onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Torquay; pre game/game/post match comments

davehartshill

Advert

For the past number of years, any team coming to Vale Park that played with genuine wingers had an advantage because of the size of our pitch. However, we now have two decent, exciting wingers of our own, finally. Torquay are a decent side and will more than likely be up there come the end of the season, but were not a bad side ourselves and the win against Morecambe away won't mean quite as much should we not follow it up with a positive result at home.

I'd happily take 4 points from the next 6 available but there's no reason at all why we shouldn't be aiming for 6.

Torquay will beat us, their well organised and hungry cant see how we can compete.

Are you for real? We look pretty organised to me, and hungry as we should of had 9 points instead of 6 but were just unlucky against accrington. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. IMO we are just as good as torquay, its just a few teams like rotherham and bradford who I think may have just that bit more quality than us. How you are certain they will beat us is beyond me...

If Pope gets 2 i'll come the next home match wearing a dress, never happen.

you can wear a dress ,skirt and blouse or top hat gym kit and spurs if you want but if the pope scores 2 we'll hold you to it . but to the imporant stuff,i'll be there on saturday .

For the past number of years, any team coming to Vale Park that played with genuine wingers had an advantage because of the size of our pitch. However, we now have two decent, exciting wingers of our own, finally. Torquay are a decent side and will more than likely be up there come the end of the season, but were not a bad side ourselves and the win against Morecambe away won't mean quite as much should we not follow it up with a positive result at home.

I'd happily take 4 points from the next 6 available but there's no reason at all why we shouldn't be aiming for 6.

I am fairly sure I read that all pitches in the Premier thing must be the same size now, and I'd guess this will eventually apply to the next divisions in time. So perhaps we should take advantage while we can.

This is a good game for Vale to show they have the strength to challenge, and points are needed as September is an incredibly hard set of fixtures with nearly all our opponents likely to be top half teams, if not top seven.

Archived