onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The cost of Northampton

Sch0tt

Taylor clearly was to blame for the first goal. Morsy lost the ball for the second in an awful spot and the gap between the centre half and left back was huge.

On the topic of Yates, he was poor and his first two passes, both hoofs into touch set the tone for a poor first half performance across the whole side.

Advert

Yates is truly dreadful, as I said on the other thread, I'd give him, owen n taylor a combined 5 for yesterday. You only have to watch him and Duffy for a length of time to realise this. He wasn't to blame for the goals but as Sean(boltonsno1) has said above he backs off when defending time and time again, several times near the end Demontagnac should have been dispossessed and it took Yates and Davis or James to get the ball off him. And don't get me started on his distribution going forward, it's either hit the first man or cross too deep it's neither use nor ornament to anyone!

It's a tricky one because on the one hand people are having a go at Yates for slicing the ball into touch whereas if Rob Taylor had done that instead of passing back to Neal then a lot of bad things wouldn't have happened yesterday.

Obviously there's a time and a place for each thing. Yates gets by against the mid-table/lower teams in League Two (unless they've got a decent left winger) but when has the ball at his feet and we're trying to build something, he doesn't add very much at all.

Here we go! A couple of below par performances and we are slamming players. What do people expect to achieve by slagging off Taylor, Owen, Dodds and Yates? They are part of a squad that has broke records all season and has us nicely placed in 2nd position. But most of all they are human, they make mistakes and that's why they are at Port Vale because if they were the faultless stars some of you expect they'd be in the Premiership.

If you have real problem with these individuals may I suggest you go down to training tomorrow and discuss it with them in person. Ps - don't forget your keyboards.

Here we go! A couple of below par performances and we are slamming players. What do people expect to achieve by slagging off Taylor, Owen, Dodds and Yates? They are part of a squad that has broke records all season and has us nicely placed in 2nd position. But most of all they are human, they make mistakes and that's why they are at Port Vale because if they were the faultless stars some of you expect they'd be in the Premiership.

If you have real problem with these individuals may I suggest you go down to training tomorrow and discuss it with them in person. Ps - don't forget your keyboards.

:clap:

i think we all know vales best team when all fit and free from suspension, the back four has been totally changed for one reason and the other since lofty was moved then injured

i'm sorry to say but the likes of yates, taylor and even owen who i always rated have had their day and were part of the team that failed in previous years even though i wish them no malice at all, others have stepped up to the plate and improved ala mccombe, macdonald,morsey, dodds and pope with better players around them

one shinning light though for me has been the emergance of the likes of lloyd and james who have looked like they may make the step up, maybe this was partly adams thining regarding his statement that he wont be hurried into making signings when eventually the takeover takes place but i think it is now clear we need new experianced blood in defence LB,CB abit of guile in midfield and a extra striker to take the pressure off popey

I was surprised to see James come on at half time, with Murphy on the bench I imagined that Micky would try to get him to fill in at CB.

James did OK and needs to get game time and experience under his belt now. A bit of versatility and willingness to slot in different positions could be useful for both him and us.

If we have aspirations of going up players like Yates simply aren't good enough. Owen seems to be past his best. I like Rob Taylor, he did well in a poor side 2 or 3 seasons ago and can add a few goals at his very best but by in large he isn't a full back we've needed a proper left back for a while and even more so with Lofty out injured.

The poster having a go at Dodds made a mistake I think. IMHO Dodds has been pretty good this season with the odd excellent performance.

tea bar has it spot on it's not about slagging off players the players mentioned have been part of sides that failed to achieve anything in League Two when all is said and done. I appauled them for their efforts during difficult times for the club over the last few seasons but once we are out of admin we need better(as a general rule) if we are to succeed and go up!

SV,

Yates is a decent full back for league 2 you just have a downer on him.

This season Duffy has directly contributed to Vale conceding goals Yates has not.

You mentioned he sliced the first two clearances into touch yesterday. They weren't sliced mate they were blown - perhaps you didn't notice that no-one else on the pitch was capable of keeping the ball in play when putting it in the air.

When Yates makes a mistake that directly sees us concede a goal (like Duffy at Walsall away and Gillingham at home) then come on here and give him some stick but until he does show him some support.

Steve (OBTB) is right when we get promoted we will need a better right back than Yates - at the moment I'm not convinced Duffy is anywhere near good enough to be the answer.

I'm sorry to stick in my 'tupenneth' but James at the back is surely no real option. He is a midfield player and looks like a decent one too but he was a forced liability at the back.

Lets be honest our midfield is our achilles heel. Ryan Burge is the best of a mediocre bunch. If you doubt my words why does Louis Dodds keep getting drafted in to re-inforcethat area.

I have lost count of how many games the opposition have bossed Shuker and Morsy until Burge and Dodds have been brought in to replace one or both of them.Perhaps Sam Morsy who is like a 'Jack Russell terrier'would be okay with another more creative type of player

Agree with that about our centremidfield we had our best 20 mins against Burton with dodds in their with morsey was surprised not to see him in their yesterday but I'm no mickey Adams

Archived