onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

todays signings

steve boomer

I'd prefer a centre half who can defend and possibly win the odd ball in the air.

I could beat McDonald over 20 yards, Chilvers might just have the edge on me, but only just.

funnily enough i tend to like defenders who win headers in our own area, perhaps we just have an old fashioned view on football

Advert

Christ. Is this the OVF simpleton night?

Just because the transfer deadline finished at 5pm today does not mean that all transfers will be announced at 17:01. I'm sure a fair few signings wilk be anounced later on this evening and tomorriw morning, once the paperwork etc has all been finalized and signed.

Thanks Beechy. Jacko said something similar earlier, only more polite and patient. Still, thanks for your input.

You fund murderers every day with your taxes.

Fair enough if you are keeping to your stance. Good for you. Its OTT in my opinion and it seems youre biting your nose off to spite your face but hey thats your decision.

I don't have a choice with the taxes. I'm not as smart as the bloke that does the Starbucks tax returns!

I'd prefer a centre half who can defend and possibly win the odd ball in the air.

I could beat McDonald over 20 yards, Chilvers might just have the edge on me, but only just.

The play starts from the back, MacDonald dictates a lot of are play and he wins his headers. Just didn't think we needed another centre half when we have already got Owen and Davies in reserve.

Beechy, I've only given my opinion. I'm underwhelmed by the Chilvers signing as I think he's average at best. Difficult not to make that sound snything other than negative. I also didn't understand why we'd not announced any more signings if deals had been completed but, thanks to more knowledgable posters, I do now. Not sure why that's irritated you so much?

I do apologise. Ignore me, my posts can be a bit OTT!

Twitters - I understand where you are coming from as my car was written off and I spent a couple of days in hospital when the left side of my car was destroyed by someone who was out of his head and tried to hide (the police got him) if my wife had been in the car with me she would be dead. The culprit got a fine and banned for 2 years - his employers passed a more sensible sentence and sacked him (he was driving a company car at the time).

However, if this incident had not happened to you then perhaps you might also, whilst regretting the guy's history off the pitch, be celebrating what he could do for us on the pitch.

There's been quite a few Vale players since Bob Newton who have been either convicted or charged with crimes that we would not want to be associated with but whilst playing in games they've had complete support.

The play starts from the back, MacDonald dictates a lot of are play and he wins his headers. Just didn't think we needed another centre half when we have already got Owen and Davies in reserve.

McDonald wins very few headers and regularly loses the man he's marking . Dont be taken in by all those bullets he sends flying into the opposition net from our dead ball kicks. I agree he plays some good balls out of defence though.

And I make no apologies for saying that. I've experienced first hand how an idiot can rip a family apart when driving. I'm still grieving for the loss of a close family member who was run down by a driver on the wrong side of the road. He's a murderer and a scum bag. Lee Hughes is worse. He recklessly risked other people's lives through his own stupidity. He tore a family apart. I don't like the fact that he will potentially be wearing Vale colours.

I still hurt from losing someone to a reckless driver. I don't want to see any of my money go to funding a murderers wages. Ill still love the Vale and be as delighted as you and anyone else if they go up. I just can't forget what a scumbag Hughes is.

Perhaps if people had experienced what I had they'd be less inclined to mouth of at me as just another "oh it's only Twitters the ****" *****.

A bit ridiculous calling him a murderer.

Although I can't personally imagine what you've been through, and I would probably feel the same in regards to supporting a player like that in your circumstances.

Archived