onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Neal

Ben

Advert

Blue & Amber board seem to have a similar attitude towards him that many on here had towards Tomo (either sign the contract or clear off).

It could be the case though that he thinks Shrews are lining up a new first choice keeper and he's not interested in sitting on the bench next season.

Another quote from a Notts fan regarding Nelson after i asked him his opinion.

"Ah, Stuart. That boy is one hell of an enigma.

Most of the time he's really very good. Saves penalties for fun, capable of some outstanding reflex saves and has games where he seems to claim absolutely everything. But he makes really horrific mistakes on a pretty regular basis. Last season, they include letting Preston's goalkeeper score from his own area, diving out of the way of a shot at Wycombe and single handedly getting us knocked out of the FA Cup by charging out of his goal against Stevenage then falling over. On balance though, I think he'd be an alright signing for League Two. He sort of evens himself out over a season, probably. Seems a decent bloke too, likes a good goal celebration."

Just had a text from a quite reliable source thet we are signing Chris Neal goalkeeper from the

Shrews tomorrow we will see.

After all the abuse he got about his mother at the rearranged game, I wouldn't come near us!

He did have a smile about it though I suppose ! :laugh:

Are you sure you've got the right Shrews keeper there??

Thats the name I was given last night Jean he has been offered a 1 year deal at Shrews we have offered him 2 years and he had spoked to MA yesterday and had agreed to sign we will see.

If you look at the really top goalkeepers they are calm figures - Iker Casillas for example. I admit he is a superb footballer as well as goalkeeper but he is just calm and confident all the time. Edwin Van der Sar was the same, a man who new the percentages in every situation and that was how he played. We don't want the keeper who rushes out and clogs the forward or the one that comes for cross after cross and misses 60% of them or the one with poor concentration that lets three goals a season in that will feature in a future fun football DVD. Just want boring, confident, agile, reliable.

Archived