onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

1 hour ago, manc_vale said:

I can't say I am at all happy we are relegated, but overall I feel relief that this is over. I'm glad we are down, it's deserved. I hope we a unemotional and clinical in having a proper clear out, to remove the battle-scarred, the weak, the feeble and the perennially injured. 

I'm glad we have not taken it to the last game. Had we taken it to the last game, had we put up a better fight, it might have encouraged the club to keep hold some. I hope they don't

I do feel sorry for some of the backroom staff who no doubt have been trying their best to do well for the club, based on a steer from the recently departed. No doubt the new L2 regime and limited funds will mean many will be shown the door. 

We have dropped through one trap door. Next season there is no safety net, a repeat of the mistakes of this season and the unthinkable could happen.

I agree with many points.

Our biggest problem this season is our lack of identity..ie playing style.

We have mainly played 3-5-2 or 3-5-1/1.

And that is  vogue in the modern game so no problem there, however that is were the problem has been.

From game 1 we have let Ripley launch the ball upfield mainly because he wants to but secondly because our 3 centre backs (especially Smudge and Yak) Are scared to have the ball. From my recollection and I've only missed 3 games this season only Lowe has passed the ball out of defence with any purpose 

And as for our wingbacks who are continually criticised they must be thinking what the hell is going on?

They continually have to gamble on were the ball ends up after its repeatedly been launched and fans wonder why they get caught out of position from time to time.A real team playing 3 centre backs welcomes the ball and the wing backs become heavily involved in the progression up the pitch thru the lines.

The best wingback in the world could not play for vale as they would be repeatably  starved of the ball and probably frustrated with the lack of Basic passing ability from our centre backs

This has got to stop we need defenders who can not only pass but want the ball off our keeper ASAP so we can start moves off.

The wingbacks have been hung out to dry and been the main scapegoats for our none playing style.

There is no doubt that Moore seems clueless at present you only have to see our last 3 games the ball being launched up to Uche has been painful to watch .

See you Saturday at Vale Park

UTV

• Like 3

Advert

Vale fans were brilliant today, the version of the bin dippers allez allez was fantastic particularly as it mentioned the only 2 players I would bother to keep. I fear both will be in 3rd division next season.

• Like 2

Matty Taylor, Pett, Benning, Cass, Worall, Whitfield, and Harrison all have the chance to be playing a division above Vale next season. Albeit only one of Barrow or MKD could go up.

How bad does that make our recruitment look?

How much has the FA Cup replay v Stevenage cost us due to stupid sports science at 60 minutes. A potential bucket full of cash to get in a striker to save the cost of relegation. Didn't Colin Garlic say that League One clubs receive about 450k more than League 2 clubs? So there is half a million gone, plus attendance revenue. The biggest away following could be Bradford at 2k. Missing out on Sheff Wed/maybe Brum at 3.5k fans each.

Complete shiitthouse this season has been.

Where is that <ovf censored> Smithie who was bumming the squad all through the season, disappeared like a fart in the wind. What do you think now then Smithie?

• Like 1

The statement “we got promoted earlier than planned” is the one that gets missed for me. Shouldn’t we be planning for that every year otherwise what’s the point. Also for me proves what we have all witnessed over the last 2 seasons in league one in a scaling back of investment in the first team. The bit that actually matters. Worry is that they all had a plan and didn’t deviate when things were going wrong…. Twice! Each year we have heard we will learn from these mistakes. But then they made the same ones again. Yesterday is on everyone at the club. Fans and to an extent the players have been completely let down and hung out to dry by trying to penny pinch on the one thing that actually matters. It’s going to cost mega now to put right over a number of years because of the stupid contracts we hand out. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, ian foster said:

I agree with many points.

Our biggest problem this season is our lack of identity..ie playing style.

We have mainly played 3-5-2 or 3-5-1/1.

And that is  vogue in the modern game so no problem there, however that is were the problem has been.

From game 1 we have let Ripley launch the ball upfield mainly because he wants to but secondly because our 3 centre backs (especially Smudge and Yak) Are scared to have the ball. From my recollection and I've only missed 3 games this season only Lowe has passed the ball out of defence with any purpose 

And as for our wingbacks who are continually criticised they must be thinking what the hell is going on?

They continually have to gamble on were the ball ends up after its repeatedly been launched and fans wonder why they get caught out of position from time to time.A real team playing 3 centre backs welcomes the ball and the wing backs become heavily involved in the progression up the pitch thru the lines.

The best wingback in the world could not play for vale as they would be repeatably  starved of the ball and probably frustrated with the lack of Basic passing ability from our centre backs

This has got to stop we need defenders who can not only pass but want the ball off our keeper ASAP so we can start moves off.

The wingbacks have been hung out to dry and been the main scapegoats for our none playing style.

There is no doubt that Moore seems clueless at present you only have to see our last 3 games the ball being launched up to Uche has been painful to watch .

See you Saturday at Vale Park

UTV

It’s going to be interesting to see how DM wants to set up. Personally I think we should ditch wingbacks as being our main way of setting up and bring in fullbacks next season. I also think our pitch is too big as well. I wouldn’t be against them bringing it in a bit next season if they wanted to and make it a bit smaller. 

5 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s going to be interesting to see how DM wants to set up. Personally I think we should ditch wingbacks as being our main way of setting up and bring in fullbacks next season. I also think our pitch is too big as well. I wouldn’t be against them bringing it in a bit next season if they wanted to and make it a bit smaller. 

4-4-2 all the way with two ugly centre halves. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

4-4-2 all the way with two ugly centre halves. 

It was interesting to hear Sproeys comments on the radio after the game. He said Vales pitch is massive and it cries out for 4 at the back. He should know , he played enough games on it. I know he is a football agent but Carol  if you won't and dont listen to the fans then at least  listen to someone who really has the Vale close to their heart. You walk past a statue dedicated to his family everyday you go into your office .That is the calibre of person you need to put your trust in and not a chancer like "Flickers". Someone who will tell you the truth , not just what you want to hear.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Osh said:

When you doing that brother. Let me k ow and I'll come meet you for a beer. Just DONT make it next Saturday eh, 'cause I'll be at Vale Park. Singing my heart out how much I love the Vale Till I Die ... If you were there YOU could sing along too.

UTV

Ha ha cheers Osh. For my sins I am a Lorne St season ticket holder so I will be at the Vale.

• Like 2

You know and this is going be my final comment on Vale this season you now what hurts the most is there's being no fight in the players .

Fight in life is a given 

You have little you fight 

You have something to prove you fight

You love something you fight for it 

You don't want humiliate your own folk you fight

There's being no fight and Stoke fans have every right enjoy there best weekend of the season .

As for Vale well you really have took embarrassing your own support to new levels this campaign

Hang your heads in shame .

On what I've seen this season next could be worse .

See you next season in the hamil for hopefully a better season 

Buy players who fight and hate losing .

This lot get money and do nothing justify it 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Each to their own...there will be true Vale fans there, showing they still support the club. There will be others there to moan and groan, too, of course! It's always been so! 

You are right Tony the 3000 hardcore Vale fans will always be there. That is regardless of what division we are in and who our owner is. However to improve and climb up the Leagues it's those casual supporters we need to regularly attract. It's regular gates of 10000 not gates of 3000 that is needed. Good luck with your recovery, some things in life are more important than football.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, man in the pub said:

It was interesting to hear Sproeys comments on the radio after the game. He said Vales pitch is massive and it cries out for 4 at the back. He should know , he played enough games on it. I know he is a football agent but Carol  if you won't and dont listen to the fans then at least  listen to someone who really has the Vale close to their heart. You walk past a statue dedicated to his family everyday you go into your office .That is the calibre of person you need to put your trust in and not a chancer like "Flickers". Someone who will tell you the truth , not just what you want to hear.

I agree well said Carol needs to listen to someone that will tell her the truth. Not just yesssss.

People . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Matty Taylor, Pett, Benning, Cass, Worall, Whitfield, and Harrison all have the chance to be playing a division above Vale next season. Albeit only one of Barrow or MKD could go up.

How bad does that make our recruitment look?

How much has the FA Cup replay v Stevenage cost us due to stupid sports science at 60 minutes. A potential bucket full of cash to get in a striker to save the cost of relegation. Didn't Colin Garlic say that League One clubs receive about 450k more than League 2 clubs? So there is half a million gone, plus attendance revenue. The biggest away following could be Bradford at 2k. Missing out on Sheff Wed/maybe Brum at 3.5k fans each.

Complete shiitthouse this season has been.

Where is that <ovf censored> Smithie who was bumming the squad all through the season, disappeared like a fart in the wind. What do you think now then Smithie?

To be fair tho all of those could be playing in league two next season too 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Could we take that as - I want to get rid of the dross I have inherited and I want to bring my players in.  There are some good players here, but Fraudcroft you brought some real sihte players in.

Yes,i would take it to mean that as he also said it's a big rebuilding job and we all know that it sure will be