onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst vale team ever

In my mind, this is one of the worse teams that I have seen in 40 years. I don't think that individually the players are worse than some I have seen, but there is zero unity. They look bereft of team spirit (something we had in abundance under Clarke and Adams) and we need to almost build them up again from the ground

• Like 3

Advert

2 hours ago, bennymole said:

I dont think there is one ounce of team unity. Truly awful. I would be dropping Smith and Ripley from the squad entirely. All they do is argue with one another, and it is constant. As soon as something goes wrong no matter who the culprit they cant wait to turn around and gob off at each other. Pair of cokwombles. There is not a chance on earth Ripley passed the so called DH test.

Ripley has a lot to get annoyed with Smith about. The guy looks totally disinterested. Which to be fair has not ever really been something you could accuse him of in his career with vale. 

• Like 1

I saw someone say that we are on a par with the Bruno/Brown team of 2016/17 but not quite as bad as the Foyle/Sinnott team of 2007/08, and I tend to agree.
There have been worse Vale sides in the fourth tier. The Pugh/Tonge axis of evil immediately springs to mind.
Brunos side were better. The worst in my 25+ years of watching vale was the Brown/Aspins team of 17/18 and 18/19. The football was horrific and the players were worse than what we have now.

Wikipedia suggests that the biggest win we had in 17/18 was 4-0 vs Luton. How times change eh?

Only good thing to come out of those two seasons was David Worrall signing for us.

Askeys second season was garbage aswell untill the messiah got the managers job.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Row L said:

In my mind, this is one of the worse teams that I have seen in 40 years. I don't think that individually the players are worse than some I have seen, but there is zero unity. They look bereft of team spirit (something we had in abundance under Clarke and Adams) and we need to almost build them up again from the ground

Says a lot about Moore-what a major fup

1 hour ago, Row L said:

Well said 👍🏽

2 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Anybody on here remember Crewe 1 Vale 5 when Bernie Wright turned into Alan Shearer in the second half. Night match standing on loose rocks behind the goal. Best times ever as a 16 year old....

One of my favourite games. I remember towards the end, a Crewe throw in and Bernie stood on the line in front of him, laughing at him. The Crewe lad didn't know what to do and was bricking himself...😂......we were leaning over the wall laughing at him!

• Like 1

Totally agree

53 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Says a lot about Moore-what a major fup

I'm not sure its down to Moore. He hasn't given the bounce that I was expecting, but it was an unbalanced and dispirited squad long long before he joined. We haven't been a real unit all season.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

Brunos side were better. The worst in my 25+ years of watching vale was the Brown/Aspins team of 17/18 and 18/19. The football was horrific and the players were worse than what we have now.

Wikipedia suggests that the biggest win we had in 17/18 was 4-0 vs Luton. How times change eh?

Only good thing to come out of those two seasons was David Worrall signing for us.

Askeys second season was garbage aswell untill the messiah got the managers job.

The Aspin side was a strange one as for 2 games they looked "world beaters"(for 4th tier level) against Coventry and Luton which I think put us within a couple of wins of the playoffs and had us dreaming of a better 2nd half of the season then we went on a 14 game run without a win!!  Whitfield's goal against Chesterfield "metophorically" saved us and basically sent them down but at 1-1 it was touch and go in that game. 

You're right though it's the only side where I've felt we could lose our league status(so could easily described as the worst), when Pugh got sent off in that game I genuinely feared the worst.  For some reason I just think the 07-09 teams had some worse outright shockers(player and performance wise), maybe it's because the anger in V2001 was starting to build at the time and I remember it more vividly as I was involved with the first lot of protesting 2 or 3 years later.

That said as bad as Sinnott and Glover's team was 08/09 I never actually felt they'd go out of the league as I think Chester were dreadful and Luton had that ridiculous point deduction that meant staying up was nigh on impossible

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

The Aspin side was a strange one as for 2 games they looked "world beaters"(for 4th tier level) against Coventry and Luton which I think put us within a couple of wins of the playoffs and had us dreaming of a better 2nd half of the season then we went on a 14 game run without a win!!  Whitfield's goal against Chesterfield "metophorically" saved us and basically sent them down but at 1-1 it was touch and go in that game. 

You're right though it's the only side where I've felt we could lose our league status(so could easily described as the worst), when Pugh got sent off in that game I genuinely feared the worst.  For some reason I just think the 07-09 teams had some worse outright shockers(player and performance wise), maybe it's because the anger in V2001 was starting to build at the time and I remember it more vividly as I was involved with the first lot of protesting 2 or 3 years later.

That said as bad as Sinnott and Glover's team was 08/09 I never actually felt they'd go out of the league as I think Chester were dreadful and Luton had that ridiculous point deduction that meant staying up was nigh on impossible

The win 4-0 win over Luton was incredible. One of the best performances I’ve seen at Vale Park. Especially good given that Luton were flying that season. It ended up 4 but could, and probably should, have been 6 or 7 we were that good. Totally out of kilter with the rest of our performances that season. 

Edited by Rudgies Flat Cap
  • Like 1