onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby C (A) match thread - 2nd March.

You can take losing 3-0 at Derby. They are a miles better team than we are. But what it much harder to swallow is playing midfielders up front, because our forwards are so bad. Playing a kid at wing-back and a rubbish winger on the other side. Playing League Two at best level defenders at the back.

Flitcroft's recruitment outside of Arblaster and Devine has been an absolute travesty, regardless of the budget. But I keep coming back to the fact that he didn't employ himself, and Carol also backing him as strongly as she did to write an open letter only feeds his ego even further. It's now getting to the stage where you actually have to question if Carol has all of her marbles there if she isn't just keeping him at the club to save face and not admit to herself and everyone that she got something oh so incredibly wrong.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 2

Advert

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I dont know why any of you give him the time i really dont,as soon as he mentions Bratt being decent etc then you know he is a wum so just dont entertain him me owd fruits

Do you really think the club is in a better place culturally than when Bratt was in charge? Deluded

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

The thing is she knows the fans clearly don’t want him anywhere near the club. Just look at the squad we’ve assembled. We would struggle in league two with this squad. It’s all on him. She’s publicly backed him the other week and will not have a bad word said about him. Which is very very worrying. I know she hasn’t got a clue about football: as she keeps telling us, but if she can’t see what an awful side we are then I do not know why we bother next season. Carol shanahan things need to change for next season or it’ll get nasty up there. Flitcroft out now 

A lot has happened since that statement mate 

• Like 2

Today was a free hit.
Only we can't afford free hits, got about 7 or 8 weeks left of the season to turn it round, and everything I feared about the manager is coming to fruition.

Yeah it's kind of clutching at straws. Lose to Shrewsbury it's Defo curtains. Beat Shrewsbury, it's just delaying the inevitable and giving us false hope.
I'd like to know if DM seriously thinks/thought he can turn this around or if he's part of some sort of relegation plan to get us back up ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I know everyone has lost faith, but if we beat Shrewsbury on Saturday, we will be 3 points behind them with two games in hand. They will be twitching as well. 

You would have to be a bit mental to think we'll win another game this season. The opposition would have to be absolutely hopeless. No creativity. No strikers. No confidence. It's done and dusted.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

A lot has happened since that statement mate 

You are correct. Let’s hope she can see what way our club is heading under the delightful David Flitcroft. Moore won’t stand a chance next season if he’s working under Flitcroft. Huge summer rebuild needed just to be competitive next season. And certainly a goal scorer recruited as well as midfield men who can score goals. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bimbleabout said:

Yeah it's kind of clutching at straws. Lose to Shrewsbury it's Defo curtains. Beat Shrewsbury, it's just delaying the inevitable and giving us false hope.
I'd like to know if DM seriously thinks/thought he can turn this around or if he's part of some sort of relegation plan to get us back up ASAP.

Curtains already mate it was over when we didn’t pick up a win in either of our last 2 home games unfortunately 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Really?? He is getting results now yes but when did that start

Might not have been straight away but they are getting some good results now & with a better chance than us of staying up. We won’t get a reaction at all or win a game all season 

Edited by Vtid

5 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Watched some of the Wembley game the other night and thought that lot would Hammer this present team, then I thought what a waste of time going to Wembley was, nothing but misery since and we are back where started with a weaker more spineless cowardly set up.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Exactly Mate, just Look at Mansfield, kept a decent Manager and Recruited well.

Next Season if The Shanahan’s are still in charge I just hope she gets rid of Flitcroft and Moore and his merry men and get Steve Evans to come and do a Mickey Adams and Stabilise the Club.