onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 1 - Dag & Red 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Substitutions were poor again. I used to agree with most of Adams' changes but not recently. Shuker was invisible. Dodds wasn't bad but was sucked into midfield 1st half. When him and Burge went off we had nothing in the middle and nowt up front. Was surprised we didn't go 3 at the back so lofty could go into midfield. That change was what turned the game.
You beat me to it mate. I agree 100% with your thoughts.

Advert

What's happened to Loft? He was really poor for most of the game at Bradford and had a shocker again tonight.

Tonight felt like a huge defeat and the standard of the performance has me worried that the bubble may have burst.

JMW needs to realise it is a team game and cross the ball quicker into dangerous areas instead of showboating and shooting from acute angles.

Really disappointed tonight and just hope no investors witnessed that drivel.

Grewey did say it was an aireal battle; but I did not expect it to be the Vale who lumped the ball forward. I suggest that they study the video of the goals against Rotherham. We kept the ball on the ground in that game. Tonight, we never ptcked up the knockdowns. We were second best all over the pitch. Very, very poor. All three teams on the pitch came out of it with no credit.

We lost it in midfield tonight for me and the substitutions did'nt help...too much gap between midfield and forwards...Williamson for me is just not good enough and brought nothing to the table when he came on...i'd sooner have an ineffective Dodds on than him at least Doddsy can suddenly pop up with a spark of brilliance

but as everyone has said 20 points from 10 games is indeed promotion form and we just need to be able to grind out wins like the teams around us

hopefully the takeover should be complete at the end of the month and we can then maybe grab a few loan players to tide us over when the enevitable injuries and suspensions kick in

Micky Adams has a lot to answer for tonight.Non of his substitutions improved the team Burge was far superior to Morsy but he took Burge off. Williamson for Dodds is a joke. Why did he take Duffy off for Yates?.

After the first two changes we completely lost the midfield to a very, very poor outfit.

The change should have been Morsey off, Taylor on like Saturday and Loft in Midfield with Burge. With two wingers that aren't really wingers your midfield must be strong.

Tom Pope was top class again but Adams must remember 'Feed the Pope and he will score!'

Spot on old sage................

Apart from the weather, the crowd, the atmosphere, the ref, the liners, the similar strips, the performance, the substitutions and the disappointing result all is not too bad, we are still second and things must improve on that debacle...

We lacked that spark tonight, subs did nothing williamson aint good enough shucker for some reason went way to deep

we desparatly need to get this ownership issue sorted because i think we may need a player or two to sustain this challenge

the only good thing tonight was we bounced back quickly after conceding such a poor goal

Think we need to change the formation to 4 3 3 but that means either dropping dodds or Vincent hmm midfield for me would be loft burge and morsey

Dodds is a massive problem for me, he plays one great game in four but is then anonymous, I've still no idea where his best position is and neither does anyone else, far, far too inconsistent!

What's happened to Loft? He was really poor for most of the game at Bradford and had a shocker again tonight.

Tonight felt like a huge defeat and the standard of the performance has me worried that the bubble may have burst.

JMW needs to realise it is a team game and cross the ball quicker into dangerous areas instead of showboating and shooting from acute angles.

Really disappointed tonight and just hope no investors witnessed that drivel.

I think Loft is carrying an injury ,as he was limping at times tonight.He was not to his normal high standard and maybe Taylor should have come on in the second half and attempted some of his surging runs, as we were sadly lacking them tonight.

Shrews fans were right about Neal. He won us 3 points Saturday and kind of lost us points tonight. Won't hold it against him though. One error in 10 league games and 2 cup games isn't bad at all.

Tommo had lost us more than 2 points by this time last season. Also, I don't think neal can be blamed for us not getting 3 points tonight. We were very poor and were lucky to get one. If Daggers weren't the worst team I've seen at VP for a long time I can't think of one worse? They made us look very average though and if they had a striker with any sort of finishing ability we could have lost this game 4/5-1. Big improvements needed Micky. I was going to go to exeter but can't be bothered now.

Not an excuse against the result which to be honest thought we were lucky to get a point.

That ref was one of the worst I have ever seen.

First how the hell did he let the nUmber 7 stay on the pitch after the challenge on Neal, I was right behind the goal in the bycars and saw him go in with no chance of getting the ball with his studs showing going striaght towards the keepers head! How is that not a red card?

Some strange decisions when it came to corners that should have been, and free kicks missed.

i couldnt stop laughing at the daggers goalkeeper his distribution all match was total garbage and then pulls off 3 or 4 superb saves just couldnt work him out. lets not get to downhearted we have had a fantastic start to the season we are still 2nd, we will get games like this in league 2 we wont turn teams over every game. substitutions didnt pay off tonight i think adams brought shuker on to try and give a better service to the forwards but it didnt work he never got in the game. frustrated but move on to exeter who will come out and attack us so hopefully we will be given more space to get at them.

Archived