onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moore out

On 20/04/2024 at 18:11, Wozza4England said:

Something tells me he’s been instructed to talk about Port Vale in the first person. It’s hilarious how he tries to fit “us” and “we” into every statement. 🤣

100% he has been told, he very nearly slipped up at one point of that interview and quickly corrected himself !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert

I think one of the first tests will be his retained list. If anyone is offered a contract, like Uche or Massey, then it'll set alarm bells ringing. Maybe he thinks Wynne will b good enough, but any that have been playing should be leaving. I'm hoping every chance he gets he'll be bringing in better players that play specific roles. If he is stuck with some he can't get rid of, then he'll have to maximise the other spaces. 

• Like 4

On 20/04/2024 at 19:16, darren1810 said:

The strange /disappointing aspect is that as a player he was horrible. I'd of hated to be a centre  forward against him.

Yet he's mild mannered and looks incapable of handing out any sort of rollicking at all. Very very underwhelming. 

Bob Hazell was a kitten off the pitch.

Not sure I would have wanted to upset him all the same.

• Like 3

On 22/04/2024 at 09:37, TEXAS said:

100% he has been told, he very nearly slipped up at one point of that interview and quickly corrected himself !

and hes always disapointed!!!! give it a rest darren. :drink:

• Like 1

On 22/04/2024 at 10:30, 1 said:

I think one of the first tests will be his retained list. If anyone is offered a contract, like Uche or Massey, then it'll set alarm bells ringing. Maybe he thinks Wynne will b good enough, but any that have been playing should be leaving. I'm hoping every chance he gets he'll be bringing in better players that play specific roles. If he is stuck with some he can't get rid of, then he'll have to maximise the other spaces. 

I think we'll see the following:

Released: 

Leutwiler, Massey, Lowe, Wilson, Cass

Offered a contract:

Ikpeazu, Wynne, Walters, Shorrock

Transfer listed/free to find another club:

Jones, Grant, Clark, Loft.

Retained: 

Ripley, Debrah, Smith, Iacovitti, Plant, Sang, Garrity, Ojo, Chislett, Dipepa 

Of that lot I think Ojo, Garrity and Chislett will all leave and there's a chance Dipepa will go and be loaned back.

14 hours ago, Granville said:

I think we'll see the following:

Released: 

Leutwiler, Massey, Lowe, Wilson, Cass

Offered a contract:

Ikpeazu, Wynne, Walters, Shorrock

Transfer listed/free to find another club:

Jones, Grant, Clark, Loft.

Retained: 

Ripley, Debrah, Smith, Iacovitti, Plant, Sang, Garrity, Ojo, Chislett, Dipepa 

Of that lot I think Ojo, Garrity and Chislett will all leave and there's a chance Dipepa will go and be loaned back.

I think we must strive with everything we have to retain Garrity and Chilslett. If that means offering them higher paid extended contracts so be it - obviously to a point. Some core players need to be retained and built around. If we throw everything in the air the risk of failure increases significantly in trying to find equivalent replacements. I don't think Ojo will leave and hope he doesn't subject to fitness concerns. We need him as the holding midfield player who can run a game at L2 level. Ojo I presume is on a reasonable contract he will struggle to improve upon, but also he could start getting into his post playing career if he fancies coaching. I would like to see Uche stay - as big clumsy players go, he's actually quite good but needs to add goals. 

Suppose the forwards starting next season were Chislett, Garrity, Dipepe and the striker Uche. That would be pretty formidable at L2 level provided Uche scores more. This also allows the stretched finances to be deployed where they are more needed in sorting out the rear parts of the team.

Edited by Warren

The success of next season will be based on who is brought in. If we kept the likes of Massey or Uche they would probably be solid enough in league 2. The difference between a success or failure season will be who gets recruited. The reason this season was so bad is because the summer business was awful aside from an upgraded goalkeeper and 2 superior loans, nobody recruited made the side better. 

If we signed Uche and Massey now, for a season in league 2, with their respective pedigrees pre Vale, we would be buzzing.  

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Warren said:

I would like to see Uche stay - as big clumsy players go, he's actually quite good but needs to add goals. 

A striker who is a top wage earner but cant shoot, cant score and cant play 90 minutes. Would be absolute insanity to offer him a contract, and an early warning that Darren Moore hasnt got the ‘contacts’ some here are hoping. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

A striker who is a top wage earner but cant shoot, cant score and cant play 90 minutes. Would be absolute insanity to offer him a contract, and an early warning that Darren Moore hasnt got the ‘contacts’ some here are hoping. 

Also, add the fact he isn’t fit.