onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

5 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Doubt any relegation clause will release him on a free. So If he’s not free who would buy him?

Who knows what his contract is etc etc as you say he’s not going anywhere for free if he’s under contract. Ability wise he will have some teams interested I’m sure 

Advert

While Ojo would be good in league 2, his attitude absolutely stinks. He’s downed tools two seasons in a row now, and can do one as far as im concerned. What’s more worrying is how many people would keep sang. The only defender i would keep through choice is smith, as hes proven at league 2 level and Clarke if he can stay fit. The rest are genuinely atrocious. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

While Ojo would be good in league 2, his attitude absolutely stinks. He’s downed tools two seasons in a row now, and can do one as far as im concerned. What’s more worrying is how many people would keep sang. The only defender i would keep through choice is smith, as hes proven at league 2 level and Clarke if he can stay fit. The rest are genuinely atrocious. 

The yak will be fine for league 2 level. Yes he’s clumsy at times but he’s also had some very good games this season in league 1. What about Cass he’s proven himself to be ok in that division before? 

Edited by Vtid

1 hour ago, Vtid said:

The yak will be fine for league 2 level. Yes he’s clumsy at times but he’s also had some very good games this season in league 1. What about Cass he’s proven himself to be ok in that division before? 

I dont rate him, though maybe he will be better in league 2. If i was to compare him to defenders we had in league 2, i would say he was more of an Aaron martin than a Connor hall. Im open minded about cass. i was pleased when he signed but he didnt quite make the grade in league 1. Is he still in contract? 

17 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

I dont rate him, though maybe he will be better in league 2. If i was to compare him to defenders we had in league 2, i would say he was more of an Aaron martin than a Connor hall. Im open minded about cass. i was pleased when he signed but he didnt quite make the grade in league 1. Is he still in contract? 

Oh he’s no Connor hall I agree with that 😆 Pretty sure he’ll do us a decent enough job in league 2. Think all our defence struggled with the step up. I’m not sure about Cass’ contract mate 

Even though I reckon a good few of our players will be able to hold their own next season, some (Garrity, Chissy, Ripley) even top end of League 2. However, I do think that we need to break up parts of the squad in order to break up the lack of mental strength.

No blood, new quality and a new belief.

8 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

Sang would be the first one out of the door. Not only is he not a footballer, he’s also blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes. 

It may be a controversial thing to say but make our pitch smaller too. It hasn’t worked to our advantage at all. 

Seen Cass mentioned a couple of times. Is he still under contract for next season? 

Edited by PV1973

Every player you could go through and go yeah he be OK in league 2 .

When you give out contracts you are trusting the judgement of person who has signed them

Rewarding players with contracts is not easy .

Depends where you shopping if go to Harrods the quality of produce is going be better than Asda George but what if you can only afford Asda George. 

For years I think we have cut our cloth well .

Carol said we had to be self sustainable did she not .

The thing is when they wanted the 10 thousand gates to survive and prosper there was no great imagination in dragging the folk who come to etihad Bristol Rover H Newport H to keep coming and not getting striker's was only going end one way .

Losing home games doesn't help we are a soft touch. 

Win home games in future. 

15 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

I agree with most of that but I can't see us keeping chis and garrity. So Darren or whoever is incharge of recruitment is gonna have a very busy window.

What sort of fees though? Both under contract.

£200,000-£300,000 each?

That would be more than enough for a competent recruitment team to build a playoff squad.

13 hours ago, Vtid said:

Yeah I agree with this.

He can be our left footed John McCombe.

Trouble is with our defenders, we've been asking them to be something they're not. Bringing the ball out of defence and playing 70 yard balls isn't anywhere near their skill set. Another one of Flitcroft/Crobsy's delusions.

Head it. Kick it. Block it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Yeah I agree with this.

He can be our left footed John McCombe.

Trouble is with our defenders, we've been asking them to be something they're not. Bringing the ball out of defence and playing 70 yard balls isn't anywhere near their skill set. Another one of Flitcroft/Crobsy's delusions.

Head it. Kick it. Block it.

Coooooooom! 😆 100% mate if they were asked to simply defend as you say head, kick & block with the odd bit of sheethousery the likes of smith, yak & Debrah should be alright especially at league 2 level 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JohnDoe said:

What’s more worrying is how many people would keep sang. The only defender i would keep through choice is smith, as hes proven at league 2 level and Clarke if he can stay fit. The rest are genuinely atrocious. 

Sang isn't a defender, that's the thing. He's a midfielder who can fill in at right-back when needed. Because of atrocious recruitment he has been needed to play right-back all season. I wouldn't say any of the players deserve anything, but Sang could certainly warrant an arguement that playing nearly 50 games out of position in League One, when so many other players have gone missing with injuries or just not fancying it, that he deserves to be given a chance in his proper position in midfield in League Two.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Sang isn't a defender, that's the thing. He's a midfielder who can fill in at right-back when needed. Because of atrocious recruitment he has been needed to play right-back all season. I wouldn't say any of the players deserve anything, but Sang could certainly warrant an arguement that playing nearly 50 games out of position in League One, when so many other players have gone missing with injuries or just not fancying it, that he deserves to be given a chance in his proper position in midfield in League Two.

Sang does put some lovely balls into the box for no-one to run on to, that isn't his fault though. I think he is good when played in the right position.

• Like 2