onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Would we want bill bell back

Its never going to happen but was bill bell a hero or a villan considering the time now after his reign

For me as a businessman he built the hamil end buy buying Chester city's old stand for two bob and a conker had the vision to start the bycars very rarely stopped Jon rudge signing anyone and was at the helm for our greatest. A loveable rogue who had the vale at heart a man us old fans often forget what I for one would give to see him back at the helm

With the hamil end named the bell end in his honour

Thoughts........".......

Advert

Its never going to happen but was bill bell a hero or a villan considering the time now after his reign

For me as a businessman he built the hamil end buy buying Chester city's old stand for two bob and a conker had the vision to start the bycars very rarely stopped Jon rudge signing anyone and was at the helm for our greatest. A loveable rogue who had the vale at heart a man us old fans often forget what I for one would give to see him back at the helm

With the hamil end named the bell end in his honour

Thoughts........".......

He was certainly a rogue but I didn't find him at all loveable.

I remember the gossip after the arsenal game also remember we ran out of change like we ran out of beer last week. My grandad used to say get a ruler a pencil and a map and draw a line to your nearest club buy a cap and a scarf and support them till the day you die. Unfortunately I lived in Hanford so with a little slip thus avoiding sjoke city 40 years have now passed and I still look forward to walking no matter what through the gates of my beloved vale. I just wonder how we will veiw the past owner chairman in the future. He had the vale at heart we are all quick to believe biscuit tins etc etc but we also fall hook line and sinker for " I have always supported Manchester united but my second team has forever been port vale " signed mr a assestripper from Kent. I support Chelsea but want the club for my son he is mad about the vale and always wears your orange and green shirt signed mr t akeyoufor everything from Brighton

Mr bell had a big car but there was always a black and white scarf in the glove box lets see in 5 years if you would like to swap a few roumered foxes creme boxes for a Jacobs club vale.

Well it may not have been a scarf but if my memory serves me right it was his usual blazer and PVC tie. Our next man will have a black and white scarf he will whip off his Velcro seamed trousers to reveal his Manchester united pants to reveal his true stripper identity asset of course

You haven't answered my question. When was Mr Bell last at a Vale game??

I would love to see bill bell back and get the hero reception he deserves. You too would not attend he was hounded out of the vale on the back of miss managing the finances after arguably vales most successful and enjoyable years that he brought to the club. Give the man the credit he deserves now without him you would not if over 30 anything to remember. Time will tell in our history hopefully all I am saying is Oliver, bratt, Ryder even mr waterdreamerworld give bell the credit

How many times has mo choudhurry been at the vale this season

How many times Keith Ryder

Sing the name out loud of any b.... ...tter that promises you pie in the (blue) sky

There s only one mo choudery ( embarrassed)

Give it 5 years you will be talking skips not biscuit tins

I think that Bill Bell was the best thing to happen to Port Vale. We lost Sproson and Hazell through injury when we were doing well in the 3rd tier of English Football. Rudge went out and paid £200,000 for Dean Glover in1989 (how much would that equate to in today's money?)

There is no doubt that he was a difficult man to deal with and that he also made a lot of money from the club, but as pointed out he developed the ground and was Chairman during our most successful period since 1954.

Dean Glover was the start of a better class of player to wear a Vale shirt, we had promotions, wembley and trips into Europe. Unfortunately Bell became very bitter towards the end and I'm convinced to this day that he had the funds to stop us going into administration but chose the easy option.

He had his time as Chairman and I thank him for the memories but I would'nt want him back. He is a lot older now and the game has changed as a business and has moved on.

Archived