onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Carol statement

Doha

26 minutes ago, dantheman said:

Open letter to Carol…

Sort this <ovf censored> show out. Give us back some pride! 

Signed, 

Every Port Vale fan past and present. 

PS tell Darren to release his retained list this week! Let’s get going rather than farting around! 

totally with you on this. play the kids last game hardly any of the first team deserve to be given a good send off on the last day. personally i dont want to see any of that lot next year. start again. clear out. retained list as small as possible announced as quickly as possible and the first thing we need to do is sign a GOOD striker in the summer before ANYTHING else.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Advert

Compare Bratt, Smurf Waite and Shanahan eras I would say the worst has been clearly the past 18 months. The squad is near to as much use as a chocolate teapot. The manager has no element of passion, the owner doesn't want to engage with the fans. The facilities are a sham, the accounts are a mess,  the confidence is at an all time low!! 
Happy Clapper.
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

You appear to conveniently forget recent history. When the club was owned/run by Bratt/Deakin and Co and then Smurthwaite I can't remember any wealthy people with a genuine interest in and desire to own PVFC clamoring to buy the club, just the opposite in fact, so what makes you think anything has changed.

I remember a plastic turf man from mid west USA, a pie in the sky rumor that a hedge fund from Boston, USA was interested, a mystery man with a bag of cash who paid for a pre-season trip and quickly buggered off. Fans knew all about these prospective purchasers and more, there are likely no Shanahan equivalents lying low waiting to pounce or the fans would know.

My first game at Vale Park was Port Vale 2 QPR 3 in the early 60's, PVFC is in my blood, I'm from Kickrew, I love oatcakes and Stoke-on-Trent but if I ever came into a large amount of money I wouldn't want to own the Vale, I'd gift the club money and let Carol run it. Who would put their family in the firing line and be on the receiving end of bilge the moment something adverse happened.

You can't run Vale like a corporation... She tryed and failed!! 

If you do come into a large amount of money.. Give it a go... Surely you won't do any worse!! 

14 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

You appear to conveniently forget recent history. When the club was owned/run by Bratt/Deakin and Co and then Smurthwaite I can't remember any wealthy people with a genuine interest in and desire to own PVFC clamoring to buy the club, just the opposite in fact, so what makes you think anything has changed.

I remember a plastic turf man from mid west USA, a pie in the sky rumor that a hedge fund from Boston, USA was interested, a mystery man with a bag of cash who paid for a pre-season trip and quickly buggered off. Fans knew all about these prospective purchasers and more, there are likely no Shanahan equivalents lying low waiting to pounce or the fans would know.

Unless you are Bill Bratt or Smurf, which you are not because I know you are a respected Vale fan, you will not have any clue of who would have been interested in or not interested in the club when underneath their leadership (I really do not like using the word leader when it comes to Bratt or Smurf).

You will only know what's been spouted out to you by both of those cretins.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Alan Vit said:

@Brian Johnson

I read it very carefully and replied to the actual content which you posted.

===

You said that there may be many people who want to buy or invest in our football club, but we wouldn't know about them because the owner or CEO of Port Vale wouldn't tell us about them.

You said that you are "tired of reading that their no one is banging on our door to take over little Port Vale" and we have "all been brainwashed by Bratt & Smurf".

I agreed with you that there are loads of people out there who want to take over Port Vale.

But pointed out to you that the vast majority of them are "people exactly like Smurthwaite who want take over the club and all of its assets, and then bleed them dry to fill up their own coffers.

And further pointed out that, on the other hand, genuine people like Carol, people who actually do want to invest in the club and build it up, are extremely few and far between.

===

I understand that you are not saying you want Carol to sell.

So we are also in agreement about that.

I'm just further stressing that we, the supporters as a whole, shouldn't hold false views about there being loads of genuine buyers out there who are interested in taking over Port Vale for constructive reasons, because there aren't.

Football seems to attract a large number of self-serving low-lifes such as the Smurthwaites of this world.

Which is why we are lucky to have someone like Carol in charge of our club.

Do not mis-quote me, I never said "owner or CEO of Port Vale wouldn't tell us about them".

I or nobody else should be told about them,, it should be kept all in house until a time when the club is ready to sell the club or accept investment into the club.

People are assuming that no one is willing to buy the club just because the club have not mentioned it, does not mean that people have not approached the club about buying the club.

So, you and many other fans are wrong on that point.

The vast majority of the clubs have good owners. In fact, I would suggest that most of the owners of Football League clubs are not "low-lifes" such as Smurthwaite or Bratt.

Unless you actually Carol or a director of the club, how do you know exactly what type of people are interested in buying Port Vale unless you are actually involved at the club at Director level?

"I'm just further stressing that we, the supporters as a whole, shouldn't hold false views about there being loads of genuine buyers out there who are interested in taking over Port Vale for constructive reasons, because there aren't."

Again, without being involved at Director level at the club, how would you know?

With how you write posts, you are involved in the club either that being that you are Carol, on the board of Directors or you are Matt Hancock. I would be interested to know which one of those is you.

2 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Compare Bratt, Smurf Waite and Shanahan eras I would say the worst has been clearly the past 18 months. The squad is near to as much use as a chocolate teapot. The manager has no element of passion, the owner doesn't want to engage with the fans. The facilities are a sham, the accounts are a mess,  the confidence is at an all time low!! 

worse than losing to Chasetown, worse than the first team manager and first team coach fighting on the first team bus on the way to a match, worse than administration?

Wake up clown, guess who was at the helm at all of that?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

There's no point. Carol holds the cards... Talking of Carol... Has she announced when she's going to front up to the fans. Will she join the players in a lap of shame? 

How many times are you going to avoid the question Bill?

Are you Bill Bratt?

Are you Bill Bratt?

Are you Bill Bratt?

Are you Bill Bratt?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

totally with you on this. play the kids last game hardly any of the first team deserve to be given a good send off on the last day. personally i dont want to see any of that lot next year. start again. clear out. retained list as small as possible announced as quickly as possible and the first thing we need to do is sign a GOOD striker in the summer before ANYTHING else.

Yes agreed. Make some quick decisive desicions now. Show that they have learned their lessons and give us an idea of their intent. I will be worried if they intend to keep more than 10 of the current squad. The rest should be released and or transfer listed. 

21 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

worse than losing to Chasetown, worse than the first team manager and first team coach fighting on the first team bus on the way to a match, worse than administration?

Wake up clown, guess who was at the helm at all of that?

I refer you to a film... The damned united. 

Nothing to do with the owner. BB tryed to sort out what were personality clashes and power games in the dressing room. 

Are you going to blame BB for for everything which happened negatively between 2000 to 2011...but not give any credit for what results did go right? At least the club went through a very dark ocean full of icebergs.. And BB steered the club clear of them... Credit where credits due. 

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I would be a bit bitter myself if I lost money... I know what it feels like... Don't forget Bratty administered the cheapest season tickets recorded for any season... Swings and roundabouts. 

Bill, you didn't lose anything

Paid yourself a salary as well just to take the proverbial even more.

You're a joke, nobody wants to see you back at the Vale.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

I refer you to a film... The damned united. 

Nothing to do with the owner. BB tryed to sort out what were personality clashes and power games in the dressing room. 

Are you going to blame BB for for everything which happened negatively between 2000 to 2011...but not give any credit for what results did go right? At least the club went through a very dark ocean full of icebergs.. And BB steered the club clear of them... Credit where credits due. 

Are you going to be d1ck all the time on here? If so, please just delete your account

100% Bill Bratt you are. The only shock in this, is that you actually know how to use a computer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

Agreed - but not everybody is Flitcroft. The years of going back to the well of who knows the Vale went well for us with Foyle, Glover and Aspin, didn’t they. 

Heaven forbid we start listening to gobshite Pope as well and bring in Richard Duffy when DM gets gone.

Pope was a great player but he knows nothing about management. It a bit like Ian Botham who know deck all about team selection and tactics , but was a magnificent instinctive player . Mind Tom Pope and Legge should be involved with the fans as ambassadors .

• Haha 1