onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Why does Moore keep saying things like "they", "Port Vale", "the Vale".

It's "we" Darren.

YOU are in charge of this.

Take some accountability!

He's done that from day one if you go back & listen to his early interviews - already washing his hands of the mess in my opinion.

Advert

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Why does Moore keep saying things like "they", "Port Vale", "the Vale".

It's "we" Darren.

YOU are in charge of this.

Take some accountability!

he doesn’t appear to need to take responsibility just like some of the players; smith, loft, Massey..who’s contract ends in May thank goodness and ikpaezo will be gone as will Wilson but how do we get rid of loft..probably the worst striker I have ever seen at the club; sell jones who is dreadful and wouldn’t get in leek town’s side and sell ojo and others and refresh the club asap 

• Like 1

Some very short memories on this thread and the other Moore Out one.  Comments like Crosby would have kept us up and we wouldn't have thrown leads away?🙃🤔🤪 Crosby was attricious and had better players at his disposal, that's not to defend Moore either but we can't keep sacking managers, how about the useless players(in the most part) accept some responsibility or we actually give Moore the chance to build a squad next season? Fine if he's struggling after 10-12 games of next season or we lose the first 6 playing crap start sharpening you shovels and pitchforks but come on? You can't polish a <ovf censored>!  This is probably the worst Vale side at 3rd tier level I've had the misfortune to watch in 30 odd years and could top the Sinnott/Glover side if allowed to continue into next season!  Absolving the youth lads of any blame there's literally about 3 I'd keep the rest have proved one way or another they're either useless or not up for the fight!

Without saying/typing it again I'm somewhere on the same page as Spunkers 2 posts!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

The Uche injury was an absolute killer for Crosby. Fleetwood sealed his fate, but I do think he'd have ground out enough points to keep us up. Just my opinion. 

Losing Garrity for the period at the end was a massive blow, him and Chislett have been our biggest goal threats all season

Just now, PV1973 said:

And getting no one in during the jan window. 

Can’t pin that on the manager though, Clarke had the same issue the season before. That lies with our recruitment team. If you can’t land any players, make sure you don’t release any then, letting Conlon go was stupid, although not a first teamer and most likely to be released, he would have played a major part for us in the last 4 months after Devine and Arblaster left, instead we relied on 2 more youth loan signings, one who played 1 game, never to be seen again, and the other who is no way near ready and has paid a major part in us losing points in the last 2 games. 

Flitcroft has now gone but we have to be looking to make major changes to our recruitment team as they are continuously underdelivering. 

5 minutes ago, Santa said:

We really missed his goal.

I take your point re Uche's goals ratio, it was more around the new game plan Crosby was trying implement at the time. Getting it to Uche & winning 2nd balls off him higher up the pitch. That alongside Garrity being out injured killed things for Crosby.

I stick to my guns & I do think we'd have more points on the board had he stayed. I'm not saying that's something that should be celebrated, but we'd have stayed up IMO.

It can obviously never be proven & ppl will have differing opinions, but it's hard to imagine anybody picking up less points than Moore has done. He's far too placid & this isn't a squad that can fire itself up, we've seen that so many times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Can’t pin that on the manager though, Clarke had the same issue the season before. That lies with our recruitment team. If you can’t land any players, make sure you don’t release any then, letting Conlon go was stupid, although not a first teamer and most likely to be released, he would have played a major part for us in the last 4 months after Devine and Arblaster left, instead we relied on 2 more youth loan signings, one who played 1 game, never to be seen again, and the other who is no way near ready and has paid a major part in us losing points in the last 2 games. 

Flitcroft has now gone but we have to be looking to make major changes to our recruitment team as they are continuously underdelivering. 

Im not trying to say thats the managers fault, and neither can you pin injuries on the manager but all those factors don’t help the manager when he needed the recruitment team to come through for him in January. 

18 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

As you are a fan of Moore's.. Did you negotiate his five and a half year super deal? 😉

It's impossible to understand the petty mentality of people who choose to waste their lives merely trying to annoy other people.

Is that really your best?

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Warren said:

I think it would be pointless to have appointed DM and his support staff and not back him. I can see he knows his stuff. Tonight was a good strategy in the circumstances. No one can cope with the gross defensive errors v Exeter and Wycombe. The answer starts with better players. 

Exactly so.

Darren Moore deserves the chance to rebuild the squad with players of his own choosing.

Whatever other attributes those players may have, I would be certain that he will choose players with strong mentalities and the absolute will to win.

And Darren Moore then deserves the chance to manage those players over the first half of the next season - that's the point at which well-founded analysis of his successes and failures can reasonably be made.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NW9Valiant said:

And I would give serious thought about reducing Academy spend and putting it back into the first team.

Absolutely not.

The Academy spend already IS going into the first team, whether it is players coming through at relatively smaller costs or players being sold to boost the club's coffers.

On Vale's gates, together with Vale's other income streams, the only way we are ever going to be even League 1 ready is by having an excellent youth policy.

The successes of Vale's Football Academy have been among the few bright spots of this season - let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

• Like 2