onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

He will still be here next season and no doubt wangle a huge pay rise for all his brilliance.  Same recruitment policy and another season with the same squad and no strikers no doubt.

Carol will still be hoodwinked by his powerpoint presentations on how the club is Championship Ready.

If that's the case she should sell up 

Advert

An abomination . I know you still have to clear the corner but what on earth was Smith doing 30 seconds previously.  Atrocious defending. 

As for Dan Jones. Today has convinced me he's colour blind. Never found a white shirt all game. His highlight was when he saw Mighten running towards him he punted it long where Mighten had just come from.

The whole defence is a disgraceful mess and the passing around again in the 6 yard caused Ripley to turn round angrily at the Hamil end. What's the clown expect.

Another low. Only question really is whether Carlisle can overhaul us. 

• Like 4

This is a Ratners moment "we sell crap" Shanahan will rue the day she publish that letter, we've been in some difficult situations in the past but what she and Fraudcroft have created has ruined my club, never since I set foot on the Lorne Street pavings in 1961 have I experienced such a dilemma as this, a new manager apart from the above it seems we now have a duffer of a manager who's pulled the wool, so far he couldn't inspire a team of kids, hoping against hope from now on.

• Like 1

Not looking good is it.

However, in the spirit of positivity (remember that?)

1 - Congratulations to Baylee Dipepa on his first ever league goal - one he will never forget, even if it was part of a defeat.

2 - I've got 2 tickets to Orient on Tuesday, and...er...well, that's it really, it seemed like a good idea at the time. There's a nice cafe nearby, so at least I'll get fed.

3 - Better days are ahead.  We'll go down, Flitcroft will fall on his sword because he failed to deliver, and we will get rid of the players who have let us down and buy some others who will....er...play for the Vale. And I'll rock up and watch them because I always have and I always will.

It's not easy this positivity thing is it?

Edited by Lornelounger
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lornelounger said:

Not looking good is it.

However, in the spirit of positivity (remember that?)

1 - Congratulations to Baylee Dipepa on his first ever league goal - one he will never forget, even if it was part of a defeat.

2 - I've got 2 tickets to Orient on Tuesday, and...er...well, that's it really, it seemed like a good idea at the time. There's a nice cafe nearby, so at least I'll get fed.

3 - Better days are ahead.  We'll go down, Flitcroft will fall on his sword because he failed to deliver, and we will get rid of the players who have let us down and buy some others who will....er...play for the Vale. And I'll rock and watch them because I always have and I always will.

It's not easy this positivity thing is it?

Oh come on do you really think Fraudcroft will resign 🙄

got more chance of us being L2 champions next season either Carol bins him off or she sells up because she'll be lucky if one man & his dog turn up watch that shyte next season 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

8 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Go woke go Broke

Dude they’ve just sold their business for £180 million. This is nothing to do with whatever definition of woke you’re using for gods sake. 

Just now, MBE said:

Well that’s me done. 

I just can’t watch players jogging around and not prepared to be physical anymore.

Every single ball played we played out of defence  was contested and under pressure. Every pass played by Shrewsbury the ball receiver had at least 4 yards of space to work with. Sorry but that’s just <ovf censored> basics when your backs are against the wall.

On this evidence the spa getaway this week, the new management team, the bloated sports science/physio department and the data analysts are a waste of money along with the man responsible for all of this mess.

Flitcroft Out your signings are useless.

Same. I've booked minibus for Burton and day on ale but I'm done till August. 

Seen far worse Vale teams than this and we are better placed off the pitch.

However I feel a real disconnect with the majority of the team. Obviously some exceptions. Really dislike this side .

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

Due to some other life stuff that’s happened this week, as well genuinely ruining my weekends with how angry this team made me, I decided not to go today. It’s the first time I’ve willingly not gone to a home game - bar when we starved out V2001.

Losing as many games as we have for 14 months is simply damaging for fans with any degree of emotional involvement. I had to remove myself. It felt wrong, I felt that I wasn’t a ‘proper’ fan - but I’ve had a much nicer afternoon than if I’d gone, as opposed to being seething and moody. I’m sure many will criticise me, but I couldn’t deal with another Saturday like this one would inevitably turn out. 

Feel for the fans who went and had some degree of hope. This is an awful team with absolute no fight, and a manager who, whilst dealt a poor hand, is playing it horrendously. 1 point from 6, is it? It’s appalling, and there are questions he needs to answer next season.

Everything I’ve heard from Carol suggests that Flitcroft is going nowhere, and we all need to come to terms with it. We know he’s the problem, but unless she has a Damascene conversion in the next few weeks, he’ll be in situ come August. 

For now, I’ve got my Saturdays back. I’ll a fool who’ll renew in the summer, but I’m not sure these players are worth the wasted Saturdays till May. The sun is coming, Euros in June, Carol won’t fold us. We will go down and the world won’t end. We’ll be back to 5000 total gates, and probably won’t come straight back up.

It’s rubbish, but what else can we do?

I agree. Exactly the same for me. I sacked it off to make an Apple Crumble for a family lunch tomorrow, that’s how angry, frustrated, disenchanted (insert own adjective) I’ve become this year. Crumble. Ummm.

The writing was on the wall from the word go…. no team should lose 7-0 and in hindsight, the flakiness we saw from that team has been prevalent since, especially since Ollie & Alfie went. 

For me, the kick up the arse should have come in the aftermath of the Boro game. An historic, massive, winnable game for the club and one of the most abject, lifeless performances I’ve ever seen since the ‘rabbits in the headlights’ 6-0 at Villa Park many moons ago.

So here we are. We’ve been sleepwalking back into L2 for 18 months.

The number of times people like myself and others have been derided for being naysayers when it’s been as clear as the nose on your face. 

Flitcroft will take us into the National League, I’ve no doubt about it. One word…. Bury. 

Edited by Biddulph_PV
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Gutless. Spineless. Heartless. Take what you want from that but that is my 3 words. When a young lad steps up to give us but a glimmer of hope of 3 points says says it all. 

David Flitcroft you have left a squad of players totally out of depth and inept of understanding the core values of the hardworking working class people who come and watch this team. 

This team fights for nothing and I repeat that nothing, but it's okay for them, they'll still get their salary

But what about us?

Remember that team during out promotion season? 

Were we the highest scorers in that division? No.

Did we perhaps have the best defensive record in that division? No.

Were we the best team in that division? - No.

Did we have the players with heart and desire to play for the badge? Oh yes.

I'll never forget Hartlepool away where we had to really grind for a result and every man and their dog in who represented Port Vale our club come out to the fans and give us recognition and celebrated - I knew then it was our time.

That's the complete difference with our promotion team and this team. There is no desire no heart no commitment to the average Joe fan the promotion team but their bodies and heart on the line for their goals and even though at times the goals seem hard or unreachable they never gave up.

Case in point our day at Wembley. 

Take all the fight spirit and togetherness out of the team that went up was there enough quality? Perhaps but I am not sure. 

That can be the difference but I am convinced these players do not give a sh** after today's results and that opinion will stand until the inevitable happens and we end up with the dreaded R against our name.

Edited by MiddleportValiant
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm confident this will be my 7th relegation.  Not sure getting rid of Crosby was the right move as we have got worse if anything.  Still a good finish from Baylee. Disappointing but the sun will rise again tomorrow.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1