onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darren Moore

Rory

1 hour ago, Stockleys_socks said:

The fact that this thread exists beggars belief. In what other sport would the manager/coach come under fire after 2 weeks in a job, let alone the one that DM has taken on.

As for him not being the sharpest tool in the box, this is football folks or should we be looking towards Oxford or Cambridge University for our next manager?

Not looking for someone to win Mastermind just someone to win some football matches

• Like 7

Advert

3 hours ago, philpvfc said:

We did far better without a manager, a draw against high flying Stevenage and robbed a point to a controversial penalty against Pompey. Why are Vale the only club not to have a lift with a new manager?

I would go further and argue we did better without an owner! 

The best Vale squad in the last few years was probably assembled when we were run by administrators Begbies Traynor headed by Bob Young.

He and Micky Adams made sure we didn’t waste money and we had a squad hungry to fight. 

• Like 1

Its hard to judge Moore on this, he has literally nothing to work with... 17 year old youth player and Ryan Loft who's destroyed confidence wise.

No wide men or full backs

No workable central defensive partnership, (whatever combination we try it doesnt seem to work).

No midfield.

I will judge him next season when he has his own players in but I doubt even Pep or Klopp could turn this around.

• Like 9

My prediction for what it's worth. We're relegated with games to spare this season. Moore does a DC & completely overhauls the squad in the summer. We have money to spend & manage to sign a decent squad. We are in & around the playoffs next season, but don't go up. Takes us 2 x seasons to get back to L1.

I don't think Moore comes to Port Vale without getting a decent pay packet & the promise of funds to build his own team. I think a massive part of us bringing him in was that bagging a well known manager with a proven track record puts you in a much stronger position when you're trying to attract players & get signings over the line. I think that probably played a part in January. Players were probably looking at us & thinking... bottom half League 1 with Andy who in charge?

I think Moore is a piece of the puzzle we were missing. A "big" name who can get signings over the line. Signings who would normally be out of our reach. We will find out in the summer. I think DF & Carol were banking on us being a League 1 side, because the calibre of player we may have been able to attract with Moore as manager & Carol's new found wealth would've put us in a different bracket.

It doesn't look like that will materialise & he's going to have to work much harder to get some good signings through the door. There isn't many quality players who want to play League 2 football. I believe stopping up this season would've been transformational for us as a club. I think Carol knows this. Her interview on Saturday said it all. She knows we're within touching distance of a new era, but relegation is going to put us back by 2/3 years. She must be just as frustrated as ourselves, you can tell by how emotional she was in such a public setting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

My prediction for what it's worth. We're relegated with games to spare this season. Moore does a DC & completely overhauls the squad in the summer. We have money to spend & manage to sign a decent squad. We are in & around the playoffs next season, but don't go up. Takes us 2 x seasons to get back to L1.

I don't think Moore comes to Port Vale without getting a decent pay packet & the promise of funds to build his own team. I think a massive part of us bringing him in was that bagging a well known manager with a proven track record puts you in a much stronger position when you're trying to attract players & get signings over the line. I think that probably played a part in January. Players were probably looking at us & thinking... bottom half League 1 with Andy who in charge?

I think Moore is a piece of the puzzle we were missing. A "big" name who can get signings over the line. Signings who would normally be out of our reach. We will find out in the summer. I think DF & Carol were banking on us being a League 1 side, because the calibre of player we may have been able to attract with Moore as manager & Carol's new found wealth would've put us in a different bracket.

It doesn't look like that will materialise & he's going to have to work much harder to get some good signings through the door. There isn't many quality players who want to play League 2 football. I believe stopping up this season would've been transformational for us as a club. I think Carol knows this. Her interview on Saturday said it all. She knows we're within touching distance of a new era, but relegation is going to put us back by 2/3 years. She must be just as frustrated as ourselves, you can tell by how emotional she was in such a public setting.

Synectics hasn't been completely sold, it's been invested in by a VC firm to provide capital for growth. Key word invested, they'll want a return on it. She isn't walking away with a £180m cheque, she'll still be running Synectics.

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Synectics hasn't been completely sold, it's been invested in by a VC firm to provide capital for growth. Key word invested, they'll want a return on it. She isn't walking away with a £180m cheque, she'll still be running Synectics.

Carol & fam are about to be in a different stratosphere from a financial perspective. The future is bright, despite the immediate demoralisation of near certain relegation back to L2.

Next season would've been very interesting had we managed to stay in L1.

Edited by ValeForever.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Carol & fam are about to be in a different stratosphere from a financial perspective. The future is bright, despite the immediate demoralisation of near certain relegation back to L2.

Next season would've been very interesting had we managed to stay in L1.

That doesn't really acknowledge the statement from Synectics themselves.

C&K formed a holding company in October that as of the latest records is the majority shareholder in the business, they were both terminated as a 'person with significant control' in Nov so you'd think they'd sold some of their shares to it. Companies house isn't yet updated to reflect how Synova have/will invest. They've accepted investment into Synectics, not sold it off. They will still be there running it and being invested financially in it.

While they may well have sold shares for cash, there isn't a cheque in the drop box in Natwest in Newcastle high St with £180m written on it made out to her and Kevin, fans need to be realistic.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Doha said:

That doesn't really acknowledge the statement from Synectics themselves.

C&K formed a holding company in October than as of the latest records is the majority shareholder in the business, they were both terminated as a 'person with significant control' in Nov so you'd think they'd sold some of their shares to it. Companies house isn't yet updated to reflect how Synova have/will invest. They've accepted investment into Synectics, not sold it off. They will still be there running it and being invested financially in it.

While they may well have sold shares for cash, there isn't a cheque in the drop box in Natwest in Newcastle high St with £180m written on it made out to her and Kevin, fans need to be realistic.

I’m led to believe it will be sold, but Carol will remain on the board. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I’m led to believe it will be sold, but Carol will remain on the board. 

I don’t know but there is no guarantee that any cash Carol does get will be heading in the direction of Vale park 

we can hope 🤞