onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A possible moral outrage

mr burslem

Advert

And right now taking pot shots does absolutely nothing to help Port Vale because you're still attacking the only people in a position to save us.

Now is not the time. The SC has many differences with Bob over certain things, we see things differently than the club on certain matters too but we realise none of that helps our club right now so we will be doing everything we can to help all at the club and the administrators to try and sort this mess out rather than just criticising from a distance.

We are going to be asking for volunteers, we may well be asking for more donations and long term volunteers too or we could seriously be facing a life without Vale if the money runs out and the administrators feel unable to commit to completing the fixture list.

Now really is not the time to be criticising but the time to once again unite

If they believe they can see out the fixture list then that means they will be doing their damndest for Port Vale and not a reason to again criticise, ask for ST money back etc etc

I really don't think some people have a clue just how serious this could be

Im willing to donate more to SC.

The administrator is a professional and subject to the code of conduct relating to his profession. He made representations to us about the use to which the season ticket money would be put - i.e. hypothecated fund for the new owner to use to run the club post takeover. What I am not clear about is how the club can start the season without that owner. I'm not sure it was intended, or indeed the administrator intended, that he would be in charge going forward if no purchaser was in place. Clearly, he doesn't have the funds to do this irrespective of the season ticket money held. Therefore something needs to change before the money available to the administrator expires as I don't believe he has the authority to use the season ticket money himself on the basis of the representations he made to us. Of course that means we don't have the right to attend games that may not take place and I don't have possssion of my tickets yet anyway. In other words big bang is less than two weeks away unless something significant changes. I would expect to get the money repaid to me if that happens.

The administrator is a professional and subject to the code of conduct relating to his profession. He made representations to us about the use to which the season ticket money would be put - i.e. hypothecated fund for the new owner to use to run the club post takeover. What I am not clear about is how the club can start the season without that owner. I'm not sure it was intended, or indeed the administrator intended, that he would be in charge going forward if no purchaser was in place. Clearly, he doesn't have the funds to do this irrespective of the season ticket money held. Therefore something needs to change before the money available to the administrator expires as I don't believe he has the authority to use the season ticket money himself on the basis of the representations he made to us. Of course that means we don't have the right to attend games that may not take place and I don't have possssion of my tickets yet anyway. In other words big bang is less than two weeks away unless something significant changes. I would expect to get the money repaid to me if that happens.

Thanks for this, Warren.

I see we av found something else to moan about,LOOK ...KR/BY or even the NATWEST boss could do a runner with ST money,av been saying for 2 days that ST will be sent out Monday so I now assume who ever is running the club or as access to the PVFC cash card could nick our/mine/your money .... JEZZ ...

warren i'm concerned that a couple of chancers could scrape enough mony together to buy the club with backing just to get their hands on all that loot stashed away plus interest, divi it up borrow against the assets bump along for a few months then put the club back into admin again and walk away laughing.a very simplistic view i know but feasable nevertheless.

I think that perhaps we should be very careful when making veiled inferrences as to what has or will happen to the ST money.

I'm as frustrated as anyone else re the position we find our Club in perhaps we need to have just a little more patience and see what happens this week?

I have to admit that I don't like the idea that if we critisise BY then he might decide to close us down. Why would he do that. Surely he's man enough to accept criticism? There is a huge difference though in criticising his decisions etc and out and out libel so let's just be careful. :yes:

And right now taking pot shots does absolutely nothing to help Port Vale because you're still attacking the only people in a position to save us.

Now is not the time. The SC has many differences with Bob over certain things, we see things differently than the club on certain matters too but we realise none of that helps our club right now so we will be doing everything we can to help all at the club and the administrators to try and sort this mess out rather than just criticising from a distance.

We are going to be asking for volunteers, we may well be asking for more donations and long term volunteers too or we could seriously be facing a life without Vale if the money runs out and the administrators feel unable to commit to completing the fixture list.

Now really is not the time to be criticising but the time to once again unite

If they believe they can see out the fixture list then that means they will be doing their damndest for Port Vale and not a reason to again criticise, ask for ST money back etc etc

I really don't think some people have a clue just how serious this could be

Good post Gary,fully agree with that.

I have to admit that I don't like the idea that if we critisise BY then he might decide to close us down. Why would he do that. Surely he's man enough to accept criticism? There is a huge difference though in criticising his decisions etc and out and out libel so let's just be careful. :yes:

You're right, Caz, and it's not BY, nor any other specific person, whom I, personally, am concerned about.

It is, as I hope I said, the immorality of a SITUATION in which 3,000 people wouldn't get what they had, in good faith, paid for: 23 games of football, advertised as a per-game bargain. I don't think most people are 'inferring' what would happen to the ST funds: they're wondering, and they're worrying, so I'm very grateful (as I often am) to Warren, for his explanations of the legal position.

Guest Gary B

I'd just add that if Ryder does not come good, if the other parties are not interested and IF Bob Young thinks he can complete the fixture list and doesn't and we don't get to see all 23 games I guarantee that will be the least of our worries because there will be no Port Vale to watch anyway.

People are working extremely hard right now to see if PVFC is viable should Ryder and Plan B fall flat and those people - everyone at Port Vale and Begbies Traynor need our support.

To nick a phrase from Tone - I really do despair if people can not see how serious this situation could rapidly descend too

Archived