onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FAO Bob Young

ValeMadrid87

Threads like this certainly don't help our cause to get 5000 fans.those that can't afford £20 now will probably never get to see vale again as prices will increase In years to come.i suspect though many of these people just aren't prepared to make the £1.50 sacrifice a day required for them to be able to attend' date=' and are trying to justify this by getting others who don't attend to agree with them.these are the same people that said they would start going again once Bratt and co left.something doesn't add up though.maybe they just don't want to go to the match enough and think that moaning on onevalefan constitutes being a port vale fan.it doesn't[/quote']

I dont believe S E O is in existence anymore but i do believe there are many many fans not attending today

compared to two seasons ago.

There are many many reasons why, the result being we are realistically 500 minimum fans down on attendances.

Personally for me i see the main reason being :

Anyone not purchasing a season ticket will see the match day price as ' poor value for money '

A season ticket represents value for each and every game to a vale fan. Even when it is rubbish on the pitch.

Pay £20 for rubbish and it is difficult to go back again.

Even if we were successful week in week out £20 would then prove too costly

Dont forget we have just had two seasons where there has been a big trend away from purchasing a season ticket.

Again for reasons that are completely justified by each individual but the result is as i state above.

I cannot see 6000 + gates again this season at the Vale. The way the season has started the only obvious gate

of 6000 would have been Oxford - now switched to Mon p.m. for SKY coverage.

We have also had two seasons where the promotional aspect of season ticket sales has disappeared completely.

Unless this re-appears next season ? we will again struggle as i cannot see the match day price ever dropping.

Promote NOW for next season. Aug to May 10 months @ £25 @month

Does this still exist ? I never hear of it from anyone.

SEASON TICKET SALES ARE THE ONLY ANSWER

Advert

Posted this on another thread earlier but it perhaps belongs on here. Apologies in advance if this upsets people, but these are my thoughts;

This isn't a dig at anyone but I don't buy the '£20 to watch fourth division football' as a reasonable reason not to attend VP. If people cant afford to pay £20, they just can't afford to pay £20 and that's fair enough. They wouldn't all of a sudden be able to find the cash if we were in the Championship. Ive heard figures of around £18 and £19 banded around before as a reasonable fee to pay to get in. Thats only a couple of quid different to whats being asked now (might buy you a coffee). I suggest paying to come, but bring a flask! Lets face it, the difference between what's 'deemed' a reasonable price and what's being charged is negligible when you split it over every other week when Vale are at home. The other option is a season ticket which takes the price down to around £11 a match. For kids under 9 entrance is FREE. I have a season ticket and take two kids. Divide the £11 by three and that represents real value for a family afternoon out. Tell me anything else that's a paid for event that will keep the family entertained for an afternoon for less in this day and age?!?! My Mrs also comes with us sometimes and she pays on the gate.

Please don't use the £20 for fourth division football as an excuse not to come. For those who can't afford, fair play. For the others, come down to VP and support your team. You never know, with the increased revenue we might even find ourselves playing at a higher level and then you be paying around £20 for third division football......

I have a seaon ticket but i must admit i dont think the pay on the gate is attractive to the casual attender at £20. If you start at say £40 ish for a premier league game should 3 leagues lower be £20 ? Appreciate also that its a balance of if its cheaper we need more fans just to stand still. But

I have a seaon ticket but i must admit i dont think the pay on the gate is attractive to the casual attender at £20. If you start at say £40 ish for a premier league game should 3 leagues lower be £20 ? Appreciate also that its a balance of if its cheaper we need more fans just to stand still. But

If the product is good then people will pay £20 and I happen to think that we are playing pretty good at the moment. This thread was about information from BY - sorry Bob but we do need some input from you. Something like ; what is the number of players we can sign on a 1 season contract, can we sign players on loan; is there a fallback position if our goalkeeper should get injured and most importantly is anyone really showing an interest in buying our wonderful, beloved club? Over to you Bob

How long did it take you to do that survey.Can you show all the results of the survey including the amount of people you did survey and what percentage have returned,stayed away?

not long. I'd put a lot of money that 95% of the people saying they cant afford matchday prices now, also all refused to go when Bratt and co were in (and this was their sole reason at the time). These 'fans' will never attend Vale unless we get to the last 4 matches of the season with a chance of play-offs or we draw a plum FA cup tie. If they can find the money then, but not now then it is simple, they are not proper Port Vale fans.

My brother is a person that follows Vale and only goes to these types of matches. He fully admits he's not a true fan though and will never try to make out he is. He is a flimsy follower that we attract when we get +6000 fans. Too many of these flimsy followers have posted on this thread though. You know who you are

either or Smoke 4 less fags a day, drink half a pint less in the pub each day, cancel your monday night football with sky, and you will find the money to attend vale once every 2 weeks.

not long. I'd put a lot of money that 95% of the people saying they cant afford matchday prices now, also all refused to go when Bratt and co were in (and this was their sole reason at the time). These 'fans' will never attend Vale unless we get to the last 4 matches of the season with a chance of play-offs or we draw a plum FA cup tie. If they can find the money then, but not now then it is simple, they are not proper Port Vale fans.

My brother is a person that follows Vale and only goes to these types of matches. He fully admits he's not a true fan though and will never try to make out he is. He is a flimsy follower that we attract when we get +6000 fans. Too many of these flimsy followers have posted on this thread though. You know who you are

either or Smoke 4 less fags a day, drink half a pint less in the pub each day, cancel your monday night football with sky, and you will find the money to attend vale once every 2 weeks.

You forgot to post the results of your survey.

great idea. lets build a new stadium. That is bound to attract more people for the first game of its existence

Think you would find an increase in season ticket sales,any how just idle chat nothing to get your knickers in a twist about.

What about the people that don't smoke, drink or have sky & still can't afford to go? Should these people start eating less, start giving their kids less pocket money? How about getting rid of the pets, they must cost a bit, would that do for you? Maybe in your eyes they'll be seen as proper fans then?

Most people will only follow a football club if they think they're getting value for money. Attendances will always fluctuate depending on how good/bad that team is doing at that time, this is the nature of the beast i'm afraid, no matter if that's the Vale or not.

You are, in my opinion, a massive wind up merchant or someone who simply has no idea how some of your fellow beings live!!

£20 could buy for example

1 basic loaf a day

1 milk per day

2 bags of potatoes per week

1 dozen eggs per week

1 cabbage

6 oranges

12 sausages

Now that's not a lot of food so someone with children might need to treble that! I suggest that you stop being so bliddy rude to people who are not as fortunate as you seem be!

so if you work on some matchdays, struggle to pay the bills, put food on the table, and have to choose your lesuire activities with what little money you have left carefully so to include all the family means that you cannot attend every game that makes you a flimsy supporter

one day some people will wake up in the real world

How is it other teams in this division can charge matchday prices less than us, operate in profit, finish higher than us on much smaller average attendances and some get promition?

Spot on - it dosent matter how much people argue the toss on here about loyal fans , moaners etc . The harsh reality is we wont acheive 5000 average gates this season imho whatever goes on with results on the pitch.

BY and his merry men are dreamers - I still cant beleive whoever appointed them again to administer Vale aint been sacked. We need to get the ownership sorted by someone who knows what they are doing and dosent make decisions about the Clubs future based on snapshots of someones bank account.

Archived