onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Flitcroft gone

Bede

8 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

There's another interpretation of that letter which is that Carol was setting the stage for his dismissal/resignation, giving him some face to walk away with, which ever it was. Countless times a football owner has heaped praise on an employee and then administered the chop.

Given the situation It's the right ending as DF didn't do a good job in the most important task/goal in his job description, ie recruitment and over a period of time, ca 4 windows. Vale need a change, probably in the whole DoF/manager/recruitment process and it needs to be got right.

DF has gone, hopefully Carol will remain at the helm, there is no need for an immediate apology from Carol as I'm sure the story will come out over time, she's much more astute and savvy than the fans give her credit for.

She might praise herself next who knows! 

Advert

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I don't think we need a DOF 

Let the manager crack on with it 

Maybe, maybe not. Carols own admission, she doesn’t know much about the Football side so perhaps she needs a DOF to take charge of that side. It’s a shame Garlick has gone as he could have slotted nicely in to the role. We need a good recruitment team so perhaps this needs to be updated.

53 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apologies? Why not just let it go?  It was simply misguide from someone under a lot of pressure, no worse than that in my view.

Some things sting worse than others - for me it was not needed and a mere few weeks later he has departed, hardly covered in glory. - enjoy tomorrows breakfast GR 😍  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I've spent most of the season looking at the floor from my viewpoint in the Hamil  ! Shaking my head or head in hands. 

Darren, can you post a view of the terracing in the Hamil so that I can see if it’s different to my view of the terrace in the RP. 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rory said:

It's hard for Port Vale in League One to be fair. 

We've got to get somebody else in to oversee the football side now anyway. Time to go out and get a competent manager, turn around a football team used to losing, and get promotion from League Two quickly. I wonder if we can get somebody in to do that as well as David Flitcroft did it.

Rory, I just want to be entertained at VP. Win, lose or draw.

• Thanks 1

I don't think he had any choice but to leave. He oversaw a relegation battle last season and we are currently adrift one place off the bottom this season. His recruitment team, his manager, his plan, his failure. Its called taking responsibility just a shame it took so long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I don't think we need a DOF 

Let the manager crack on with it 

Nippy as an experiment and if DM wants that, it might be worth giving it a go until the end of the season. However when the final whistle is blown at the end of this season, that’s when our pre season starts. Should we decide that we will have a DoF, should they be a friend of DM.? Not necessarily but there has to be some cohesion at the club and in house falling outs aren’t going to help anyone. 

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apologies? Why not just let it go?  It was simply misguide from someone under a lot of pressure, no worse than that in my view.

Ray, whilst I agree with you, somewhat. I was told by a person who works at VP,that she was advised by everyone at the club not to make the statement because of the back lash but she made the decision to do it, going against others advice. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hoppers said:

I wonder how much Carol has bent DMs ear about "the departure"

Like most, I think this is a real turning point for the club. We have a manager with a successful pedigree, who will have many contacts in the game re players etc.

relegation is a certainty, but lets face it, we have hardly seen a good game of football since we were in league 2 - id much rather be close to the top of a division (whichever division that may be) than languishing at rock bottom of a division. Just ask Leek, Congleton and Crewe fans if they are happy 😍

Could also ask Stoke fans as well 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍👍

You would struggle to get an answer from a Stoke fan as their mouths would be full of pie😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Did anyone listen to the hastily arranged Grumble and Grumble last night at all ?

I decided to watch the darts but was quite tempted to put RS on. 

I listened to it. Not a lot of extra insight to what we've already heard, but some interesting bits from Sproson and Yates 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Right decision and will benefit Port Vale in the long run if not the short run to the end of this season.

My view on Carol is that I try to judge people on intentions over execution.

Her intentions are absolutely to do the best she can for Port Vale. That gets her a significant amount of leeway in my eyes.

The execution hasn’t been perfect and it’s clear as a person she is very loyal and tends to hold on to people for too long when it’s clear they should go.

Its not the worst fault in the world, I can name many MANY worse by just looking at previous owners.

Absolutely. Saving, balancing and developing a football club is a mammoth, ongoing task. 2 steps forward 1 step back and constant problems at all clubs at all levels. She’s an incredibly generous and devoted owner. No doubt Flitcroft did some decent things but this calendar year has been totally unacceptable and have exposed fundamental issues that needed to be addressed. No doubt he would have carried on if passionate fans had not spoken up or been gaslighted into accepting the normal at the club. Just get a decent director of football now Carol. 

• Like 1