onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

Advert

36 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

"A significant part of the discussion focused on the current football situation and the role of Director of Football". That's probably what everyone wanted to know.

Was Fraudcrofts incompetence regarding recruitment spoken about at length ? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

"A significant part of the discussion focused on the current football situation and the role of Director of Football". That's probably what everyone wanted to know.

Tell us more if you were present. 

I can read the comment. Unfortunately the comment is open to so much misinterpretation. Then people are ready to jump on ones back and make snide remarks if they disagree with someones own interpretation.

Far better to let all know. Isnt that what Black n Gold, Supporters club etc etc were there for. I know for certain that some people already have received information from the meeting.

• Like 1

I think we should be told more than we have been but I understand not everyone may have the same priority for answers.
Bearing in mind the ever increasing chants for Flitcroft to get out of our club, the result of OVF’s ‘Flitcroft Out’ poll and the club statement that Flitcroft is responsible for everything that touches the football, I would have liked answers to three questions in particular:

Do we have a budget that, used wisely, should mean we are not fighting against relegation?

If we are relegated is Flitcroft ultimately responsible?

If not who is?

The answers to these questions should indicate whether Flitcroft is untouchable or not and whether those fans who find him too difficult to stomach, should find alternative arrangements for Saturday afternoons.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I think what people are frustrated at rob is the fact that things have been explained to a handful of people and the rest of us are left here guessing. If anything id expect a 'supporters club' to now explain to us fans what was said in the meeting.

Fair enough. I don't feel the need to know but it seems like plenty of others do.

I guess it depends on what was said, whether anything was confidential and so on...

It sounds like this may be the first in several meetings and when you do something for the first time it's always a bit of a learning curve.

Perhaps the supporters groups will learn from the response to the first meeting and take onboard all this feedback and comments about more details being made available for future meetings?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, robf said:

Yes and there was a statement with a summary of what was discussed. Isn't that telling the supporters what was discussed?

I wasn't at the meeting, so I don't know what was said but to me the statement seems to give a reasonable summary. I don't need to hear every word uttered and I'm not sure there should be the expectation to do so  Perhaps others disagree with me.

However, what is more important to me is that it looks like this will herald regular discussions between fans and the club and a chance for both sides to talk to each other and raise concerns.  I don't expect a single meeting will solve all the issues. This meeting is a first step and for me it's a positive that the club and the fans groups are talking again. 

A significant part of the meeting focused on the current football situation and the role of the D of F, differing views, mutual respect and improvement needed.

Many will interpret that how they want to, rightly or wrongly !

Carol - will never change her views on D.F. He can do no wrong

D M - is now in sole charge of all footballing matters.

Might also cut down on the amount of bickering on here too.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Why not address all us fans at a fans forum surely everything that was said should be visible to all fans not just a handful? How is that helpful?? Why have we not been told what was discussed. I feel so disconnected! A fans forum lets us know whats going on. I can accept bad decisions i can accept mistakes. But front them. Dont hide away telling us to support the club when we all spend endless money following them home and away and the hide away when things arent going our way. Fed up of it all to be honest

To be fair to the club you can’t do a forum. it would be an absolute free fall with how high feelings are at the moment and probably counter productive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Jean nothing but lip service. We say we don’t need one she says we do and blows smoke up his backside, even after his abysmal record. Rinse repeat end of discussion. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I have only been a fan for 25 years so I guess it isn't important that I was unaware of this meeting until two days after the event. I suspect that the majority of fans will decide for themselves if they want to continue to watch the football on offer which has been poor for some time. 

Twenty five years is a long time to be a fan of any club. 👍