onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (A) match thread - 20th April

I said we were relegated the night we conceded 2 goals against Fleetwood. We've dropped far too many points against teams at the bottom and that's a recipe for disaster. 

How sad it is that with more than 10 games left,I knew we were down.

Advert

3 hours ago, bomber said:

It is a case of how many we conceed tomorrow. We will certainly not trouble there keeper. How have we got to this? 

The prediction box on the front page only allowed me to go to Nine--I was trying to put 14-0🤪

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Terriertalk said:

I am not sure what year it was, I remember though travelling down to your place for a match where we needed something to have any chance of avoiding relegation. A defeat though and that was that.

We brought a decent following in the circumstances, about 1,500 I think and got beat 5 - 1. Relegated!.

I am sure some of you will remember this.

Yeah I remember that. I'm sure I remember one of your lot setting something on fire in The Vine as well.

• Haha 3

That’s a shame our only chance was if Santos was playing. 
Yep. Most overrated player in league 1. Got the turning circle of a tanker, which would make him the fastest player in our defence.

We haven't got that gutsy performance in us that lots of teams down at the bottom have in them at this time of the season. If we keep it to 3-0 we have done well.

Bolton are pretty unlikely for one of the auto spots now, but they'll still outplay us without putting in too much effort.

I'd quite like them to miss out though for 4 fold:

1) They think they're an absolutely huge team but without the Premier League years I doubt they'd be getting the crowds they are now.

2) When they near enough got promoted at our place they sang 'we'll never play you again'. But then did about 2 years later.

3) I lived in a halls of residence with a Bolton fan at University and he was a complete chump. Put me off ever since.

4) Ian Evatt is the most dislikeable, arrogant so and so.

Apart from that I think they're great!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The irony is that as bad as we have been this season, we could end up still not being relegated until the 46th game. We don't  deserve to stay up given how we have played but if it does go to the last game, it will verify just what a ba**s up we have made of just staying in League 1.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2024 at 09:54, robf said:

Jeez, that's the most wishful thinking I've seen on here in a long time. :laugh:

Erm, Bolton are only three points behind Derby, who are in the automatic spot. 

With that sort of gap there's frankly more chance of a Ryan Loft hat-trick than of Bolton resting players for the play-offs...

Bolton are three points and -5 GD behind Derby.

And Derby's last two games are Cambridge and Carlisle.

Ian Evatt has already acknowledged that Bolton will be in the play-offs -

I'm 100% certain that Bolton will tomorrow be resting some players ready for the play-offs.

The wishful bit is hoping that the Vale players put on a performance worthy of the shirt over the full 90+ minutes and so claw something out of the match.

Come on lads, please give it everything, for us and for yourselves.

UTV

5 minutes ago, Alan Vit said:

Bolton are three points and -5 GD behind Derby.

And Derby's last two games are Cambridge and Carlisle.

Ian Evatt has already acknowledged that Bolton will be in the play-offs -

I'm 100% certain that Bolton will tomorrow be resting some players ready for the play-offs.

The wishful bit is hoping that the Vale players put on a performance worthy of the shirt over the full 90+ minutes and so claw something out of the match.

Come on lads, please give it everything, for us and for yourselves.

UTV

Yeah... They are really going to risk forfeiting automatic promotion on the offchance Derby don't screw up! 

26 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Yeah... They are really going to risk forfeiting automatic promotion on the offchance Derby don't screw up! 

26 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

well. they should get the goal difference sorted!!!!!!!!!!😁

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

Yep. Most overrated player in league 1. Got the turning circle of a tanker, which would make him the fastest player in our defence.

We haven't got that gutsy performance in us that lots of teams down at the bottom have in them at this time of the season. If we keep it to 3-0 we have done well.

Bolton are pretty unlikely for one of the auto spots now, but they'll still outplay us without putting in too much effort.

I'd quite like them to miss out though for 4 fold:

1) They think they're an absolutely huge team but without the Premier League years I doubt they'd be getting the crowds they are now.

2) When they near enough got promoted at our place they sang 'we'll never play you again'. But then did about 2 years later.

3) I lived in a halls of residence with a Bolton fan at University and he was a complete chump. Put me off ever since.

4) Ian Evatt is the most dislikeable, arrogant so and so.

Apart from that I think they're great!

Interesting points there Leedsv but I think if you saw Rico a little more often I think you'd.probably change your opinion? We are nowhere near an absolutely huge club but other than the Two Manchester and two Scouse clubs we are the biggest and best supported of the Lancashire clubs. Burnley are currently marginally ahead of our average gate due to the large away followings in the PL otherwise like Preston and Blackburn they be way behind us.

Like all clubs we have some dick fans and you obviously found one and heard others making silly chants but the one point I can fully agree with is your view of Ian Evatt. He even winds us up with his stubbornness and ridiculous and embarrassing statements. Can’t knock what he’s done here so far though so I’ll let him off for being a plonker sometimes. 😁

Yes it's quite apt that we are playing at the Toughsheet Stadium in Bolton .Tomorrow should finally be it and we have the dreaded R by Port Vale . So 20/04/2024 is Bolton day or B-day but is actually Bidet as that's where we are going .

• Haha 1