onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 1 - Dag & Red 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

The colour clash was a problem for me as well but I dont think it excused the fact that we were poor but it cocerns me that so many on here pick out Louis Dodds for special criticism because he played several excellent passes and when he and Burge went off the midfield was overrun by a poor Dagenham who until this time were never a threat. I suppose you lot feel that this was just a coincidence though eh.

No, I totally agree with you. Thought I was at a different game with the critisicsm of Dodds. I just thought he was too deep. Substitutions were a disaster proving we have little in reserve when the injuries / suspensions start.

Advert

20 points from 10 games is a decent return considering we've played some of the favourites for promotion as well.

Average that out over a season and we'd be looking at 92 points from 46 games, good enough for 2nd spot last season 1 point behind Swindon who finished on 93 points and good enough for top spot the season before 6 points better than Chesterfields 88.

The Mark Grew goalkeeping curse was bound to catch up with Neal sooner or later. I hope he doesn't dwell on it as up until tonight he has been top class. We need a buyer asap so that we can strengthen the squad as we have no plan B at the moment. It's time to give Taylor a run at left back and put loft in midfield. We are missing a Griff style player at the moment as we are constantly getting overrun in central midfield by average opposition such as tonight

Nothing to do with Grew, Neal did that at Shrewsbury before if you speak to their fans. Unless you're accusing Grew of moonlighting at Shrews?

Might turn out a good point by the end of the season.

I'm going rate the players for there performance last night if they read this and don't like it tough.

Neal 3 has nothing do all night gives away a Anyon bloomer

Duffy 6

Loft 4

Mccombe 8 star man won his battle and played well all night.

Myrie Williams 7 did well at times scored the goal and I thought he was ok.

Morsy 5

Burge 6

Vincent 7

Pope 7

Dodds 3 wasn't involved bullied off the ball ,anonymous

Thought the subs were terrible also apart from Williamson having a great effort just past the post didn't do much wouldn't though would he as we were on the back foot for the last 20 mins .

Thought we were the fittest team in the league could have fooled me the last 20 mins were dreadful.

McDonald 6

Neal made an extremely brave save when they should have scored. So a bit harsh.

Williamsons effort was really poor. Was right behind it in the bycars. This may surprise some people, but although dodds was poor/anonymous, when he went off we had a massive gap between the strikers and midfield. Might as well keep dodds on or more Vincent inside and bring taylor on. Williamson doesn't look sharp, doesn't make any runs into space and has poor positioning.

Sounds like I picked a good game to miss.

However some of the comments on here are almost suicidal when we are 2nd in the league. Yes it's frustrating and don't get me wrong teams like Dagenham annoy me when we don't beat them with their crappy fanbase but we're not going to smash all 23 teams we play 5 or 6(as much as it would be nice).

God knows what the reaction would have been if we had lost

Wasn't there so can't comment on the performance as such but playing badly and yet still picking up points bodes well for when we play well

Have a gut feeling that against Exeter who will have to attack us we'll do well; there will be space to exploit and from what I saw against Plymouth we are pretty good at that.

Making a day of it in Exter as it's only 10 miles up the road and looking forward to a good performance and result

Chins up everyone. we're 2nd when we could have been out of existance

God knows what the reaction would have been if we had lost

Wasn't there so can't comment on the performance as such but playing badly and yet still picking up points bodes well for when we play well

Have a gut feeling that against Exeter who will have to attack us we'll do well; there will be space to exploit and from what I saw against Plymouth we are pretty good at that.

Making a day of it in Exter as it's only 10 miles up the road and looking forward to a good performance and result

Chins up everyone. we're 2nd when we could have been out of existance

SPOT ON :clap::clap::clap:

Only my second this season; the other one was Torquay. A pattern emerging?

First the forwards. Why this obsession with lumping the ball into the box at head height? Every single cross was cleared. Surely that fact alone should be enough to convince you that you need to try something else.

Second the midfield - disjointed from the start and when the subs came on I thought 'oh Micky has spotted it too, make a few positional changes to gee it up a bit'. What happened? D & R decided there was an opportunity and while they had decided to park the bus all night until then, suddenly fancied all three points and went for it. Better finishing could have seen us in real trouble.

Last the ref. Why no red card for the foul on Neal? Disgusting. And D & R had two men offside (I was level) for the move that led to the foul, so you can blame the linesman (yellow flag) as well.

I'm not too despondent as any side can have one of those games. Just as long as it doesn't happen every game.

But on the other hand OS Shuker and Morsy were in the team when we scoring

goals for fun.

Yes Ben but I watched them at Accy and Shuker & Morsy were poor as were Vale until Burge came on. It was the same against Morecambe after a good start with Doddsie's goal we lost the midfield until Shuker came off.

Even in the game against Rotherham after a brilliant start we completely lost the midfield and at 4-2 we all feared the worst until holy intervention from 'The Pope' finished em off against the run of play.

Now that teams have started coming to Vale and defending we are struggling to 'open teams up'.

Before Burge went off last night he and Dodds played the best of the few good passes that we made. The last few minutes with Shuker and Morsy in midfield gave me nightmares and my hair has started falling out!

Shuker and Morsy ran the midfield for the first 7 or 8 games this season and JMW put in 3 or 4 good crosses with his right foot last night. I understand when you don't like someone it's hard to give them a break but surely your dislike of JMW can't blind you to his good crosses last night and in most games this season tbh.
Let me get one thing right on this one JMW is one of the first names I would have in my present team but he is very frustrating especially when played wide on the right. This is simply because he can hardly kick the ball with his right foot. I believe that he would be far more effective on the other wing.

Archived