onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

Advert

Shrews are on odd one, lost more than anyone and scored less, what so far has saved them is it is all or nothing, they don't really draw many so have managed to win a few more than you'd expect for a side that's lost 20 in 36, 26 goals for is terrible however Burton (scored 29 put 3 past us) and Cheltenham (scored 29 put 5 past us over 2 games!).

We need to show some solid defending first an foremost.

If we can win this then confidence is up, we need to win this and one of the Orient/Oxford games (maybe 2 draws) to get right back into contention for me... take it in little steps, but this and the Burton Away are must wins, if we can get a couple of points or a win in those two between that and win one of the 2 Easter fixtures then we'd have a decent chance going into the last 3 home games (all be it probably need 6-7 points from those 3 if we lose all the others between).

Its a huge ask still unless two teams really have a bad run it and set the target to 46 like last season maybe but one step at a time, win this then look at Orient.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Shrews are on odd one, lost more than anyone and scored less, what so far has saved them is it is all or nothing, they don't really draw many so have managed to win a few more than you'd expect for a side that's lost 20 in 36, 26 goals for is terrible however Burton (scored 29 put 3 past us) and Cheltenham (scored 29 put 5 past us over 2 games!).

We need to show some solid defending first an foremost.

If we can win this then confidence is up, we need to win this and one of the Orient/Oxford games (maybe 2 draws) to get right back into contention for me... take it in little steps, but this and the Burton Away are must wins, if we can get a couple of points or a win in those two between that and win one of the 2 Easter fixtures then we'd have a decent chance going into the last 3 home games (all be it probably need 6-7 points from those 3 if we lose all the others between).

Its a huge ask still unless two teams really have a bad run it and set the target to 46 like last season maybe but one step at a time, win this then look at Orient.

I'm resigned to it. But looking at fixtures we need minimum of 10 points from next 5 games.

Then we have 3 successive aways although admittedly 2 are against mid table opposition who ought to be the perfect opposition. 

It's Vale though. 

Ripley    Leutwiler

Lopata                       Iacovetti

Chislet   Garrity   Gore    Ojo    

Loft             Wilson         Dipepa

Edited by Jeffporthill
miss spell
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeffporthill said:

Ripley    Leutwiler

Chislet   Garrity     Ojo 

I know we're conceding goals for fun but I think playing 2 keepers is a bit extreme isn't it ?  Jeff 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jeffporthill said:

Ripley    Leutwiler

Chislet   Garrity     Ojo 

2 goalies and 8 outfield players 

interesting 🤨 

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

If Dan Gore came back from injury and saved us from going down then Man U would become my favorite second team albeit still way, way, way, way back. We need a miracle.

As  the Hot chocolate song  goes        .   

I believe in miracles ,

where you from ?   Vale Park,   

Vale park ,👍  yeah .

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure if people have watched the pre-match interview, but they really should. It's genuinely one of the best I've ever heard as a Vale fan. I've pinched this off Bagger's blog which is an extract from it. If this doesn't get everyone up for Saturday, I don't know what will. Saturday is do or die in my opinion. We need everyone, fans and players on it from minute one. No one leave anything out there.

“When this place is in full voice, it is a fantastic stadium to be in. Vale fans, you have been magnificent since I have arrived. I thank them all personally for the reception they gave me and the support they are giving me now.

“This is a personal message to all of them. Please come and help us, we need you. Do it more than anything for the badge. You have supported this football club through years, through generations of your families.

“This badge you see me now touching – do it for the badge. The club needs you. You have been there through thick and thin for this football club and, no doubt whatever happens on Saturday, you will come here again and be in full voice. You are a credit.

“One thing I have said to the players is the one consistent is that Vale fans will turn up, it is their club and they are passionate. They will show that.

“What we have to do is match on the pitch that energy in the stadium. Saturday gives us that opportunity.

“If there is a fan sitting next to you and they are quiet, man or woman, boy or girl, give them a little nudge and get them to be in full voice. That would be greatly appreciated.”

• Like 7