onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

We’ve also got a manager who saw their tactical change at half time, ignore it. Let them batter us, then take our best player on the day off and bring on a competition winner. 

Uche was absolutely shattered when he went off. He should have gone off earlier in my opinion, possibly at half time. I don't accept Moore did much wrong. Exeter were a much better side than us. The players have to go out and perform and they were simply outplayed by a better team. To be honest I watched Exeter warm up and thought we were in for a difficult game. We did well to be ahead at half time, but were no match second half. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Advert

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

Uche was absolutely shattered when he went off. He should have gone off earlier in my opinion, possibly at half time. I don't accept Moore did much wrong. Exeter were a much better side than us. The players have to go out and perform and they were simply outplayed by a better team. To be honest I watched Exeter warm up and thought we were in for a difficult game. We did well to be ahead at half time, but were no match second half. 

The thing that sticks for me is that I watched a dreadful game at Exeter earlier in the season where Exeter were even worse than us

Now look at it - Exeter recruited well and are miles ahead of where Vale ☹️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, osprey said:

The thing that sticks for me is that I watched a dreadful game at Exeter earlier in the season where Exeter were even worse than us

Yes, I've a lot of empathy with that. Exeter solved their problems and now have a very good side. 

I don't see what more can be done by Moore. In the second half only Ojo is at Exeter's level aside from Dipepe perhaps. They pushed up the pitch and countered Chislett, Garitty and the whole defence couldn't play out. 

To play against good teams our players have to be able to move the ball in coordination at pace under pressure. They can't. Also the wing backs can be got at on the deck. 

Edited by Warren

33 minutes ago, osprey said:

They also lost two really big players. Nombe and Brown.  Staggering how we've ballsed this up. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Warren said:

Moore didn’t do much wrong? Really? 
Exeter were bottom of the bloody league not long ago and got promoted the same time as us, oh and lost their best players

Uche could have gone off earlier. It’s not him being subbed that’s the issue, the issue is replacing him with a hopeless midfielder rather than a striker. Surely Darren could see the change in tactics from Exeter? I’m guessing not as he left Sang and Grant isolated.

Gutless performance against a side at the beach who were bottom not too long ago and have a goal difference of minus 15 and sit in 12th. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

Behave yourself.

What has impressed you about Moore so far? Or is it that you feel he deserves a go with his own players? 

Personally I think we will struggle in league 2 and I’ve seen more than enough to convince me that he is not a step up on Crosby. 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Moore didn’t do much wrong? Really? 
Exeter were bottom of the bloody league not long ago and got promoted the same time as us, oh and lost their best players

Uche could have gone off earlier. It’s not him being subbed that’s the issue, the issue is replacing him with a hopeless midfielder rather than a striker. Surely Darren could see the change in tactics from Exeter? I’m guessing not as he left Sang and Grant isolated.

Gutless performance against a side at the beach who were bottom not too long ago and have a goal difference of minus 15 and sit in 12th. 

Exeter most definitely weren't on the beach and they're a good side. If we moved the whole of this team to L2, it would be pushing for promotion. But there is a big gulf from there to L1 we haven't bridged. I think the backroom team including manager are now much better. But we likely do need to sign / bring through better players. 

I don't understand why you can't see that it's the players we have signed before Moore got here is the issue. They're not good enough. There clearly has been marked improvement at Exeter. They looked faster and more skillful everywhere. Could do with changing their keeper perhaps. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

Exeter most definitely weren't on the beach and they're a good side. If we moved the whole of this team to L2, it would be pushing for promotion. But there is a big gulf from there to L1 we haven't bridged. I think the backroom team including manager are now much better. But we likely do need to sign / bring through better players. 

I don't understand why you can't see that it's the players we have signed before Moore got here is the issue. They're not good enough. There clearly has been marked improvement at Exeter. They looked faster and more skillful everywhere. Could do with changing their keeper perhaps. 

Yeh let them have Ripley ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What has impressed you about Moore so far? Or is it that you feel he deserves a go with his own players? 

Personally I think we will struggle in league 2 and I’ve seen more than enough to convince me that he is not a step up on Crosby. 

You don't like anybody so it's not really a surprise you don't like Moore either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Uche was absolutely shattered when he went off. He should have gone off earlier in my opinion, possibly at half time. I don't accept Moore did much wrong. 

Don't disagree that Uche had to go off, but Weir? If Loft comes on at that point we gain a point, minimum. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Warren said:

I know the players are the issue. But I really dont see how our manager with one of the worst records possible at the vale isn’t culpable as well. His management today, and other matches during the game is terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

You don't like anybody so it's not really a surprise you don't like Moore either

Ok pal. I loved Darrel Clarke and Micky Adams. Was also a fan of Bruno (wrongly so)  Moore, I was very happy with the appointment and been bitterly disappointed. Sets the team up fine but his in game management just seems all over the place  

Do you still think we made the right choice investing in the scoreboard over the team? 

Edited by valiant_593
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Funny you say about the pre match warm up Warren, because I noticed that aswell. I said to the wife about the speed of their passes and first touch of their entire team, compared to ours. 

1 hour ago, osprey said:

They may be miles ahead of us. But we were way better than they were first half and were deservedly ahead by 2 goals. Yet we just let them do what they wanted 2nd half by sitting deep for some reason. You would have thought we would have learnt from the fleetwood, stevange, wigan home games. I just think we get bullied too easily and are so under confident. We will struggle to stay in league 2 with this squad. They are so damaged

• Like 2

Ok pal. I loved Darrel Clarke and Micky Adams. Was also a fan of Bruno (wrongly so)  Moore, I was very happy with the appointment and been bitterly disappointed. Sets the team up fine but his in game management just seems all over the place  
Do you still think we made the right choice investing in the scoreboard over the team? 
Was it a choice between a scoreboard and a player? The scoreboard will obviously last longer than a player and bring advertising revenue in as well as performing an informative function.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app