onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Torquay; pre game/game/post match comments

davehartshill

Advert

The luck will even out. Just keep the confidence up. We could do with a goal poacher, but who couldn't? There are goals in this team. A 1-1 draw against a team that will probably be up there at the end of the season is decent. Stick Tranmere out of the Paint Pot and a point or three against the Millers and that is a very decent start. Attendance rubbish again. Let's face it, not many people give a **** about Port Vale. They are too busy playing cricket, indulging their kids, going down to B+Q, on holiday, grumbling about the cost, fill in your own excuse here. Maybe we get what we deserve?

How we never won that game I'll never know. It just wasn't dropping for us all game. Jennison again failed to deliver today an has to switch wings with Vincent for me.

Duffy looked good and put 4/5 great crosses in which nobody attacked!

Yes I agree, his final decision is often the wrong one. He needs to be more positive beat his man (just the once will do) and whip the ball across the goal hard and low.

He was 11 you tool!

Give the lad a break.

He was far more articulate than you are!

Oh I doubt that.

11 year olds shouldn't be calling into radio stations.

Vincent is a briliant outlet along with JMW they get the ball and run it takes the pressure off us and everytime we go forward we look like we are going to score. Vincent scores one the confidence will come so will the goals.

Morsy is smashing an absolute gem today. Dodds and Pope ran their balls off. Big Mac and Boom look solid.

Torquay threw themselves at everything and that kept them in it.

Overall, if we perform like that every week we won't be far off. Unlike one or two others I thought Vincent had a half decent game.

For me the difference today was letting ourselves get short handed on a breakaway for their goal and not capitalizing on some decent balls into the box. I think Tom needs to be hypnotized so he expects to score and attacks those headers with confidence - should have had a couple today, in fairness.

Great game, absolutely battered them today. We need someone with a strikers instinct up front though, pope played very well today won everything... Playing Dodds up there with him is not working for me, hes not anticipating the nod on.

I couldn't single a player out for being poor today, luck and being more clinical we'd have had 5 goals today!

Can't wait for the next game!

I spoke to Old Sage after the game...We deserved to win BUT fair play Torquay held us, very similar to Morecambe last week. But i must agree with OS it would be nice if Williams and Vincent occasionally switched......I was very disapointed when a Vale fan on P&G classed Pope as a Blue Star player....Popey worked his ******** off AGAIN.........I do agree we need an out and out goal scorer.......But personally i really enjoyed today's game.

what a game we could have had a hat full, every player put in a performance today, upto now we have had 4 good performances a bit of luck and we could have had 4 wins. was it over the line from the half way line in the paddock it looked way over??

We were in the Bycars right behind the goal and their keeper seemed to be a good way back into his goal and appeared to push the ball up against the back of his near post which suggests it was over the line. However, it happened so quickly at the wrong angle for me to say yes or no. The linesman should have had a perfect view but didn't seem like he was in the correct position and was caught behind play. The officials were very, very poor today especially the referee, who seem to spend a lot of the game trotting around trying to look good instead of watching the game and enforcing basic rules.

Archived