onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer rumours and speculation

7 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Can we re-sign the young man Micky Adams kicked out of the club, who has just captained Ipswich to the Premier League?

Micky Adams didn't kick him out; he offered him a contract. Morsy was never going to resign because he did not feel his career would progress at the club.

Advert

6 minutes ago, JRC said:

Micky Adams didn't kick him out; he offered him a contract. Morsy was never going to resign because he did not feel his career would progress at the club.

That's not how I remember it, JRC.  Adams made it pretty clear he didn't want him at the club, as I recall. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The French Connection said:

That's not how I remember it, JRC.  Adams made it pretty clear he didn't want him at the club, as I recall. 

He was offered a contract but chose not to sign. He had a poor relationship with Adams because one of the senior pros who acted as Adams’ spy heard him bad mouthing the boss in the dressing room and reported it back to Adams. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, JRC said:

Micky Adams calling him a coward in an interview after he got sent off and then not playing him for a while after probably contributed to that. He was definitely one who got away from us.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

If available on loan again I would certainly take Stockton who seems to of found his mojo again at Barrow,I would take him over an untested young u23 right now

Swap deal Stockton for lofty 🤔😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guppys left peg said:

Micky Adams calling him a coward in an interview after he got sent off and then not playing him for a while after probably contributed to that. He was definitely one who got away from us.

Yep, we could have built a team round him, which is pretty much what has happened wherever he's been.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Uche is shìte, that missed header last week was enough evidence you need. Middle of the goal 3 yards out, unchallenged and he doesn't even hit the target 😂 

Spend the wages on someone else.

Screenshot_20240501_085922_YouTube.jpg

I never have a problem with players getting in the box and missing chances. I used to date a girl who was friends with Ian Rush. Rush said he scored between 1 in 3 and 4 chances; he just worked hard to get into those positions.  My issue with Uche this season is he's only missed 1 every 3 or 4 games. For a lot of his career he's scored 1 in 4. More recently he hasn't.  If Moore believes he can get him scoring 1 : 4 (11/12 a season) he's not a bad signing. Moore will be judged on what he achieves; if he signs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Splodger said:

Ben Garretty hasn't done so badly from non league .. they're out there if you look hard enough 

Yes but we didn’t take him from Non league, we took him from Blackpool, where he was so highly regarded the offered him a contract extension after proving himself in the football league with Oldham, then a league club, the previous year. 

4 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Agree with all these. Also just seen that John Marquis has been released by Bristol too. I don’t think there’s any denying that all would improve our squad. 

John Marquis would keep medical team busy , kind of L4L swap for Wilson 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

He was offered a contract but chose not to sign. He had a poor relationship with Adams because one of the senior pros who acted as Adams’ spy heard him bad mouthing the boss in the dressing room and reported it back to Adams. 

Pretty much. He was also baffled that Adams preferred Griffiths over him and there were a number of other issues with the manager. Some players also didn't like Sam staying behind after training and doing things like free kick practising on his own for a couple of hours. Ironically one player from the promotion team has played in a World Cup, is a multi millionaire and will be playing in The Premiership next year. Maybe the hard work paid off.

9 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

He was offered a two year contract and pretty much said he wasn't going to sign it straight away. Adams and Morsy had a difficult relationship.  Ironically for such a bad egg Sam has Captained Chesterfield to the league one playoffs, Captained Wigan and then Captained Ipswich to 2 promotions.  In addition he was player of the year in his first season at Chesterfield when they won promotion from league 2 and played for Wigan when promoted from league 1. He's been in 2 PFA teams and twice supporters player of the year. Sam Morsy was always a polite, incredibly well mannered young man off the pitch and remains so. Why Adams was unable to manage him remains a mystery and also leads me to believe there was probably more than one side to the Burge story. The difference was he kept his head down and got out. Sam has Captained sides for 9 of the 11 seasons since he left the club; yet he really hasn't changed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

That’s still far more top tier  games than the non league names we are being linked to. 

I won’t argue about Uche being poor but the guy was linked with Charlton and a return to Wycombe in Jan.

Added to that, I hear little of us signing anyone better, aside from non league and 4th tier “legends” 

I'm not even bringing non-league players into the discussion, so, it's not really an argument because its not part of it.

We are discussing Uche on his own merrits.

Not sure how accurate the reports are that he was linked with Charlton, not heard the Wycombe one before but if they were interested, why did they not sign him?

And if they are interested, they are more than welcome to him now

5 hours ago, MBE said:

You make a valid point and would highlight Tom Pope( albeit much better player) as similar.

Ask Adam Le Fondre and James Vaughan who the best strike partner they had to occupy defenders and create space for them. Only when Pope was the main man the rest is glorious history. Uche is obviously not good enough to be the main man.

My issue with Uche is value for money in wages. I don't feel it's worth it for a non scoring player.

Uche is credited with 21 assists throughout his 10 year league career, which I think is also poor.

I agree 100% with you that he is not value for money

9 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm not even bringing non-league players into the discussion, so, it's not really an argument because its not part of it.

We are discussing Uche on his own merrits.

Not sure how accurate the reports are that he was linked with Charlton, not heard the Wycombe one before but if they were interested, why did they not sign him?

And if they are interested, they are more than welcome to him now

Crosby commented on the Charlton story in a press conference,  the Wycombe link was speculation so possibly untrue.  He was 100% at Charlton with the expectation of signing. I don't believe the reason he didn't sign was ever officially made public; so might not have been medical. 

1 hour ago, JRC said:

I never have a problem with players getting in the box and missing chances. I used to date a girl who was friends with Ian Rush. Rush said he scored between 1 in 3 and 4 chances; he just worked hard to get into those positions.  My issue with Uche this season is he's only missed 1 every 3 or 4 games. For a lot of his career he's scored 1 in 4. More recently he hasn't.  If Moore believes he can get him scoring 1 : 4 (11/12 a season) he's not a bad signing. Moore will be judged on what he achieves; if he signs.

Uche certainly is no Ian Rush.

Uche played 327 games score 58 goals which works out about 1 goal in every 5.6 games.

He's only scored 17 goals in the last 6 season's which puts him at, on average, scoring less than 3 goals per season.

No thank you.

• Like 1