onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

pope 2 richards 0

JAMO-IN-MEXICO

I'll bet anyone on here Richards scores more this season than golden balls Pope. I like Popes work rate but he's a poor footballer, Richards has class and composure, anyone who reckons Pope is a better player is a moron but we have to play the hand we got.
Anyone who tries to compare Popey and Rico is also a moron. Popey is a targetman and Rico isn't. Pope needs the ball to his head while it must be played to Richards feet. Both do their jobs well but don't try and compare them. Chalk & Cheese.

Advert

I'll bet anyone on here Richards scores more this season than golden balls Pope. I like Popes work rate but he's a poor footballer, Richards has class and composure, anyone who reckons Pope is a better player is a moron but we have to play the hand we got.

He is a better TEAM player by far

No one on here has even said that pope is better than Richards, Richards is better than pope but pope give 100 percent where as Richards was lazy sometimes and only scored as many as he did last season cause of pope and set pieces.

Spot on mate

I think that playing two men wide on the touchline is going to really stretch League 2 back lines.

After all those years with no wide men and no pace (Taylor apart) its great to see Jennison and Ashley turning the burners on.

Vincent will get goals as soon as we realise that he needs the ball played inside the full back as he can destroy them with his pace.

For me I can see Pope, Dodds 10 plus apiece and Vincent and Myrie-Williams all getting at least 8 goals each this season. and with 5 goal scorers already I can see us beating last seasons total.

When Rico left people were upset. I know I was.my OP was sayin maybe things ain't so bad. Anyone who doesn't understand what I was trying to say should have paid more attention in school. Fortunately most people in this thread took it for just the simple happy statement that it was.cheer up. You know who you are.

Richards for me or is it just me I think marc Richards was quite overrated personally?

Whether you think he is overated or not, he was a proven 20 goal a season striker. Just like Constantine, Beckford, Foyle, Naylor etc all who got slated at times by some fans. Goals win games, Richards scores them.

Let's not forgot Ratherham saw something in popey to warrant paying a £170k for him.... What's Richards gone for!

A positive pro Vale thread at last...

Didn't Cheltenham bid £100k for Rico?

Rico is better than Pope, 60ish goals in 3 seasons, has tom ever done that? Is he likely to ever achieve that? Obviously I am glad that Pope is scoring but we shall see at the end of the season who has scored the most.

I remember similiar stories last year saying we'd let the wrong Richards go, we'll see.

Rico is without doubt a far better footballer than Pope. I would have loved him to stay. However, maybe, we'll become a better all round team without Rico?

Archived