onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why is Micky so stubborn?

old sage

Worried ? yes I am but hoping improving weather conditions will help the playing surface and therefore benefit our wingers something I'm hoping to see this weekend.

I do find it strange though how managers fail to see what fans see, is it a blinkered thing or having favourites ? We've all know for abit now we needed a left back and boy at last do we appear to have a good one. We all know Vincent has been poor of late and as Jones like to bomb forward do we need an attacking winger that side with Loft also supporting Jones.

Myrie I would keep on and get him to swop over sides quite a bit. The fans can see we need to get a bit more control in midfield and an extra body whoever it was would help. Looking at the BBC stats for possesion on Saturday are nearly 50/50 and considering it was the seige the last 20 minutes that stat is quite telling.

Ah well this is worse than playing a cup match the suspense lasts a lot longer. The fact its been so long since weve been here makes it harder to cope with. I'm crossing everthing I've got at the moment. God knows how the players feel but at least it is in their hands.

I'm trying to keep the faith

Advert

The arrogance to think that the man who has got us to the position we're in is stubborn because he doesn't agree with you is mind boggling.

I'm throughly sick of all this knee-jerk reaction ****. It's only a week or so since we were laughing at the Gills fans for doing it! Get a grip

Its MA that needs to get a grip, we have a GD + points on 4th place, but any more 1 point out of 6 and that advantage will soon be gone, The last 2 matches we heard "top of the league, your having a laugh" yes they are. :mad:

OK, so here is what I think is not working right now.....Lee Hughes + Tom Pope. last season Pope only managed 5 goals, why, because he was always playing in Riccos shadow. Before Hughes came Pope was scoring for fun, now, he is struggling to get the opportunities because there are not enough going round to feed two very similar players. Take Hughes out and put Dodds back in, a totally different type of player and the Pope will be fed once more and the goals will flow. Also, why have Chrissy Birchall sat on the bench when the Myrie-Williams/Vincent combo isn`t working....Calvin Andrew has proven he is not the solution to breaking down defences. The there is Ben Williamson, who was doing well at times alongside Pope...can`t get a game since Hughes arrived!

I was dubious about signing Hughes and although I tried to believe he was great when he scored a few goals, I remain unconvinced that he is the answer. People laughed when I said he wouldn't get 5 goals for us, he hasn't yet! He only has 3 so far unless you include the own goal he claimed. I hope he proves me wrong but he is taking his time about it.

The point of a squad is to change things around as well as cover for injuries, there is a heavy month coming up, the Vale will be tested like never before this season. The team will have to be changed around. Even if Hughes has a starting clause, variety is needed to test teams and avoid over tiredness.

At the end of the day we all have our own opinions and preferred players but Adams is the manager and he's the one who sees them in training all week and watches our opponents to see how they play, so we have to allow him to do what he thinks is best.

Mostly he has been an outstanding success this year and no-one can argue with our current place, especially considering we were in admin a few months ago and could not even fill the bench.

We also forget that he has altered the way we play compared to last time he was here when we used to ground out a few 1-0 wins and play in a dour, dull manner. That has all changed for the better.

He might be a bit stubborn [as are all managers] but he isn't daft.

(I think you will find McCombe and Purse are perhaps our best combination with Duffy back at right back. Yates does his best but mostly passes back and square and when he's up against a taller stronger player he comes off second best. Ellison got the better of him I thought as did their full backs against our wingers. Duffy is a little bit more physical I think)

I was dubious about signing Hughes and although I tried to believe he was great when he scored a few goals, I remain unconvinced that he is the answer. People laughed when I said he wouldn't get 5 goals for us, he hasn't yet! He only has 3 so far unless you include the own goal he claimed. I hope he proves me wrong but he is taking his time about it.

He has 4 in 6. The Gill's goal is his at it was his to claim and was given to him. I look at it the other way around. I am glad Hughes is here as I always knew Popey would have a run where goals were hard to come by. He had chances on Saturday that would have flown in a few weeks back, but the rub of the green has changed for him at the moment and he needs to keep percevering, it will come good for him. But to blame Hughes for Popes lack of goals in the last few matches is a bit childish. In my opinion of course.

He has 4 in 6. The Gill's goal is his at it was his to claim and was given to him. I look at it the other way around. I am glad Hughes is here as I always knew Popey would have a run where goals were hard to come by. He had chances on Saturday that would have flown in a few weeks back, but the rub of the green has changed for him at the moment and he needs to keep percevering, it will come good for him. But to blame Hughes for Popes lack of goals in the last few matches is a bit childish. In my opinion of course.

Indeed. Pope has hit the woodwork in 2 of the last 3 games. That's not Hughes' fault, that's just some bad luck that he didn't have earlier in the season.

Tom Pope was never going to score consistently throughout the season , he's having an unfortunate lean spell at the moment which all strikers do .

In my opinion this is nothing to do with the arrival of Lee hughes just a coincidence of timing .

In the last few games Tom has had his chances they just havn't gone in , it happens , he had two good headed chances on Saturday, earlier in the season he would probably have found the net and if so none of this would be being discussed .

We are having a blip and on any other day we would probably have buried a poor side like Morecombe , unfortunately it was their day and our excellent keeper made a rare mistake , none of this is down to Hughes and Pope playing together up front .

As Daniel Jones said in his interview afterwards , it wasn't our day , take on the chin and move on to the next game.

Tom Pope was never going to score consistently throughout the season , he's having an unfortunate lean spell at the moment which all strikers do .

In my opinion this is nothing to do with the arrival of Lee hughes just a coincidence of timing .

In the last few games Tom has had his chances they just havn't gone in , it happens , he had two good headed chances on Saturday, earlier in the season he would probably have found the net and if so none of this would be being discussed .

We are having a blip and on any other day we would probably have buried a poor side like Morecombe , unfortunately it was their day and our excellent keeper made a rare mistake , none of this is down to Hughes and Pope playing together up front .

As Daniel Jones said in his interview afterwards , it wasn't our day , take on the chin and move on to the next game.

The best and most sensible post ive seen for a while.

Excellent and sensible post amongst the hysteria. Have a cup of tea Mr Tips. :yes:

Its MA that needs to get a grip, we have a GD + points on 4th place, but any more 1 point out of 6 and that advantage will soon be gone, The last 2 matches we heard "top of the league, your having a laugh" yes they are. :mad:

Blimey, if ever my car breaks down when you are around and I have to use jump leads, I'll know which one to connect to your snout. We ARE at the top of the league and may well finish 1st or 2nd, but sadly I wonder if you only get your laughs when setbacks (for that is all they are) occur.

Archived