onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford (H) match thread - 16th March

robf

Advert

Yes please got to be better than this sh!t show to see a tackle would be lovely and to see someone run well that would be spoiling us and as for a productive hoof into an opposition box to fight for a loose ball an maybe create a shot on target would be great and an improvement on this ultra entertaining p!ssing around with it in our own half waiting for the inevitable mistake to gift the opposition a goal then creating the massive no shots on target that's none a big fat zip zilch zero shots on target then I'm in ring Mr ainsworth now
You can also add to that, a manager who has consistently proved himself to be successful at this level, whilst working on a relatively small budget. People say his football is boring. Well every time I've watched them played Vale, I've found his football fast and attacking. True not pretty but a damn site more entertaining than what we have suffered for the last two seasons.
The fact that he is an ex player is irrelevant. He is what we need for this level of football.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

On 16/03/2024 at 19:35, Jacko51 said:

You say not much between the clubs financially but they paid £400,000 for Goodwin in January. When did we last pay a fee like that?

Their owners put in £2m a year to subsidise wages, and not in loans. 

10 hours ago, Granville said:

For all the clamouring for Ainsworth, he is on record saying he's touring with his band and quite happy doing that.

Plus bar his playing career here and short spell at Lincoln the bloke has spent his entire life managing down South - he seems to be settled near London and has plenty of interests outside football. 

Why on EARTH would he come here? Please none of this "he loves the club", its a business to him like it is any other manager. 

He'd come if it was worth relocating and was financially recompensed for his time to a high degree. 

In our current state NEITHER of those things are at all likely. 

Moore was who everyone wanted 7 games ago, now we want rid - dare I suggest the problem is not the manager? It goes deeper than that, to the core and ethos of the whole football club where failure is accepted, critique is dismissed and frowned upon, external scrutiny blocked out and where a belief that off the pitch community work somehow entitles us to be in the top ten of this division. 

I got the feeling Ainsworth was a bit peeved when asked on Sky about if he'd been interviewed for our job. He's hardly in The Killers or The Eagles. I think his music wouldn't deter him.

However you're correct. The problem lies deeper than the manager. That is absolutely clear. There's a complacency and general malaise that runs deeper.

We've got to stick with Moore. Personally though I've got a hunch he might walk. 

You can also add to that, a manager who has consistently proved himself to be successful at this level, whilst working on a relatively small budget. People say his football is boring. Well every time I've watched them played Vale, I've found his football fast and attacking. True not pretty but a damn site more entertaining than what we have suffered for the last two seasons.
The fact that he is an ex player is irrelevant. He is what we need for this level of football.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

I would love a boring 3 nil win at home balls flying into the box tackles flying in players committed to the cause.

Does no harm to dream.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I got the feeling Ainsworth was a bit peeved when asked on Sky about if he'd been interviewed for our job. He's hardly in The Killers or The Eagles. I think his music wouldn't deter him.

However you're correct. The problem lies deeper than the manager. That is absolutely clear. There's a complacency and general malaise that runs deeper.

We've got to stick with Moore. Personally though I've got a hunch he might walk. 

I think Moore will walk as well 

• Like 4

Copy and Paste from previous home games.

Started well, concede a corner, concede a goal, heads drop... second half miss and one on one, conceded 5 minutes later from another corner... have a late rally where we huff and puff.

Each home game is identical at this point with the same goals conceded, same performance levels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All I can say about sat is this why are we so poor as a team when we concede a goal .

Does it not hurt us to fall behind

Where's the annoyance at falling behind .

Where's the character to come back .

Where's the pride in the shirt 

Why do other teams get out too easily .

Why are our players yards off the pace .

So many whys .

The biggest Why for me is why has Carol allowed this downturn to continue .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dipepa delight said:

All I can say about sat is this why are we so poor as a team when we concede a goal .

So many whys .

Welcome back Breadwinner, VFIA, Devine. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So many whys .

Welcome back VFIA.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1