onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would we want bill bell back

I would love to see bill bell back and get the hero reception he deserves. You too would not attend he was hounded out of the vale on the back of miss managing the finances after arguably vales most successful and enjoyable years that he brought to the club. Give the man the credit he deserves now without him you would not if over 30 anything to remember. Time will tell in our history hopefully all I am saying is Oliver, bratt, Ryder even mr waterdreamerworld give bell the credit

How many times has mo choudhurry been at the vale this season

How many times Keith Ryder

Sing the name out loud of any b.... ...tter that promises you pie in the (blue) sky

There s only one mo choudery ( embarrassed)

Give it 5 years you will be talking skips not biscuit tins

I'm not aware that either Mr Chaudry or Mr Ryder ever claimed to be lifelong Vale fans but I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong.

As I pointed out above, Mr Jackson and Mr Meigh came into the away section at Morecambe and were perfectly safe so I see no reason why Mr Bell would not be able to attend games in perfect safety if he wanted to.

Sadly, Mr Bell, Mr Bratt and all these other folk who claimed to be Vale through and through simply no longer bother to support the club when they don't get their own way. The only ex directors I see at Vale regularly are Ian MacPherson, Dave Smith and Paul Humphreys.

Advert

Is anyone stopping him buying a ticket and attending?

I dont care if the new owner is a Vale fan/united fan/or a rugby fan [as in the funny shaped ball].... I want a business man/woman who is hungry [not for the pies, they seem to be in short supply].

As for a hero reception..... sorry not from me

I think that Bill Bell was the best thing to happen to Port Vale. We lost Sproson and Hazell through injury when we were doing well in the 3rd tier of English Football. Rudge went out and paid £200,000 for Dean Glover in1989 (how much would that equate to in today's money?)

There is no doubt that he was a difficult man to deal with and that he also made a lot of money from the club, but as pointed out he developed the ground and was Chairman during our most successful period since 1954.

Dean Glover was the start of a better class of player to wear a Vale shirt, we had promotions, wembley and trips into Europe. Unfortunately Bell became very bitter towards the end and I'm convinced to this day that he had the funds to stop us going into administration but chose the easy option.

He had his time as Chairman and I thank him for the memories but I would'nt want him back. He is a lot older now and the game has changed as a business and has moved on.

I think John Rudge was the best thing that ever happened to Port Vale. Bell sacked him and started the rot. End of story.

Have him back? You must be joking!!

I think John Rudge was the best thing that ever happened to Port Vale. Bell sacked him and started the rot. End of story.

Have him back? You must be joking!!

It was'nt Rudgies money in the 1st place although he did make the club a nice pile of cash with his wheeling/dealing. We were struggling at the time and that's why he got the sack. It's the old chicken/egg conundrum.

I would love to see bill bell back and get the hero reception he deserves. You too would not attend he was hounded out of the vale on the back of miss managing the finances after arguably vales most successful and enjoyable years that he brought to the club. Give the man the credit he deserves now without him you would not if over 30 anything to remember. Time will tell in our history hopefully all I am saying is Oliver, bratt, Ryder even mr waterdreamerworld give bell the credit

How many times has mo choudhurry been at the vale this season

How many times Keith Ryder

Sing the name out loud of any b.... ...tter that promises you pie in the (blue) sky

There s only one mo choudery ( embarrassed)

Give it 5 years you will be talking skips not biscuit tins

You seem a big Bell fan are you related to him in any way?

It was'nt Rudgies money in the 1st place although he did make the club a nice pile of cash with his wheeling/dealing. We were struggling at the time and that's why he got the sack. It's the old chicken/egg conundrum.

I wish we were struggling at the bottom of the Championship now.

Would we want Bill Bell back?

Hmmmm...............?

Bit like wanting pox back isn't it? Was good fun during the early part of the process, became increasingly uncomfortable and ultimately painful but after a fairly long period without it the mind starts focussing on the fun bit and diminishes the painful bit.

Personally, I'm glad to be scab & itch free and would like to stay that way.

"A loveable rogue who had the vale at heart"

Really? This is comedy half-hour stuff.

Originally a Vale fan yes, but Port Vale was simply the vehicle he used to make money for himself. £212,000 to his car company in one set of accounts for players' cars and the Club mini-buses - which Budget Car & Van rental quoted £70,000 for !!

And please remind me again, just how did his swimming pool get built and paid for?

Always seemed to keep himself just on the correct side of legality, but was often on the wrong side of ethics and morality.

Archived