onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan (A) match thread - 6th April

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Some sort of evidence???? ha ha ha ha

Is the team not enough evidence and the fact Crosby was made manager? Use your eyes. 

Edited by WV

Advert

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why do you think it's a reliable source for the confidential employment terms and conditions at a private ltd company with no obligation to disclose, report or share that information publically?

Why did most take spunk trumpets word for the wages which he got from there. Heavily liked post that was from the same source but because it was slagging flitcroft off the source was sound. 
I said I didn’t get my info from there but it backed up what I was told. Dunno why people are so upset by it. Weirdos 

That Sport Salary website could be complete fabrication for all we know, done to generate hits via advertising for gullible football fans who will pour over pages and pages of it.

Unless the football club published the wage structure or someone goes rooting through Ryan Loft's bin and finds his payslip none of us really know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WV said:

Why did most take spunk trumpets word for the wages which he got from there. Heavily liked post that was from the same source but because it was slagging flitcroft off the source was sound. 
I said I didn’t get my info from there but it backed up what I was told. Dunno why people are so upset by it. Weirdos 

I was responding to your comment 

Just like next years 

Which I know and u know u have no idea 

That’s all 

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

I was responding to your comment 

Just like next years 

Which I know and u know u have no idea 

That’s all 

Ok. That is true. Just going on recent history. Hopefully it isn’t more of the same. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why do you think it's a reliable source for the confidential employment terms and conditions at a private ltd company with no obligation to disclose, report or share that information publically?

If it's a 'private company' can we buy shares? 

1 hour ago, WV said:

I am only going on recent history. We only just survived last season and rather than learning from our mistakes we tightened the purse strings again and now may suffer relegation becuase of that. I don't know why we would not keep repeating history. 

Perhaps you need to take into account off the pitch costs. Half a million on the pitch was it?

I am not saying the footballing budget was well spent. But I would question your comment the total purse has been tightened.

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Perhaps you need to take into account off the pitch costs. Half a million on the pitch was it?

I am not saying the footballing budget was well spent. But I would question your comment the total purse has been tightened.

I was under the impression that was paid for with an interest free loan from a rich vale fan. 

3 hours ago, WV said:

if you are going by that you are in trouble. 4th lowest wage bill in the league on there. Look it up. 

Compare other teams in the league and show me the 12 teams we are higher than? 

Only Carlisle, Cheltenham and Northampton with smaller wage bill. 

Now I didn't get my information from here but it perfectly backs up what I was told at the start of the season by a source* close the club 

*no I cannot tell you who it is 

These are just estimates with no data to back them up. 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2024 at 17:53, Nippy Naylor said:

Soz mate , but I just don't rate Lofty 

Uche gives us more of a focal point and I'm more confident of him hitting the net 

Totally see why some people don't rate Loft.  I would have hoped he would have scored more goals for us and that is a big disappointment.  But he does a lot of off the ball stuff and pulls defenders with him, also pings in crosses into the box for players to try and score.  If we had players that could ping the balls into the box, maybe Loft would be in the box and putting them away, instead of him trying to do that job.  Down to poor recruitment by fraudcroft - some may say Loft was a mistake by him as well.  Yes probably more of a panic buy, which has cost the club - but they set a max spend line and lost strikers to other clubs due to sticking with it and then maybe had to bust it to get Loft and Uche anyway.

You saw on saturday when Uche came on, the commentators quickly said the back 4 had a quick chat about Uche and how to mark him.  He brings that battering ram style of play, where opposition try and take him out, but just end up being bounced off or clinging to him.  He also showed on saturday he can tackle as well, with a couple of great tackles.

They bring different things to the game.  If Loft scored more, he may be liked more by fans.  Uche is liked by most fans due to him battering opposition when he comes on.

Edited by PVFC764