onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

pope 2 richards 0

JAMO-IN-MEXICO

Advert

Wasn't Marc a slow starter at the Vale?

He was a loyal (was going to put servant but they all get too much to be called that) - he deserves, and I hope will get, a great reception when he comes to the Vale.

He was a slow starter Dave,in his first season for Vale in League One,Rico scored just 5 goals in 32 appearances in 2007-08.

He was a loyal (was going to put servant but they all get too much to be called that) - he deserves, and I hope will get, a great reception when he comes to the Vale.

I doubt he will. I imagine a section of our fans will give him loads of grief.

I doubt he will. I imagine a section of our fans will give him loads of grief.

Do any of our ex-players get a good reception when they return to Vale Park?

I can only recall the brilliant Gareth Ainsworth receiving any kind of respect when he returned with Wycombe.

I can only recall the brilliant Gareth Ainsworth receiving any kind of respect when he returned with Wycombe.

Exactly. I don't think Richards deserves a good reception tbh. Wind him up and show him what a bad mistake he made.

Sodje received an excellent reception when he returned with Sheffield Wednesday a few years ago.

Sorry but he won't get a great reception from me, neither will i abuse him. He's an opponent now, so i won't give him the slightest bit of encouragement.

When i heard Micky Adams say he was "surprised he left", it made me think? There couldn't of been that much of a difference between our improved contract offer & what Chesterfield actually offered him? I could be wrong of course, but that's how i read Adams statement on the issue. Not only that, but it was a league 2 rival as well. He did well for us, but i won't applaud him.

I think you should get richards stats up and find out how many goals of his were actually from the spot or from free kicks.

That's what I was asking in an earlier post, how many of Richards 60 goals came from "open play."

SV1876 quoted Charlton etc and their goals for England but by throwing Greaves into the mix I think it showed that "facts & figures" don't show for example, a players performance during a game or over a season.

If your striker is taking free kicks/penalties then he SHOULD always end the season as top scorer (unless of course he's rubbish at dead ball situations) If we knew how many of Rico's goals came from open play then I think we'll see just how prolific he actually was.

Archived