onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why is Micky so stubborn?

old sage

No one can argue that over the last few games Vale have rarely been at their best. Okay against Accy we woke up in the 2nd half and against Wimbledon we were pretty decent but take a look at where these teams sit in the league.

With this in mind why doesn't Micky tweak things a little?. Our main problem is that we are often over run in midfield due to being outnumbered in this area with us choosing to use two midfield players while the opposition uses four or even five midfield men.

At this time where the prize is so close that we can almost taste it we need a few changes because we are good enough our position in the league proves this. One or two players Vincent in particular look very low on confidence so surely a game or two on the bench being brought on as an impact player would probably re-awaken Ashley's appetite for the game.

Playing with two widemen who rarely track back is a luxury which at this time we simply cannot afford. so why doesn't Micky bring in Doddsie to both bolster the midfield and weigh in with a few goals because 'Super Lou' is often our most clinical finisher.I believe that with Louis playing an attacking midfield role he would give a better supply of ammunition for our frontmen.

I fear that to do nothing is not an option that Micky can take and over the past two games in particular Vincent has been a passenger. We can talk about heavy pitches all day long but it is the same for both teams. so please Micky give it a go. It could just kick start us on the last lap before the finishing line!

This thread isn't about player bashing it's about selecting a team to get us out of league 2!

Advert

The arrogance to think that the man who has got us to the position we're in is stubborn because he doesn't agree with you is mind boggling.

I'm throughly sick of all this knee-jerk reaction ****. It's only a week or so since we were laughing at the Gills fans for doing it! Get a grip

Vincent has had a cracking start to life at the Vale but I think the number of games he's played has caught up on him since December and our pitch certainly won't help him.

Give him a rest for three or four games and put Jones further forward - he could be very useful there, especially his height at the back post.

Yates can cover at left back (very unfortunate to be on the bench at the minute).

He's stubborn because it's working!

We've been overrun in midfield a lot all season but the odd time we get it forward we've been scoring at will, probably because the wingers stretch the play whether they're performing or not.

JMW will have one good, one bad game and on the good game he's unplayable at this level.

Vincent is due a rest, I grant you.

Adams himself will say he's made mistakes but my reading of what he said after Barnet related to away games, so we'll see at Torquay.

I disagree with lots of what Adams does but do I think, in my wildest dreams I'd do a better job??? Behave.

We all know in reality that Adams has his limitations but is probably the best we will get at this level. That is why he is here.

I find it difficult to understand that he did not know in advance how Morecambe were going to play and how Davids would play for Barnet. The great managers were always one step ahead and made changes BEFORE most of the fans knew that they were needed, Clough and Shankly in particular. Adams of course has many good points but sometimes appears not to be able to see further than the end of his nose. He also appears to be slow or reticent to make changes during matches, Shankly would haul a player off after 20 minutes if things were not right, even when only one sub was allowed (think Gillingham at home). A lot of supposedly lesser managers are getting one step ahead of him . I am not panicing but am just a teeny bit nervous . Things are still relatively rosy but not perfect.

We all know in reality that Adams has his limitations but is probably the best we will get at this level. That is why he is here.

I find it difficult to understand that he did not know in advance how Morecambe were going to play and how Davids would play for Barnet. The great managers were always one step ahead and made changes BEFORE most of the fans knew that they were needed, Clough and Shankly in particular. Adams of course has many good points but sometimes appears not to be able to see further than the end of his nose. He also appears to be slow or reticent to make changes during matches, Shankly would haul a player off after 20 minutes if things were not right, even when only one sub was allowed (think Gillingham at home). A lot of supposedly lesser managers are getting one step ahead of him . I am not panicing but am just a teeny bit nervous . Things are still relatively rosy but not perfect.

Agree 100%

My concern is some players seem nailed on for a start every game whereas others don't get a look in. For me the best midfield option has proven to be morsy and burge. Loft ain't good enough in the middle but will start every game if he stays fit. Myrie Williams has been great all season bit it was clear he wasn't on his game on Saturday and should of been the 1st to be subbed, instead of staying on for the whole 90. On the whole we were the better team and should have won but Adams needs to recognise where improvements can be made. He has stumbled across his best centre back partnership with purse and Duffy and should now move loft to RB or the bench to get morsy back in and bringing either Williamson or dodds back in is a must.

The arrogance to think that the man who has got us to the position we're in is stubborn because he doesn't agree with you is mind boggling.

I'm throughly sick of all this knee-jerk reaction ****. It's only a week or so since we were laughing at the Gills fans for doing it! Get a grip

Judging by the first 10 comments on here Yukon you seem to be in a big minority. I agree Micky is a great motivator but his insistance to select certain players when clearly suffering a big dip in form is worrying.

No one can argue that over the last few games Vale have rarely been at their best. Okay against Accy we woke up in the 2nd half and against Wimbledon we were pretty decent but take a look at where these teams sit in the league.

With this in mind why doesn't Micky tweak things a little?. Our main problem is that we are often over run in midfield due to being outnumbered in this area with us choosing to use two midfield players while the opposition uses four or even five midfield men.

At this time where the prize is so close that we can almost taste it we need a few changes because we are good enough our position in the league proves this. One or two players Vincent in particular look very low on confidence so surely a game or two on the bench being brought on as an impact player would probably re-awaken Ashley's appetite for the game.

Playing with two widemen who rarely track back is a luxury which at this time we simply cannot afford. so why doesn't Micky bring in Doddsie to both bolster the midfield and weigh in with a few goals because 'Super Lou' is often our most clinical finisher.I believe that with Louis playing an attacking midfield role he would give a better supply of ammunition for our frontmen.

I fear that to do nothing is not an option that Micky can take and over the past two games in particular Vincent has been a passenger. We can talk about heavy pitches all day long but it is the same for both teams. so please Micky give it a go. It could just kick start us on the last lap before the finishing line!

This thread isn't about player bashing it's about selecting a team to get us out of league 2!

You said it in your headline OS "Stubborn" you saw it and I saw it at Barnet, think MA had the sun in his eyes,

Archived