onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Torquay; pre game/game/post match comments

davehartshill

Spot on - thats all thats missing imho - it was the most one sided 1 1 draw I have seen for a long while. The team works hard and its frustrating they cant find the net to capitalise on some decent approach play.

Hopefully Bob and his merry men can actually do there Job and find a buyer who has some wonga to spend - prior to the next window , not the end of this season -- get your finger out BY and do the job your company are getting well paid for.:doh:

We could still bring in a proven striker out of the transfer window, either on loan or on loan with a view to signing them in January.

Advert

The thing is for me is that we rarely follow in on a keeper like Naylor and Foyle used to do,if Vincent had just followed the ball he would of had a tap in instead of having to make up the ground to give the keeper time to make a good save.

Naylor and Foyle were both tricky,instinctive strikers who both attacked the ball in the box.We don't seem to have a player to do that.Much of Popey's hard work takes place outside the penalty area and we have no-one who can anticipate his knock-ons.

Id say Rotherham will bring 7-800 at least next week after their start to the season and a feel good factor at the club, Will be our hardest game of the season but we are playing well so bring it on.

Almost wish the Tranmere game wasnt sandwiched in between though, Can see Micky resting one or two (Shuker, Duffy probably).

My first game of the season yesterday, and was very impressed with the shape, commitment and creativity of the side. Here's my thoughts on individuals.

Neal 7: Looked solid, not much to do, decent kicking.

Duffy 7: Looked very slow but solid in the tackle. Decent delivery for the most part.

McDonald 5: Slow cumbersome and regularly turned and caught out of position by their centre forward. Looks comfortable on the ball though.

McCombe 7: Steady performance, bailed out McDonald a lot, distribution awful.

Loft 9: Had a good winger in his pocket all match and dangerous coming forward.

Myrie Williams 7: Very good first half but faded in the second. Dangerous attacking player and makes himself available for the ball.

Morsy 8: Excellent first half but faded a bit later on. Much improved and promising prospect

Shuker 8: Sensible use of the ball and put a good shift in.

Vincent 6: Awful in the first half. Seems slow of thought and can't read a pass. Improved in the second half and put a few good crosses in. Should of scored when the keeper dropped the ball on the goal-line incident.

Dodds 9: Excellent, intelligent, difficult to pick up playing 'in the hole', his best position.

Pope 8: Put a great shift in, won most of his headers and linked play well. Created a few half chances for himself and unlucky not to score.

Overall, we were desperately unlucky not to win, it was just one of those days. Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll be in the top half with a shout of the play offs.

Oliver on Radio Stoke sounds like a right ****. Vincent rubbish?? He's not he just needs a goal to get his confidence back.

Adams doesn't sound too happy..

Vincent is yet to play well for us and i'd imagine is the player most likely to get dropped. Poor awareness, poor finishing, doesn't beat his man, consistently gives the ball away.

Vincent is yet to play well for us and i'd imagine is the player most likely to get dropped. Poor awareness' date=' poor finishing, doesn't beat his man, consistently gives the ball away.[/quote']

I love how impatient Vale fans can be, How about getting behind him and giving him chance to settle into the team?

For the record, I saw enough in Vincent to think that he has quite a bit to offer the team. He certainly looks a better player chasing after through balls and cutting inside in an inside left sort of position. It's just that he doesn't seem very 'football intelligent' in terms of reading the game.

That said, as the season rolls out, it might be that he plays in a central position, on the shoulder of central defenders, picking up on Pope's flick on's. That might allow Rob Taylor a run out on the left wing. I could see that working, but for now I wouldn't want to move Dodds out of the 'in the hole' position.

It's early days yet, and we've had a decent start, so no panic stations, or wholesale changes of the team and formation. It's nice to think we've got a couple of options for a change.

Great game yesterday.

Vale fully deserved the win, but only have ourselves to blame for failing to score.

Surprised Dodds got MOTM when he was quiet.

JMW had a great first half and an average second half, if he picks out the simple pass more often, he will be a huge asset.

RT was very good when he came on, and CM had a good game.

I managed to get a photo of a certain ex chairman leaving Burslem post game.

Archived