onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

I always knew how bad Fergerson's record was at United during his first 2 and a half years at United. I watched a Brian Clough documentary recently and I'd forgotten how poor Clough initially did at both Derby and Forest.  We got relegated in Rudge's first (part) season, followed by a very average mid table league 4 finish. It took Shankley 2 and a half years to get Liverpool promoted. A very different time when fans and chairmen were more prepared to give managers time. 

• Like 2

Advert

It's still too soon to beat Darren Moore up over our performance as he's been dealt a poor hand courtesy of our DOF. There's no question that our recruitment has been a disaster and the now departed loaners were disguising it.

That said, I would have expected him to create some sort of new Manager bounce but obviously not. It's all very disappointing to say the least.

Flitcroft out!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Tamworth said:

It's still too soon to beat Darren Moore up over our performance as he's been dealt a poor hand courtesy of our DOF. There's no question that our recruitment has been a disaster and the now departed loaners were disguising it.

That said, I would have expected him to create some sort of new Manager bounce but obviously not. It's all very disappointing to say the least.

Flitcroft out!

I agree and as you say I also expected a tad better, particularly organization/defending.

Eg, the two goals vs Oxford were schoolboy errors, especially the second, and why from set pieces there  is not one or two Vale defenders around the D to defend any ball that's headed/cleared out is beyond me, all Vale's defenders seem to be clustered around the 6-yard box.

Cheltenham's equalizer in 1st half injury (a tad unfair as it was Moore's 1st game in charge) time and the mis-hit shot from the edge of the D that went straight to a Shrewsbury defender for their 2nd goal come immediately to mind, both second balls would/should have been cleared by Vale players with better organization.

Vale were poor at defending set pieces under Crosby, certainly no better under Moore.

• Like 1

There were also many people on here strongly of the belief that from the available candidates Moore was the best man for the job. I myself, felt he was easily the strongest candidate on paper and many praised Flitcroft and Carol for what was seen as a coup. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

There were also many people on here strongly of the belief that from the available candidates Moore was the best man for the job. I myself, felt he was easily the strongest candidate on paper and many praised Flitcroft and Carol for what was seen as a coup. 

Yep me too but I can say that after what I witnessed last Saturday, I now freely admit it looks like  I was wrong but let's see as I mention above.

Edited by Tamworth
  • Like 1

I’m reaching a point whereby I’m thinking that there is no one person in an official capacity at the club whose judgement I trust. (I don’t include John Rudge as his position is honorary)

I am at a loss as to what Carol and Flitcroft thought would happen when we didn’t get our ESSENTIAL January targets? Did they think we would just magic results? Did they think that the players we had already got would suddenly turn into world beaters?

I liken Moore’s position to a top chef being presented with bacon, ice cream, custard powder, garlic, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, peanut butter, luncheon meat, beef jerky, a lemon, a tin of Andrews Liver Salts and a kumquat, and then being told to make a proper dinner.

I would question Moore’s judgement for thinking he could actually do something with what is in effect a strikerless team and a sieve like defence.

If somebody thinks they can make anything palatable with the ingredients listed then can I suggest you give Mrs Shanahan a call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

I would question Moore’s judgement for thinking he could actually do something with what is in effect a strikerless team and a sieve like defence.

Catch 22 situation. Any manager daft enough to take the job obviously has somewhat questionable judgement.

I think we can all agree that the club is going nowhere good with Flitcroft in situ. I personally think it's a waste of time debating which manager to have in the current set up.

First things first. Flitcroft out.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

So, what happened to Crosby in January when were easily getting beaten by the likes of Carlisle & Fleetwood? Both of those games were an absolute disgrace of performances 

Yes but we had the odd good game…Blackpool and Wigan were very good performances. As you keep saying, 3 wins in the last 22 games (1 win in 7), we have now had 7 games under Moore and we’ve not even got 3 points, let alone a win. Surely you can see, it is now worse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

I’m reaching a point whereby I’m thinking that there is no one person in an official capacity at the club whose judgement I trust. (I don’t include John Rudge as his position is honorary)

I am at a loss as to what Carol and Flitcroft thought would happen when we didn’t get our ESSENTIAL January targets? Did they think we would just magic results? Did they think that the players we had already got would suddenly turn into world beaters?

I liken Moore’s position to a top chef being presented with bacon, ice cream, custard powder, garlic, cottage cheese, bread crumbs, peanut butter, luncheon meat, beef jerky, a lemon, a tin of Andrews Liver Salts and a kumquat, and then being told to make a proper dinner.

If somebody thinks they can make anything palatable with the ingredients listed then can I suggest you give Mrs Shanahan a call.

What about a ramekin of chopped luncheon meat with a toasted breadcrumb, lemon and cottage cheese crust, topped with bacon and beef jerky followed by custard flavoured ice cream with peanut butter swirls drizzled with kumquat coulis?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

I agree and as you say I also expected a tad better, particularly organization/defending.

Eg, the two goals vs Oxford were schoolboy errors, especially the second, and why from set pieces there  is not one or two Vale defenders around the D to defend any ball that's headed/cleared out is beyond me, all Vale's defenders seem to be clustered around the 6-yard box.

Cheltenham's equalizer in 1st half injury (a tad unfair as it was Moore's 1st game in charge) time and the mis-hit shot from the edge of the D that went straight to a Shrewsbury defender for their 2nd goal come immediately to mind, both second balls would/should have been cleared by Vale players with better organization.

Vale were poor at defending set pieces under Crosby, certainly no better under Moore.

Don't know who made the point on here but it was valid and correct . Given our horrific defending of corners and too many cooks. Just leave 2 up and they'll have to leave 3 back. 

Instead there's about 20 players in the penalty box. 

47 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

What about a ramekin of chopped luncheon meat with a toasted breadcrumb, lemon and cottage cheese crust, topped with bacon and beef jerky followed by custard flavoured ice cream with peanut butter swirls drizzled with kumquat coulis?

You’re picking the team Saturday 

57 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

This reminds me of ready steady cook 🤨😆

10 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

No he didnt.

This is the weakest sqaud's been all season.

No Devine, Arbalster, Thomas, Uche etc

We won our last match without blaster. And had lomax and shorrock as fullbacks. Thomas never played and uche is terrible. Crosby also had Ojo, garitty, Clarke and jones all injured towards the end of his time as well. Im not saying Crosby was good, im saying Moore hasnt been any better, and for most of the games we look a lot worse. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1