.

Archived