onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players I never want to see in a Vale shirt again

37 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Ojo can be kept on if he agrees to be the bog attendant don't want him on the pitch the guy shows no interest or fight, Clarke is hit n miss seems be on the treatment table more than on the pitch and Ripley I'm not convinced good shot stopper but pisses about too much takes too many risks and  doesn't command his area enough 

Advert

We know Smith can do a job in league 2 but I think it might be best for all parties if he left. He's not going to get any better. He's a decent defender but an awful footballer and I sometimes wonder whether he's been a hindrance over these past few years. Wouldn't be a disaster if he stayed.

Ojo was really good in the first 3 months of the season but that's the only 3 months he has been any good. Flattered to deceive last year and his attitude stinks at times. Thinks he's better than he is.

Iacovitti might be ok as back up. Has a mistake in him and sometimes looks like a pub player but ok for the bench.

Ripley is good enough. He's not as good as he thinks he is and his failure to control his box considering his size is frustrating.

I never wanted Clarke back but then he looked a real threat for a couple of games. Just never fit and I question his desire to really be fit. Bit of a loose cannon.

Sang is awful in a defensive positions. He should never have been played there as you can tell it's just not his position. There looks to be a footballer in there but I just can't tell. Get him off corners though, they're awful.

Grant has been a huge disappointment. Where was this decent player that Plymouth fans said we were getting? He has the odd decent half but then turns into a complete duffer. Doesn't look like he has the fight to make a difference.

Ryan Loft. Potentially the worst technical footballer we've ever had. I have a far better touch than him and I'm nowhere near pro football. Yes, he tries hard but we need to get rid of him. Potentially in the top 3 worst ever players I've seen for Vale. An absolute joke of a signing.

Wilson hasn't contributed at all in league 1 really. He's technically good but he doesn't do it anywhere near enough or is injured.

Debra looks like a non league player to me. I don't see the potential. Clumsy, positionally poor....he's not for me.

Uche might be a good wild card. He has the occasional stinker, where he literally looks like he has no legs. But he could cause carnage for certain defences in league 2.

Garrity and Chislett it goes without saying are too good for league 2. They'll both be gone if they have any sense.

A friend of mine (not a Vale fan) said that he remembers a lad called Baylee that played against his lad in a school team. He said that everyone applauded him off the pitch because he was so good. He's shown with his 2 recent goals what he is capable of. I reckon we've got a real future star on our hands.

Lowe is what he is. A decent pro but well past his best. It was a desperate signing I thought. Seems like a nice bloke though.

Massey has been another disappointment. He has the occasional game where I think 'where has this guy been?' . Then the next week he's awful. Another one that goes through the motions a lot. I'm not sure whether his heart has ever really been in it.

The young lads have all done ok. Shorrock was superb against Blackpool but has looked like a child in other games.

What we have to remember is that some players who've looked poor in league 1 might be very good in league 2. I didn't think the gap was that wide when we first came up but it is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, leedsvaliant said:

We know Smith can do a job in league 2 but I think it might be best for all parties if he left. He's not going to get any better. He's a decent defender but an awful footballer and I sometimes wonder whether he's been a hindrance over these past few years. Wouldn't be a disaster if he stayed.

Ojo was really good in the first 3 months of the season but that's the only 3 months he has been any good. Flattered to deceive last year and his attitude stinks at times. Thinks he's better than he is.

Iacovitti might be ok as back up. Has a mistake in him and sometimes looks like a pub player but ok for the bench.

Ripley is good enough. He's not as good as he thinks he is and his failure to control his box considering his size is frustrating.

I never wanted Clarke back but then he looked a real threat for a couple of games. Just never fit and I question his desire to really be fit. Bit of a loose cannon.

Sang is awful in a defensive positions. He should never have been played there as you can tell it's just not his position. There looks to be a footballer in there but I just can't tell. Get him off corners though, they're awful.

Grant has been a huge disappointment. Where was this decent player that Plymouth fans said we were getting? He has the odd decent half but then turns into a complete duffer. Doesn't look like he has the fight to make a difference.

Ryan Loft. Potentially the worst technical footballer we've ever had. I have a far better touch than him and I'm nowhere near pro football. Yes, he tries hard but we need to get rid of him. Potentially in the top 3 worst ever players I've seen for Vale. An absolute joke of a signing.

Wilson hasn't contributed at all in league 1 really. He's technically good but he doesn't do it anywhere near enough or is injured.

Debra looks like a non league player to me. I don't see the potential. Clumsy, positionally poor....he's not for me.

Uche might be a good wild card. He has the occasional stinker, where he literally looks like he has no legs. But he could cause carnage for certain defences in league 2.

Garrity and Chislett it goes without saying are too good for league 2. They'll both be gone if they have any sense.

A friend of mine (not a Vale fan) said that he remembers a lad called Baylee that played against his lad in a school team. He said that everyone applauded him off the pitch because he was so good. He's shown with his 2 recent goals what he is capable of. I reckon we've got a real future star on our hands.

Lowe is what he is. A decent pro but well past his best. It was a desperate signing I thought. Seems like a nice bloke though.

Massey has been another disappointment. He has the occasional game where I think 'where has this guy been?' . Then the next week he's awful. Another one that goes through the motions a lot. I'm not sure whether his heart has ever really been in it.

The young lads have all done ok. Shorrock was superb against Blackpool but has looked like a child in other games.

What we have to remember is that some players who've looked poor in league 1 might be very good in league 2. I didn't think the gap was that wide when we first came up but it is.

Some of the players would look good in a pub side would be more likely , imo 

I honestly think we should extend Lofts contract.

Give him two more years. And work with him.

Come 2027 we may get 5 goals from the bloke.

Give Massey an extension as well. Loved watching him this season. Full of goals and assists.

Glad we’ve got Ojo for 3 more years. I mean when the going gets tough you really want someone in the trenches like that lad! 

Keep Debrah on. Another yard on that long throw and he’s a huge asset.

Iacovitti. “The Yak”. Give him 5 years. Silky smooth on a football. Can do things other footballers can’t. No, seriously. He actually can.

Grant. 3500 quid a week is a snip! A wand of a left foot. Sadly it’s stuck up Sootys backside.

Uche is definitely the way forward. He will come back as a monster truck in another life. Only he will probably mow over the fans.

Tom Sang. If football was karaoke he wouldn’t get another song again. Sang enough.

And Smith. 400 games. Here’s to the next 400. Because this club is absolutely going somewhere with a captain like him. He will be a world beater at pinching his strikers back in league 2.

For those knocking Darren Moore he will know what he’s been given and what we have to work with next season. 
He’s here for the summer and he is going to build his side. 
I’ll be amazed if anymore than 1 of those are in his plans for next season. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I honestly think we should extend Lofts contract.

Give him two more years. And work with him.

Come 2027 we may get 5 goals from the bloke.

Give Massey an extension as well. Loved watching him this season. Full of goals and assists.

Glad we’ve got Ojo for 3 more years. I mean when the going gets tough you really want someone in the trenches like that lad! 

Keep Debrah on. Another yard on that long throw and he’s a huge asset.

Iacovitti. “The Yak”. Give him 5 years. Silky smooth on a football. Can do things other footballers can’t. No, seriously. He actually can.

Grant. 3500 quid a week is a snip! A wand of a left foot. Sadly it’s stuck up Sootys backside.

Uche is definitely the way forward. He will come back as a monster truck in another life. Only he will probably mow over the fans.

Tom Sang. If football was karaoke he wouldn’t get another song again. Sang enough.

And Smith. 400 games. Here’s to the next 400. Because this club is absolutely going somewhere with a captain like him. He will be a world beater at pinching his strikers back in league 2.

For those knocking Darren Moore he will know what he’s been given and what we have to work with next season. 
He’s here for the summer and he is going to build his side. 
I’ll be amazed if anymore than 1 of those are in his plans for next season. 

A lot of it will come down to length of contracts.  I can’t see us paying all the contracted players off.  Some of those players will be fine in league 2, if only as second choice.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

A lot of it will come down to length of contracts.  I can’t see us paying all the contracted players off.  Some of those players will be fine in league 2, if only as second choice.

All of those mentioned, apart from Sang, are on over 2k a week.

Somehow we’ve got to ship them out. To have players who can’t cut it in league 2, on 2k plus a week, is a recipe for disaster. 

Thankyou Mr. Flitcroft and Thankyou Mrs Shanahan for this total mess.

She has a hell of a summer rebuild because of her inability to keep her eye on the ball.

It is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

All of those mentioned, apart from Sang, are on over 2k a week.

Somehow we’ve got to ship them out. To have players who can’t cut it in league 2, on 2k plus a week, is a recipe for disaster. 

Thankyou Mr. Flitcroft and Thankyou Mrs Shanahan for this total mess.

She has a hell of a summer rebuild because of her inability to keep her eye on the ball.

It is what it is. 

How do you know they won’t cut it in league 2?  Most of the players would be fine, that’s not to say great.  The point being we can afford to retain some just as long as we bring in some decent players to augment those that stay.  The biggest single issue this season was lack of goals.  2 half decent strikers would’ve been the difference.  Uche and Loft simply didn’t score enough.

Good grief our support really do scrape the barrel .

Keep players who have failed the club -34 goal difference .

No leadership 

No passion

No having a right good go in any of these remaining do or die games and folk want keep the likes of Smith 

I knew the Vale fans were forgiving of watching but this seasons squad have took rubbish to a whole new level .

Probably lost about 2000 fans and folk on about who they would keep ..

Crikey couldn't care less if they cleared everybody off .

• Like 2

Whatever we do we need to ensure our 3 main strikers are not on our books next season. Uche and Wilson are easy, just don't offer them deals but Loft is going to be tricky.

He's not good enough to serve pies. I don't know how we convince a club to take him off our hands or to agree to a contract termination. What a waste of time he is. 

I keep 3. Smith. Garrity and Chislett..

2 out of those need no explanation. Smith although under fire for me is not only a solid player at l2 but he's one of a dying breed that actually give a <ovf censored>. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Uche and Loft simply didn’t score enough.

You can say that again.

1 league goal each with 1 game to go.

1 <ovf censored> goal.

Incredible stuff.