Strongest Line up?

mitchpvfc

Advert

Neal

Duffy mac mac yates

Myrie morsy loft vincent

Dodds

Pope

And thats when loft is fit which he wasnt yesterday and shudnt have started. I really think that Yates can be our full time left back too.

I think i would boost the midfield up and play a 451 formation especially with us being over run in midfield the last few games.

With the players we cuurently have I'd go:

Neal

Duffy

McCombe

Mcdonald

Yates

Myrie-Williams

Burge

Loft

Vincent

Pope

Williamson

Subs

Johnson

Davis

Morsy

Shuker

Lloyd

Dodds

Andrew

For me we badly need a left back and have all season, also an experienced head in centre midfielder who is not a midget and can lead the team.

Don't think Chilvers,McAllister are fit enough and not sure they are what we need, Taylor for me has had his chances and needs to improve badly if he is to force his way into the squad therefore I'd give Lloyd the chance 1st.

Vincent,Myrie-Williams & Dodds all need to find there early season form aswell if we are to continue to do well, all 3 for me have dropped there performance levels in the last couple of games especially at home.

Adams & his staff need to get back to what we were doing well at the start of the season and once the transfer window opens add better quality 2-3 players not just numbers/squad players(Left back,Centre Back-With pace & Central Midfielder-who all need to be fit aswell!), I'd also be tempted to let 2-3 go aswell, the likes of Owen,TaylorJames for me are not good enough to get you out of this league and do well in lg1!

That is the team i'd play and expected adams to play but for some reason this is not happening.

For me this has been our strongest line up so far:

-------------------Neal-------------------

------------------------------------------

---Duffy---McCombe---McDonald---Loft---

------------Morsy-------Burge------------

------------------Dodds------------------

-M.Williams-----------------------Vincent-

------------------Pope-------------------

However yesterday we looked tired, and just like we didn't know what the tactics were. Teams look to have figured us out and without creative players we look very on dimensional. I'm prepared to be shot down by this, but here's an alternative line-up we could try to shake things up a bit...

--------------------Neal--------------------

--------------------------------------------

---Yates---McCombe---McDonald---Taylor---

--Shuker------Morsy-------Burge------Loft--

--------------------Dodds------------------

--------------------Pope-------------------

Our wingers have been sublime all season but they've gone off the boil - whether teams are adapting to them or if it's fatigue I don't know, but either way if they were dropped for a few games and the bought back they'd be fresh and teams might not be as prepared for them. Shuker has been fairly poor in the middle, but that's because he's 5'5" and not a central midfielder. He's always played out on the right so I'd give him a run. I also like Loft on the left, so I'd give him a game at left mid. With these two playing the more attacking positions, it enables us to play with more attacking full backs because they can constantly swap as Loft and Shuker are more likely to track back that JMW and Vincent

Dodds links the attack and the midfield - bring him back in. Ok he can go missing in games, but we need his flair at the start, and that's what substitutions are for anyway.

I wouldn't really want to keep McDonald and Boom at the back - at least not together anyway - but there are no replacements! We need a pacey centre back, desperately. Chilvers doesn't solve this and Davis - although the quickest - still isn't that fast, and he doesn't have much experience.

Burge and Morsy in the middle would work. There is bite and vision there. But our midfield two has been so over-run by the lack of a third player when the wingers are playing. I think a midfield 5 would help sure up the midfield, which is what has been losing us the games in recent weeks (not the players, just the lack of men in that area)

With the players available 3-5-1-1

Neal

McCombe Duffy McDonald

Loft Morsy Burge

JMW Vincent

Dodds

Pope

The wingers would offer no support to mark the opposition wingers, and if they did then that would nullify their strengths. The Mc's haven't got the pace to cover the wide areas without leaving the middle over exposed. Square Pegs into round holes. If we want wing backs, then loft and someone else need to play wide.

The wingers would offer no support to mark the opposition wingers, and if they did then that would nullify their strengths. The Mc's haven't got the pace to cover the wide areas without leaving the middle over exposed. Square Pegs into round holes. If we want wing backs, then loft and someone else need to play wide.

Yes Loft / Burge with Dodds tracking back. Alternatively you could have Loft & Yates, but as wing backs they restrict JMW & Vincent when going forward. I did say with the players available and given the lack of pace at the back, I think Duffy would be more effective sweeping behind.

Its not just the best side its the best side given the opposition, we seem obsessed with playing two wingers when against the better sides we need to match the midfield up to stop sides playing through us i think the term is horses for courses, the chesterfield and gillingham games are two examples where if we had played the exra midfielder going 442 or even gone 451 we might have pinched a point which in my book beats loosing so easily everytime

Its not just the best side its the best side given the opposition, we seem obsessed with playing two wingers when against the better sides we need to match the midfield up to stop sides playing through us i think the term is horses for courses, the chesterfield and gillingham games are two examples where if we had played the exra midfielder going 442 or even gone 451 we might have pinched a point which in my book beats loosing so easily everytime

Agree with this.

Horses for courses was a term Grew used yesterday.

Our best players are just not being pushed, JMW and Vincent in particular need someone int he squad capable of replacing them to get better performances out of them. JMW has started showing why he wasn't wanted by Stevenage, he plays for himself. It was embarassing against Bradford. He needs to be dropped to learn, but with the current squad we simply can't drop him.

Archived