onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Strongest Line up?

mitchpvfc

Seems to me Micky doesnt really know what his strongest team is at the moment. Andrew and Pope together up top was bizarre, Morsy not in the squad at all... so overall, what is vales strongest line up judging by the season so far?

For me - Neal, Duffy, Mccombe, Mcdonald, Loft, Myrie Williams, Morsy, Burge, Vincent, Williamson, Pope. 4-4-1-1.

To improve, a centre half with pace is a must, a new winger to compete with JMW and AV, and maybe chris birchall for a bit of experience in the middle. Thoughts?

Advert

I'd agree except I'd play Yates instead of Loft.

MA needs to be prepared to switch to 4-3-3 if the wingers aren't getting involved. He's had a couple of goes of moving Vincent into the centre and it hasn't worked.

Dodds instead of Williamson has also worked early in the season.

Micky doesn't want any new signings does he? If he did, why didn't he sign any before the deadline? He wasn't even at the club that day was he?

Well i hope he does because they are much needed to freshen things up. I like Adams but when it comes to the transfer window, i never get excited by who he brings in to be honest. To bring in chilvers who is slower than mccombe & mcdonald and then calvin andrew - a striker who has 15 in 180 games are far from exciting.

-----------------Neal------------------

Duffy-----mccombe---new cb-----loft (if fit, Yates if not)

------Dodds-----Morsey-----Burge-----

JMW-----------pope------------Vincent------

Possibly play loft in the middle three, and Davis in defence. The two Mc's together are a liability.

4-3-3 mean very attacking when on top, and 5 in midfield when we need to control it. Dodds can make runs from midfield to support pope when necessary, knowing that he is covered if he does.

We need a LB (have done for years now), centre half (get rid of Chilvers, only ahead of the awful McDonald because his contract is shorter, and bring in the type of defender we need, not another very similar one). A centre who can run a game, such as a sober Gary Roberts or younger version of Brammer, and a decent striker to support pope.

For me it's

-------------------Neal-------------------

Duffy--Mccombe--Chilvers--Yates

JMW--Burge-------Morsy----Vincent

----------------Dodds---------------------

------------------Pope---------------------

I reckon we're much better with Dodds dropping deep and creating play he goes out wide to help the wingers and gives them another option he gives defenders problems and makes them make decision that they don't want to make by getting into positions that make him hard to mark also because he drops deep it gives the Center mods help and we don't completely loose the midfield battle like we did today

To be honest I'm not completely decided over McDonald and Chilvers I think we need a pacey Center back to play alongside Mccombe someone who doesn't get **** on every time he has to use his feet

I think Yates seems to look more comfortable facing across the pitch at left back as apposed to down the line at right back

And I just think Morsy and Burge gives us really good balance in midfield for me Morsy is good in the challenge he's got a good engine and he can pass the ball it's driving me mad he's been kicked out of the team

Two centre halfs are an absolute must for me!

You build from the back, the amount of times we lump it forward I unreal. It bypasses all the midfield everytime.

We've done amazing to get where we are, I agree it's a fantastic effort and we were flying at that start everything we hit went in.

Will this side be ther at end if season?

Not a chance!

You don't get promoted on September October...

Two centre halfs are an absolute must for me!

You build from the back, the amount of times we lump it forward I unreal. It bypasses all the midfield everytime.

We've done amazing to get where we are, I agree it's a fantastic effort and we were flying at that start everything we hit went in.

Will this side be ther at end if season?

Not a chance!

You don't get promoted on September October...

I agree,if Adams persists with the Lightening Twins it will cost us dearly.Duffy and Joe Davies for me or 2 new centre halves to replace them.

With the players we cuurently have I'd go:

Neal

Duffy

McCombe

Mcdonald

Yates

Myrie-Williams

Burge

Loft

Vincent

Pope

Williamson

Subs

Johnson

Davis

Morsy

Shuker

Lloyd

Dodds

Andrew

For me we badly need a left back and have all season, also an experienced head in centre midfielder who is not a midget and can lead the team.

Don't think Chilvers,McAllister are fit enough and not sure they are what we need, Taylor for me has had his chances and needs to improve badly if he is to force his way into the squad therefore I'd give Lloyd the chance 1st.

Vincent,Myrie-Williams & Dodds all need to find there early season form aswell if we are to continue to do well, all 3 for me have dropped there performance levels in the last couple of games especially at home.

Adams & his staff need to get back to what we were doing well at the start of the season and once the transfer window opens add better quality 2-3 players not just numbers/squad players(Left back,Centre Back-With pace & Central Midfielder-who all need to be fit aswell!), I'd also be tempted to let 2-3 go aswell, the likes of Owen,TaylorJames for me are not good enough to get you out of this league and do well in lg1!

Need two centre halfs with pace a quality left back a striker with pace along side pope and a ball winning midfield player.

Adams tactics are not good enough again totally over run again today in midfield.

If Adams does not address this in the transfer window and we continue on the slide the new owners should be looking for a change in manager look what happened at Fleetwood.

Archived