onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A possible moral outrage

mr burslem

Legal experts please advise, after I make the following moral case:

To the best of my understanding, something like £750,000 is sitting in a 'ring-fenced' season ticket account. My fear is that, if Port Vale play even one home league fixture, admitting season ticket holders, then that 'ring-fence' collapses.

Morally speaking, there is absolutely no question that something approaching 3,000 people would then be cheated of a sum totalling the best part of £1,000,000; that someone else would get it; and there is also no question that such a situation would stink, morally, to high heaven. The loyalty of 3,000 people would be rewarded, in many cases, by impoverishment.

I'm lucky: I could take the loss. Others I know scrimp and save, and would be severely harmed financially.

Now:

I'd be interested to know, from the likes of Warren, for example, what their assessment of this appalling potential scenario is, from both a legal and a moral standpoint.

Advert

Are you saying that we could play one league game then go bust and that would leave season ticket holders out of pocket?

I doubt we will go bust.

I'm saying it's possible, Dave, if we go bust after 18 August; whereas, if we go bust on 17 August, you get your money back (and no non-Vale fan gets it from you).

Mr Burslem, you are spot on.

My concern is that we end up like Chester.

I can't believe how shoddy the adminstrators have continually extended deadlines.

They should have done a better job second time around.

Mr Ryder is obviuosly not worth 40 million otherwise 1.3 million is not exactly breaking him financially.

To have no sponsors to announce is embarrassing and shameful.

To not be issuing ST's after the administrators have sat on the money for 3 months is woeful.

When the 6 signings were announced I was full of optimism-now I am full of trepidation.

Mr Burslem, you are spot on.

My concern is that we end up like Chester.

I can't believe how shoddy the adminstrators have continually extended deadlines.

They should have done a better job second time around.

Mr Ryder is obviuosly not worth 40 million otherwise 1.3 million is not exactly breaking him financially.

To have no sponsors to announce is embarrassing and shameful.

To not be issuing ST's after the administrators have sat on the money for 3 months is woeful.

When the 6 signings were announced I was full of optimism-now I am full of trepidation.

Better than me, I've been told on countless occasions that I'm full of ****!!

There is another agenda with regards to the ST money, once issued and used there is no comeback. The administrators will use this cash to allow the club to lurch on until the innevetible happens. What we should all do is to effectively demand a refund of all moneys until we are assured of the clubs future, we won't as we are all too loyal and want the club to survive, BY and his cronies know this.

A disgusting turn of affairs, the club is a sham, Adams must surely be considering his position unless he knows differently?

Guest Gary B
There is another agenda with regards to the ST money, once issued and used there is no comeback. The administrators will use this cash to allow the club to lurch on until the innevetible happens. What we should all do is to effectively demand a refund of all moneys until we are assured of the clubs future, we won't as we are all too loyal and want the club to survive, BY and his cronies know this.

A disgusting turn of affairs, the club is a sham, Adams must surely be considering his position unless he knows differently?

Wrong

If the club is still in the hands of the administrators come the start of the season they have to be able to undertake an obligation to the football league to complete the fixture list.

They will not do that lightly and this is one of many things they will be looking at right now to see if it is viable or not. So again, those more concerned with slagging off Bob Young will do nothing but hinder the attempts to save our club.

Bob Young could decide they can't complete the fixture list - if that were the case we're stuffed and no doubt people would be moaning at that too.

All Vale fans, no matter what their opinion of what has gone on need to rally around together rather than taking pot shots at those in a position to make a difference

This has also crossed my mind.After the first game of the season is played then season ticket holders would lose their money.Don't get me wrong I would gladly lose the money if it meant the Vale survived but don't like the thought of some Shyster benefiting.

Wrong

If the club is still in the hands of the administrators come the start of the season they have to be able to undertake an obligation to the football league to complete the fixture list.

They will not do that lightly and this is one of many things they will be looking at right now to see if it is viable or not. So again, those more concerned with slagging off Bob Young will do nothing but hinder the attempts to save our club.

Bob Young could decide they can't complete the fixture list - if that were the case we're stuffed and no doubt people would be moaning at that too.

All Vale fans, no matter what their opinion of what has gone on need to rally around together rather than taking pot shots at those in a position to make a difference

Its not a case of taking pot shots, for many its geniune concern that this whole debacle has been thoroughly mismanaged on the evidence so far by so called proffesional people( who are supposed to be making a difference).

I bet u think the uk population shouldnt take pot shots at the corrupt politicians or corrupt banksters or media etc but should rally round and support whats obviousley something that aint working regardless of the consequences.:rolleyes:

While being sympathetic with people's fear ,I'm wondering how many potential buyers would there be if that 700k wasn't sitting in the bank.This is what is puzzling me about Ryder, there's what? 4/5 months operating dosh in that account.That seems plenty of time,to me, to get further funds in ( sponsorship etc) to sort the club out.Maybe I'm looking at it too simply.

Guest Gary B
Its not a case of taking pot shots, for many its geniune concern that this whole debacle has been thoroughly mismanaged on the evidence so far by so called proffesional people( who are supposed to be making a difference).

I bet u think the uk population shouldnt take pot shots at the corrupt politicians or corrupt banksters or media etc but should rally round and support whats obviousley something that aint working regardless of the consequences.:rolleyes:

And right now taking pot shots does absolutely nothing to help Port Vale because you're still attacking the only people in a position to save us.

Now is not the time. The SC has many differences with Bob over certain things, we see things differently than the club on certain matters too but we realise none of that helps our club right now so we will be doing everything we can to help all at the club and the administrators to try and sort this mess out rather than just criticising from a distance.

We are going to be asking for volunteers, we may well be asking for more donations and long term volunteers too or we could seriously be facing a life without Vale if the money runs out and the administrators feel unable to commit to completing the fixture list.

Now really is not the time to be criticising but the time to once again unite

If they believe they can see out the fixture list then that means they will be doing their damndest for Port Vale and not a reason to again criticise, ask for ST money back etc etc

I really don't think some people have a clue just how serious this could be

Archived