onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Listened to Moores press conference.

He says the players have come to blows. In as many words anyway. As he says people had to step in and it shows they care. Now is that because they care or is that dressing room fractured? 
Im looking at leaders and good characters and don’t see many. Conlon and Pett lifted that play off trophy. Now I see a half arsed Ojo and Smith. Garrity is the only real leader I see. Certainly on the pitch. So prove us wrong.

Another thing I took from it was that he said they’ve taken a step back from what matters and that’s fight and passion. Now, I’ll say that this is because of the philosophy thrown upon these players by the DOF and Crosby. 
I said it after Middlesbrough. It was pathetic. Pass, pass, pass, tippy tappy crap. We’ve done it all season. We don’t make a <ovf censored> tackle. So hopefully we’ll see some blood and thunder from now to the end of the season.

His “war cry” to the fans was really good. I like how he’s trying to create a bond. I like the fact he acknowledges the superb support all season. All of that can only be a good thing.

And after all of that we get to the young lads. 
And I’m just rolling my eyes. 
It’s almost convincing the fans that they are world beaters and deserve to be there!! 
It’s like a script from Carol and David! 
Im sorry Darren but not one of them are good enough right now and shouldn’t be in this dog fight. 
And therein lies the problem. Because some of them are keeping senior players out of the team. And make no mistake those senior players aren’t good enough either! 

But. That being said. Fresh start on Saturday. He’s had a full week on the training pitch. So let’s see who is up for the fight and who isn’t.

A win gives us hope. 
A draw will be deflating. 
A defeat and you may as well turn off the lights.

It really is last chance saloon. 

Edited by Spunk Trumpet
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Advert

3 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

He says the players have come to blows. In as many words anyway. As he says people had to step in and it shows they care. Now is that because they care or is that dressing room fractured? 
Im looking at leaders and good characters and don’t see many. Conlon and Pett lifted that play off trophy. Now I see a half arsed Ojo and Smith. Garrity is the only real leader I see. Certainly on the pitch. So prove us wrong.

Another thing I took from it was that he said they’ve taken a step back from what matters and that’s fight and passion. Now, I’ll say that this is because of the philosophy thrown upon these players by the DOF and Crosby. 
I said it after Middlesbrough. It was pathetic. Pass, pass, pass, tippy tappy crap. We’ve done it all season. We don’t make a <ovf censored> tackle. So hopefully we’ll see some blood and thunder from now to the end of the season.

His “war cry” to the fans was really good. I like how he’s trying to create a bond. I like the fact he acknowledges the superb support all season. All of that can only be a good thing.

It’s almost convincing the fans that they are world beaters and deserve to be there!! 
Im sorry Darren but not one of them are good enough right now and shouldn’t be in this dog fight. 
And therein lies the problem. Because some of them are keeping senior players out of the team. And make no mistake those senior players aren’t good enough either! 

But. That being said. Fresh start on Saturday. He’s had a full week on the training pitch. So let’s see who is up for the fight and who isn’t.

A win gives us hope. 

A draw will be more than deflating. Unless we win the bookies will close the book on us !

16 hours ago, MBE said:

I watched 20 minutes of training today and can honestly say it’s the loudest and most intensive session I’ve seen this season. Admittedly I’ve only watched a handful of sessions this season, 20 minutes is a small sample size but it looked really well organised. 

Gives me hope for Saturday  the lads are finally going to be up for it. The manager certainly is! 

1st win of the year incoming 🤞

All good doing the work properly on the training field and showing commitment, but sadly we are not good enough as a squad for division 1 .😩😩 VTID 

57 minutes ago, Valient1961 said:

All good doing the work properly on the training field and showing commitment, but sadly we are not good enough as a squad for division 1 .😩😩 VTID 

I was at the game against Derby and there wasn’t much shouting from tge players when that third goal went in except from the fans shouting get Flitcroft out of thour club and its time to redress  that on Saturday as a win is essential 

• Like 3

We've been dropping through the trap door without a whimper since the start do the year. Even if we can't stop relegation at this point, if we show some fight and give survival a good go then that at least gives us hopes of a genuine automatic promotion challenge in League Two next season. Assuming recruitment is also vastly improved.

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

We've been dropping through the trap door without a whimper since the start do the year. Even if we can't stop relegation at this point, if we show some fight and give survival a good go then that at least gives us hopes of a genuine automatic promotion challenge in League Two next season. Assuming recruitment is also vastly improved.

I can't see anything changing, the public denouncement of David Flitcroft makes it more difficult to dispense with his services I suspect. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Not sure if people have watched the pre-match interview, but they really should. It's genuinely one of the best I've ever heard as a Vale fan. I've pinched this off Bagger's blog which is an extract from it. If this doesn't get everyone up for Saturday, I don't know what will. Saturday is do or die in my opinion. We need everyone, fans and players on it from minute one. No one leave anything out there.

“When this place is in full voice, it is a fantastic stadium to be in. Vale fans, you have been magnificent since I have arrived. I thank them all personally for the reception they gave me and the support they are giving me now.

“This is a personal message to all of them. Please come and help us, we need you. Do it more than anything for the badge. You have supported this football club through years, through generations of your families.

“This badge you see me now touching – do it for the badge. The club needs you. You have been there through thick and thin for this football club and, no doubt whatever happens on Saturday, you will come here again and be in full voice. You are a credit.

“One thing I have said to the players is the one consistent is that Vale fans will turn up, it is their club and they are passionate. They will show that.

“What we have to do is match on the pitch that energy in the stadium. Saturday gives us that opportunity.

“If there is a fan sitting next to you and they are quiet, man or woman, boy or girl, give them a little nudge and get them to be in full voice. That would be greatly appreciated.”

If anyone nudges me I'll jump out of my skin if as normal I'm dozing off through tedium ! 

In all seriousness I like what he's said but it feeds from the pitch. The pre Lincoln atmosphere was excellent then look what happened. 

The crowd will respond to what is on the pitch. Just want to see full commitment from them all and I'll give it back. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I can't see anything changing, the public denouncement of David Flitcroft makes it more difficult to dispense with his services I suspect. 

Carol has said Flitcroft is doing a good job but some of his signings like Loft, Jones and Massey just don’t reflect that and the Bristol rovers fans couldn’t believe we signed him and he has a contract until the end of 2025 and who would buy him because he is awful; we have to get rid of Jones but he is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen at the club and I doubt we will see Ikpaezo again and thank goodness Massey’s contract finishes in May and I expect Wilson to move on but I don’t trust flitcroft to sign any quality as his record shows

• Like 1

Without doubt injuries are a massive problem! Forest Green walked the league when we came up! They were lucky they had a load of players on 40 plus appearances, however once injuries came into play and a few players left they dropped like a stone. We could very easily follow them if we are not careful. Some people think if we go down we will come straight back up! Not going to happen without some major changes in personnel and attitude. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

A win gives us hope. 

Brilliant post ST

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

Carol has said Flitcroft is doing a good job but some of his signings like Loft, Jones and Massey just don’t reflect that and the Bristol rovers fans couldn’t believe we signed him and he has a contract until the end of 2025 and who would buy him because he is awful; we have to get rid of Jones but he is one of the worst left backs I have ever seen at the club and I doubt we will see Ikpaezo again and thank goodness Massey’s contract finishes in May and I expect Wilson to move on but I don’t trust flitcroft to sign any quality as his record shows

I genuinely don't have a problem with Massey as a squad player in fact the games we have played well in this season he has performed and made a difference. Doesn't have much time off injured and I think he tries his best.

Flicroft Out.

• Like 7