onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worst vale team ever

We’ve all heard tales of a manager “losing the dressing room”.  Is DM the first manager since Brian Clough at Leeds in the 1970s to never gain the dressing room.

”take all your medals and throw them in that skip, because you won them by cheating!”

Advert

1 hour ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Was that the year we played Brentford away when Robbie was photographed for the first time out with his now-wife?? That was one of the limpest performances I’ve seen, so bad we left on 70 mins at 2-0 down and went the pubs on each of the 4 sides. 

There was also the Bramall Lane horror show when they had the ball in the back of the net 8 times but thankfully 4 were chalked off (might have been the relegation year).

I was at the Brentford away game and met Robbie buying a “Derek” chatting away with Andy. That was 2009…

We have a huge amount of crap in the squad but I don’t believe it’s the worst I’ve ever seen in 40 years.

What I will say is that it’s the most pathetic and gutless.

Some of them have no self pride. If they don’t care about the club then fair enough. If they don’t like it because fans are digging them out then fair enough. But at least have pride in yourself and put a shift in.

The podcast got it spot on with Massey on Saturday. 
When describing his performance it was didn’t do anything bad, didn’t do anything good. Exactly! That sum equates to didn’t do enough! And I’m not just digging him out, there’s many others. They don’t do enough. Our kitman must have the easiest job going because most of those players don’t sweat or get the kit dirty.

This group of players look bored. They play like it’s a chore and that energy eventually zaps the terraces. Somehow, they managed to bore the life of 12,000 fans in a quarter final of a league cup! The biggest game most will have in their lives!

The fans can’t be bothered to go down to Orient tomorrow because, let’s face it, the players can’t either. I dare say you’ll find two players buzzing to wear that shirt tomorrow. 
If the lot of them went tomorrow I wouldn’t be bothered.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I was at the Brentford away game and met Robbie buying a “Derek” chatting away with Andy. That was 2009…

When the Horse and Gannon were on the bus and one had to be left at the services. 

either that or Bruno and Sinnott eras

1 hour ago, BlytheValiant said:

We’ve all heard tales of a manager “losing the dressing room”.  Is DM the first manager since Brian Clough at Leeds in the 1970s to never gain the dressing room.

”take all your medals and throw them in that skip, because you won them by cheating!”

Fair to say not many in the squad have many medals to sacrifice. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wrex said:

I wonder what Carlisle fans are saying about their lot some 9 points below us.

Anyway, 2008-09, 18th in League Two with Danny Glover and Kyle Perry up front.

2017-18 and 2018-19, 20th in League Two with having won 2 league games in the second half of the 2017-18 season

Difficult to compare a poor third tier team to a poor fourth tier team. I'm sure Derby's 11 point Premier League team (which included Darren Moore actually) would beat the team that got us promoted out of League Two without much effort.

Glover and Perry two bang average strikers but sadly would prob walk into this team 

• Like 1

1979-80 was a rough one, but as bad as they were it was balanced, in other words we had players in all the correct positions, defenders midfield and strikers, trouble was they were just rubbish at football, this team has no balance, with quite a few positions not filled and not been all season despite opportunities to correct the situation, I'm not saying this lot are rubbish at football because the team has no balance and we have been asking players to do a job they don't normally do, but I have to say I have no connection with this lot, I don't enjoy watching them, the perseverance with the possession based game drove me to distraction,20 passes then back to the most creative player in the side Ripley and after the Middlesborough game I gave up, the total lack of fight and the thought we could outfootball by playing walking football was unbelievable to me.

So for me 2023-24 is right up there as one of the worst.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

We have a huge amount of crap in the squad but I don’t believe it’s the worst I’ve ever seen in 40 years.

What I will say is that it’s the most pathetic and gutless.

Some of them have no self pride. If they don’t care about the club then fair enough. If they don’t like it because fans are digging them out then fair enough. But at least have pride in yourself and put a shift in.

The podcast got it spot on with Massey on Saturday. 
When describing his performance it was didn’t do anything bad, didn’t do anything good. Exactly! That sum equates to didn’t do enough! And I’m not just digging him out, there’s many others. They don’t do enough. Our kitman must have the easiest job going because most of those players don’t sweat or get the kit dirty.

This group of players look bored. They play like it’s a chore and that energy eventually zaps the terraces. Somehow, they managed to bore the life of 12,000 fans in a quarter final of a league cup! The biggest game most will have in their lives!

The fans can’t be bothered to go down to Orient tomorrow because, let’s face it, the players can’t either. I dare say you’ll find two players buzzing to wear that shirt tomorrow. 
If the lot of them went tomorrow I wouldn’t be bothered.

Spot on.

In 45 years I've seen worse teams than the current one, but can't recall one that cared less.

The lack of fight and professional pride this squad displays is disgraceful. A very small handful look like they care, the majority are doing no more than  collecting a wage.

Honestly, I've had enough. There's roughly 15 of my group who go pretty much every game - aged 14 to 76. We've all decided to miss Burton, if the players can't be bothered neither can we.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I think the Bruno / Brown team from last time we got relegated was pretty horrific too. I seem to remember we had literally no CB’s so had to ship Andre Bikey and Ryan Taylor in, whilst relying on deadly JJ Hooper and big Reg for goals. I think Bikey and Des Walker’s lad (Tyler was it?) got injured just as they were starting to look good. I’d say this team is worse though, I literally cannot see us winning another game.

Michael Brown managed to sign Chis Eagles for the second half of that season with his Prem Lge feet and footballing brain and he nearly single handedly kept us up, Bikey was an excellent acquisition also.

Brown lost Alnwick, Grant and Alex Jones just before the Jan transfer window closed and Tom Anderson earlier, if just one of the first 3 had stayed Vale may have just survived.

I can remember been hacked off the season after as Eagles opted to go and join Owen Coyle at Ross County, Tom Pope had been re-signed by Brown and the mouthwatering prospect of Eagles providing the crosses for Tom Pope didn't happen.

This team is current team is not bad as 79 Alan Bloor side and to be brutally honest individually their are some decent players there . But what I am seeing is a confused , demotivated ,lacking confidence and concentration.  The damage to squad was done by Crosby and then `DF who has messed with there heads 

DM has not got a chance with these as they are mourning the lost of their best mate Crosby . 
Hate to say this Carols doubling down to save Flitcroft suggest that an inadequate budget was offered to strengthen in January. 
This mess is totally self inflicted and all at the club should be ashamed 

• Like 3

When youngen scored his first ever goal on Saturday, I'm pretty sure NOT ONE PLAYER went to congratulate/hug him (unless my eyesight is failing me - apologies if I'm wrong) - does that say something about our team unity/"togetherness"