onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

PVFC Meet delegation of fans regarding current concerns

Just now, Wozza4England said:

OMFG, are you and Fosse doing this deliberately? Surely no-one is this dumb.

I MISINTERPRETED ROB’S POST BECAUSE HE MISSED OUT AN IMPORTANT WORD. 

I got it wrong because Rob accidentally left out a word that would have prevented any misinterpretation.

I’m actually losing the will to live trying to make it any simpler.

My post was a joke.  Chill.

• Haha 1

Advert

2 hours ago, robf said:

Entirely agree. I think it's good the club and fans groups are meeting and talking frankly. For what it's worth, my opinion piece on it is here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2024/03/opinion-its-good-to-talk-so-port-vale-owners-listening-to-fans-can-only-be-a-good-thing/

That meeting was arranged with the thoughts and concerns of ALL the supporters.

Dont you, or others commenting on here, feel that us supporters deserve to know some of what was discussed in the meeting. Good or bad we should be told.

• Like 5

Why not address all us fans at a fans forum surely everything that was said should be visible to all fans not just a handful? How is that helpful?? Why have we not been told what was discussed. I feel so disconnected! A fans forum lets us know whats going on. I can accept bad decisions i can accept mistakes. But front them. Dont hide away telling us to support the club when we all spend endless money following them home and away and the hide away when things arent going our way. Fed up of it all to be honest

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

That meeting was arranged with the thoughts and concerns of ALL the supporters.

Dont you, or others commenting on here, feel that us supporters deserve to know some of what was discussed in the meeting. Good or bad we should be told.

"A significant part of the discussion focused on the current football situation and the role of Director of Football". That's probably what everyone wanted to know.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pvfc1994 said:

A joint statement that didn't really say anything at all. All talk and no action or solutions. Why not release a transcript of the meeting? Why not organise an open fans forum? It's all well and good saying the club was 'open and honest' and then not providing anything to back it up. Carol's open letter told me everything I need to know about what they think of fans and their opinions. Why wasn't Flitcroft there if his role was the significant part of the meeting? Must be scared of being called out without scripted questions and club edited podcasts. 

I'm sick of hearing 'biggest game of the season','must win', 'back the lads' and 'we will improve' and then the fans doing their best to get behind the team and then ultimately getting beaten comfortably every single game. I actually think the fans have been quite patient with how things are being handled by the club. We are abysmal on the pitch and all of this was avoidable, the past 18 months have been a car crash. They've been living under a rock and hiding for months. 

Spot on the money this. I think that those with the 'say so' honestly believe that what they are doing is right and the way to go - I think they are living in cloud cuckoo land and have lost the heart of the club "The fans" as a result.

It's interesting, sad and indicative of the problems in the Club at the moment, to read some of the scepticism on this thread. 

I think most of this could have been avoided had there been better leadership and communication from the Club.  Is there a fan representative on the Board?  If not, one would be a very useful conduit for feeding back fans' feelings and concerns. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Why not address all us fans at a fans forum surely everything that was said should be visible to all fans not just a handful? How is that helpful?? Why have we not been told what was discussed. I feel so disconnected! A fans forum lets us know whats going on. I can accept bad decisions i can accept mistakes. But front them. Dont hide away telling us to support the club when we all spend endless money following them home and away and the hide away when things arent going our way. Fed up of it all to be honest

I'd bet there will be some fan forum events coming in the summer. 

I would imagine this meeting was called as an impromptu crisis management meeting; so holding a forum for everyone just wasn't practical. Nor desireable either, it's not especially great press.

I'm not quite sure what this 'being told what was discussed' means. It mentions what topics were discussed. Are we expecting a transcript, or something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MBE said:

What’s wrong with that?

A temperature check of fans feelings to report back into the club.

Seriously what’s wrong with that?

You can’t then complain they don’t listen to fans.

It's sneaky I don't like it 🤔

And it's a free speech country 🙄

So I can complain when I want 😆

Have a nice day , 👍

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Yes and there was a statement with a summary of what was discussed. Isn't that telling the supporters what was discussed?

I wasn't at the meeting, so I don't know what was said but to me the statement seems to give a reasonable summary. I don't need to hear every word uttered and I'm not sure there should be the expectation to do so  Perhaps others disagree with me.

However, what is more important to me is that it looks like this will herald regular discussions between fans and the club and a chance for both sides to talk to each other and raise concerns.  I don't expect a single meeting will solve all the issues. This meeting is a first step and for me it's a positive that the club and the fans groups are talking again. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wootter said:

Probably not invited because you are all miserable negative doom mongering bast&&&s ???

at least in league 2 we can win a few games 

enjoy the day out and stop moaning

better than sitting at home with the missus

I can go the pub to get time away from the missus, what I don't want to do is watch a load of shyte on the pitch and pay 20 odd pound for the privilege, I expect to be entertained not sit there tearing my hair out after eveey match 

All I can say is you are easily pleased 

And I wouldn't bank on us winning more games in L2 if Fraudcroft is still in situ either 

I don't want to watch a load of shyte on the pitch and pay 20 odd quid for the privilege, we are entitled to voice our concerns , all I can say is you must be easily pleased and i wouldn't bank on us winning mire games in L2 either especially if Fraudcroft is.still head of recruitment but you keep dreaming , mate

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1

I have only been a fan for 25 years so I guess it isn't important that I was unaware of this meeting until two days after the event. I suspect that the majority of fans will decide for themselves if they want to continue to watch the football on offer which has been poor for some time. 

• Like 2