onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter City (H) match thread - 13th April

Vtid

10 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Look at our history Doha - that is the point I was trying to make.  We have done this down the years time after time. If you have followed us over any length of time, you must know that.  I'm not belittling your support of the Vale, I'm saying that if you lose your rag over getting relegated, or being under the threat of relegation, or being crap over a period of games, or collapsing after being ahead, then you you you've forgotten what it is like to be a Vale fan - because we do that a lot of the time. That's all.  No need for going off on one and using the words you did.  But I understand you are upset too, and if that makes me sanctimonious, I'll wear it, I'm not that bothered.  

I admire your ambition.

As Darren correctly says, this slow motion car crash has been unfolding since last January for all to see. This disastrous relegation was so, so avoidable. That is why so many people are infuriated.

This isn't a cyclical event. It isn't a product of the natural ebbs and flows of the football league. It's happened, unnecessarily, through sheer incompetence, negligence, and unchecked arrogance.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Advert

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

People are upset mate because this is of our own doing. 

This was so avoidable fans saw this coming months ago.

Mismanaged from the very top has caused this demise.

Didn't need a crystal ball in November to see what was possible. 

I know they are - I am too, I guess I express it differently.  It's galling when we see it coming and can do nothing to help the team on the pitch, though I think the fans anger at Flitcroft helped to shift him.   I've just reached the point where I'm hoping to stay up, but probably realising it isn't going to happen, and am very sad that it has come to this.  But...... I am optimistic we can recover, even though it means going to Crawley again....dear God. So very frustrating.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kevin_struggles said:

I'm not sure he had anyone on the bench who would have made a difference it wasn't tactics that cost us that game it was character, or rather lack of it, and I'm not sure how Moore can change the character of a team without being able to bring any different players in. I'm not saying he is a good manager I have no idea but I don't think we can judge him at the moment because of the dross he has available to him. There are maybe 4/5 players in our entire squad who are league one standard the rest simply aren't good enough whoever manages them you can't bring out what isn't there.

You start by replacing Uche with like for like so loft not weir. Why on earth was he even playing weir up front he’s a midfielder & a poor one too. When they made their subs & started to boss the game we all knew a goal was coming. That is where a good manager earns his coin & reacts to it. So yes that is down tactics & in game management it’s not the first time he’s done it this is becoming a regular occurrence. Take nothing away from the players tho they lost their fight & as you said needed to show more character but they simply don’t have it in them 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Convinced he'll walk .

Be proclaimed as mutual agreement. 

On the pattern emerging regarding his game management ability and substitutions, is anyone bothered by the above? Genuine question.

• Like 8

Phenomenal remember - us naughty riff raff in the cheap seats were told that we were all wrong!

All that money spent to take us back where started, but with a worse squad than the famous ‘deadwood collection’.  

still at least we got an MBE and a few accolades so not all bad eh Carol? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Doha said:

On the pattern emerging regarding his game management ability and substitutions, is anyone bothered by the above? Genuine question.

Nope. Not bothered in the slightest. He looks utterly clueless to me - dare I say, worse than Crosby. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

I think there a 95% chance Darren Moore is our manager in August. There’s absolutely no financial reason for him to walk and I don’t think Carol will sack him.

He has manifestly failed in his primary job to keep us up,  and there’s some very concerning things happening around game management, but we’re going to have to get used to him.

5 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Look at our history Doha - that is the point I was trying to make.  We have done this down the years time after time. If you have followed us over any length of time, you must know that.  I'm not belittling your support of the Vale, I'm saying that if you lose your rag over getting relegated, or being under the threat of relegation, or being crap over a period of games, or collapsing after being ahead, then you you you've forgotten what it is like to be a Vale fan - because we do that a lot of the time. That's all.  No need for going off on one and using the words you did.  But I understand you are upset too, and if that makes me sanctimonious, I'll wear it, I'm not that bothered.  

Some of that is true but I don't think I have ever started a season knowing we were in trouble before a ball was kicked and Ive been supporting them since 1973. I was moaning from the moment ac released the retained list which he got badly wrong and it went downhill from there. It has been a long and difficult season with very few bright spots 10 wins out of 43 games and a minus 30 goal difference is hard to spin as anything but an abysmal season. Its been a slog for all of us so its not surprising that people are struggling to be positive.

• Like 3

You can debate the game as much as you want to let any team score 4 in one half with nobody putting there bodies on the line says it all  really  the goals going in were all avoidable but you got a captain strolling around rollicking no one and it comes from him as much as manager

I'd be sacking people tonight personally

Who take your pick. 

I'd rather see Uche Chislett Garrity and 8 kids in remaining games

Don't waste peoples free time 

If ever a club lay down and died  ours did today 

• Confused 1