onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FAO Bob Young

ValeMadrid87

The "legacy" is in your headm you wanted admin or else what was the point of Starve 'em Out? Did admin come as a surprise? Try looking forward not back. Also stop taking my comments as an individual response to you because they weren't, they're mainly a reply to the general feel of the thread. I'm not on a witch hunt for who attends and who doesn't I just feel people need to stop their silly gripes with everything Port Vale that are clouding the seriousness of the situation; if we don't get behind the club by attending home games in numbers there won't be a Port Vale. There's way too much moaning. Why the constant reference to how Accrington manage with 1500 fans and we should be the same? I imagine, given the size of their ground it costs half as much to host a home game. Bob Young has said if we can't get 5000 he'll look to shut a stand, thus lowering match day costs, perfect.

Advert

I don't usually hold grudges but V2001/the old board made supporting Vale largely a chore for the last 8 years. They ripped the heart out of PVFC and at times made me feel like I didn't have a club to support anymore. And they finished by running the club into admin due to their selfish mismanagement!

It will take time for me to forgive and forget that personally!

The "legacy" is in your headm you wanted admin or else what was the point of Starve 'em Out? Did admin come as a surprise? Try looking forward not back. Also stop taking my comments as an individual response to you because they weren't' date=' they're mainly a reply to the general feel of the thread. I'm not on a witch hunt for who attends and who doesn't I just feel people need to stop their silly gripes with everything Port Vale that are clouding the seriousness of the situation; if we don't get behind the club by attending home games in numbers there won't be a Port Vale. There's way too much moaning. Why the constant reference to how Accrington manage with 1500 fans and we should be the same? I imagine, given the size of their ground it costs half as much to host a home game. Bob Young has said if we can't get 5000 he'll look to shut a stand, thus lowering match day costs, perfect.[/quote']

I don't think the aim of Starve 'em out was to the put the club in admin, it was to make the previous board see that their actions(rejecting any approach of investment/a takeover) were wrong and to listen to the fans and change their attitudes. It didn't and they carried on their sweet way. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, unfortunately V2001 did! over and over again!

The "legacy" is in your headm you wanted admin or else what was the point of Starve 'em Out? Did admin come as a surprise?

I never wanted admin, I personally campaigned for change as it was obvious to me that the legacy of paying bills via further borrowings would lead to admin, some fans with their heads buried in the sand could not see this very simple economic reality.

SeO was a very visual and useful customer survey, V2001 chose to ignore this as well as the simple economics of the situation.

Its strange that you mention SeO, no one else has bought it up, maybe you another banned wally under a new username, silly boy.

Try looking forward not back

If I spent my time looking back and not taking the positives out of my life I would either be very bitter or dead, im neither, thank god

I just feel people need to stop their silly gripes with everything Port Vale that are clouding the seriousness of the situation;

Yet you bring up SeO................pot, kettle black

if we don't get behind the club by attending home games in numbers there won't be a Port Vale. There's way too much moaning. Why the constant reference to how Accrington manage with 1500 fans and we should be the same? I imagine, given the size of their ground it costs half as much to host a home game. Bob Young has said if we can't get 5000 he'll look to shut a stand, perfect.

I am behind the club, Id imagine im spending more there this season than you.

What are Accringtons costs compared to ours then ?

Ive said many times we should look at closing a stand, makes perfect sense to me.

I think at Vale our stewarding is geared more towards capacity than it is the attendance, hence having all stands open. There's so many stewards, and then there's those on Hamil Road car park because the "Paddock boys" go shouting at the away fans. I've said before we should close a stand but I was ridiculed saying we should look to fill the seats not shut the seats.

Mentioning SEO is the same as mentioning V2001, it really doesn't need to be said. As you said "if you spent your time looking bac...", well V2001 is looking bacj. If we did all just look forward there'd be no infighting, no "V2001 legacy" and hopefully, people would get back to VP and we could help keep this club afloat.

I'm sorry for those this doesn't apply to, those who it does, you know who you are.

Maybe it's about time that you named the people who you are directing your comments at.You know the very ones tHat you KNOW FOR FACT are still staying away without a valid reason,or a reason that you see as valid.

I don't think the aim of Starve 'em out was to the put the club in admin, it was to make the previous board see that their actions(rejecting any approach of investment/a takeover) were wrong and to listen to the fans and change their attitudes. It didn't and they carried on their sweet way. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, unfortunately V2001 did! over and over again!

This has been explained many times but some do not want to hear it.Sometimes there is no point knocking.

"SeO was a very visual and useful customer survey..."That is very well put.

V2001 ignored the fans and shareholders...but fans can't ignore the V2001 legacy which is administration.

Agreed and as with most surveys it was only a sample, quite a large number did not take part based on the return to Vale Park.

Archived