onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Read this - SC website article

Santa

There are many fans who acknowledge the job that members of the SC are doing but there are not as many sheep as you think.

There are many who are willing to criticise, but are unwilling to put there own heads on the chopping block when it comes down to taking on those responsibilities.

Advert

Gary - an excellent article! I suppose that I like many other members of the SC haven't bothered to thank those working tirelessly behind the scenes for all their time and effort. Yet another example of poor communication this time by me!

It is easy to sit at home, read articles on here and pass the odd comment but it is totally different for guys like you. A sincere thanks!

Imo this whole affair as been a complete farse and we have all been fooled by yet another bunch of incompetent baffoons (edited by admin) Then guess what? Then the SC members think they're doing a great job and the sheep follow.

The scraps they are being fed are always too late, what where they doing during the long periods of silence because imo the brown stuff is getting uncomfortabley close to the fan.

Also imo the meeting will be a complete waste of time as they have all been (and I've been to them all) but as I've said its just my opinion that's all.

I despair, I really do !!!! :doh: baa baa baa

It says we're being accused of not telling all we know and I then go on to confirm that is the case and explain why. I have not denied we are not telling all, I also made it clear that we had no intention of breaking the trust we had built up with various parties or organisations

I would also add that if we believed something to not be in the interests of PVFC I don't think we'd hesitate at saying - sorry but we're not willing to keep that confidential

Thanks for the updates Gaz. With regard to the above highlighted paragraph, if you, the Supporters Club, knew that the KR deal was dead would you consider that this should be information you should share? Not having a go hear by the way. Just a genuine question that I feel would put a few minds at rest.

I'd also like to thank the Supporters Club and Gary Benson for this update. I think it's very clear and honest and I appreciate this and other updates the SC have given us.

I have the utmost respect for their hard work and I know that as Vale fans they will do what's best for the club. I cannot see how anyone can possibly think anything other than that.

I may have disagreed with Gary on the issue of criticising the administrators recently (it would be a boring world if everyone agreed about everything), but it's fair enough to say (and that point was made by Gary at the time, so point taken) that these sort of things are really unimportant when it comes to the future of the club.

I hope that the SC meeting can be a positive and useful event tonight and that it's not used as a forum to allocate blame/criticism. Although I firmly believe you need to look at what went wrong in order to get it right, Monday night is not the night for that sort of examination as it (rightly) should be about how we get ourselves out of the current mess.

The SC meeting will be publicised on the front of OVF from lunchtime so that all fans are aware of it and editorially this site will continue to back the SC.

I think the SC does a good job in very difficult circumstances, always with PVFC at the heart of its decision making

Careful with the following though:

"I would also add that if we believed something to not be in the interests of PVFC I don't think we'd hesitate at saying - sorry but we're not willing to keep that confidential"

Contradicts what SC said about the various bids, that you did and would back the chosen bid regardless when this suggests that if the bid was was not in the opinion of the SC in the interest of PVFC you'd have said so

Just need to be careful with such all encompassing statements

Good luck though, thanks for your efforts and keep up the fight

Guest Gary B
Thanks for the updates Gaz. With regard to the above highlighted paragraph, if you, the Supporters Club, knew that the KR deal was dead would you consider that this should be information you should share? Not having a go hear by the way. Just a genuine question that I feel would put a few minds at rest.

Of course they should

As I have said, it's all very bizarre that Keith Ryder should have paid £60k last Wednesday

We have briefly spoken to Bob this morning, they have had a very difficult weekend and tonight he will be looking for a united fan base willing to give Not him but Port Vale Football Club their full backing

It really is make or break time and I think everything I said in yesterday's piece will sum up tonight's message

It really is now or never if you want to be a Vale fan!

Guest Gary B
I think the SC does a good job in very difficult circumstances, always with PVFC at the heart of its decision making

Careful with the following though:

"I would also add that if we believed something to not be in the interests of PVFC I don't think we'd hesitate at saying - sorry but we're not willing to keep that confidential"

Contradicts what SC said about the various bids, that you did and would back the chosen bid regardless when this suggests that if the bid was was not in the opinion of the SC in the interest of PVFC you'd have said so

Just need to be careful with such all encompassing statements

Good luck though, thanks for your efforts and keep up the fight

Going in to any new deal with a new preferred bidder you have to start with a clean slate if they have no Vale history and from that point we would strike up a fresh relationship, if we started to see worrying signs then it'd be our duty to highlight them

We can't and never will report or base things on rumour so for those who will say they always had concerns about Mr Ryder I'd ask what was the evidence you base those concerns on?

Until we had the evidence we were unable to do anything regarding Deakin and Miller even if we ALL had our doubts.

Archived